quest blocks do not always become colored after completion...

Topic started by djsquelch on May 23, 2011. Last post by Fire Star 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by djsquelch (44 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I have noticed this behavior before and initially thought I was just imagining things, but right now I can say for sure that i have at least one block that  has not become colorized after completion: South Boston - Part of the Problem.
In the past I have noticed that some of these blocks will fill in only after the entire set is complete. Sometimes it feels a little confusing at first glance to think I have more to accomplish than I really do.
As long as quests get marked as accomplished in some shape or form, it isn't much of a problem for me...
Speaking of which, I believe I completed the Secret Quest for AV Club and yet it is not marked as accomplished. I did ask for clarification in the forum and thought I had met the quest requirement. If I have not, then I need more clarification on what to do.
Post by Fire Star (3,732 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@djsquelch: Is the problem that you don't get the experience after completing the quest, or is it that the caption that comes up and the quest is set as accomplished under your Quests tab ?
Also, THIS will help the Staff a bunch, if you could lay it out in that format in the future I'm sure they would appreciate it.
I have the experience and the message. The block simply does not become colored. It is a random issue, i.e. it doesn't always happen.

As for the second thing I mentioned, I didn't either as of yet.

stats:
firefox 4.0.1
windows 7
http://www.animevice.com/profile/djsquelch/quests/  & in pop up quest descriptions...
I see. Well, perhaps reloading the page will do it for you ? Sometimes it takes awhile for the completed Quest to register, even though it shouldn't.
I have even been through several reboots and still the block is not colored.
Moreover, that quest was complete upon the first Wiki edit and I have since edited more than 25 pages and received credit for the other two quests that pertained to edits and their boxes are colored.

Also, Secret Quest from AV Club still has not displayed as credited and therefore set is not complete, either. Does someone have to approve that manually like Wiki subs or is it automated like most quests?
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@djsquelch: Just realised why you didn't get the quest. You put "first" in your comment, which unfortunately counts against you, even if you didn't post just that. Here's another commentless video for ya.
@Godot said:
@djsquelch: Just realised why you didn't get the quest. You put "first" in your comment, which unfortunately counts against you, even if you didn't post just that. Here's another commentless video for ya.
You're kidding me. I said it was the first time I have seen that sort of video and it triggered as me being obnoxious? That's a really horrible automation. Nonetheless, I will try again. Thank you.

PS- It worked. I did it while before finishing this post. That was an awful video. No wonder nobody posted...
@djsquelch
So the box became colored ?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel