Problem: "Add New Issue"

Topic started by sora_thekey on Jan. 17, 2011. Last post by M.S. Feather 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I added a new manga series to the site Last Hope. The series has only lasted two volumes so I have been trying to add the second volume in there. While using Google Chrome, when pressing the "Add New Issue" button I get sent to a blank page. When using Internet Explorer or Firefox the page just continues to load and never allows me to add the new volume. (I actually left it loading for about an hour and it never got there.) 

Thanks! :)
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@sora_thekey:  When you get the prompt about navigating away from the page did you hit "Ok" instead of "Cancel?" You're supposed to hit the "Cancel" button and not the "OK" button...confusing I know but it's a common mistake people make all the time (even myself). Other than that I'm able to add a new issue. 

This is the Prompt I&squot;m Talking About. Hit "Cancel," and Then it Goes Away and you Should be Able to Add a New Issue.
 This is the Prompt I'm Talking About. Hit "Cancel," and Then it Goes Away and you Should be Able to Add a New Issue.

The White Screen of Doom if you Hit the "OK" Button
 The White Screen of Doom if you Hit the "OK" Button

Otherwise I Can Edit the Page no Problem...but I'm not Going to....
Otherwise I Can Edit the Page no Problem...but I'm not Going to....
@zombiepie: I don't even get asked... it just goes directly into the White screen of Doom!
@sora_thekey:  Yeah dude I don't know what's wrong but I was able to create the page for the second volume no problem. See if you can edit and fix the page up. Java is usually my problem.

Also I didn't go through moderation this page just went up live...what's up with that?
Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@zombiepie: If you've linked up all of your WM accounts, having enough wiki points to avoid moderation on one will let you avoid moderation on all... well, at least between AV and GB.  I've never done wiki editing on CV or Screened so they might be different, but I doubt it.
@sickVisionz:  Oh yeah that's right...that doesn't work on Giant Bomb right now so I forgot.
@zombiepie: Thanks... It's strange that it wouldn't work with me.
Post by Digifiend (29 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@sickVisionz: Definitely works fine, I edit on CV more than the other sites (mainly due to them lacking a lot of British comics, giving me plenty of stuff to add), and was quite surprised that when I got enough points there, I also avoided moderation at Screened. Well, it works here, on Screened and on CV anyway. Unfortunately, zombiepie is right, it's not working the way it should on Giant Bomb.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Still just getting white screened
@EganTheVile1:  What page is it?
Post by DocHaus (922 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@zombiepie:
How in the Lord's name are you able to add manga volumes? No matter whether I'm using Firefox or IE, I always get stuck with an infinite loading bar until I just give up out of frustration. Ethan said he'd look into this issue but to my knowledge either he did not or if he did the tweak did not work.

[fakeedit] Just tried it again...still doesn't work. No matter what existing manga series (Pani Poni, Hayate X Blade, etc.) it won't let me add the issues even as the snapshots of manga covers have been sitting on my HDD longer than hotdogs at a 7-Eleven.
@zombiepie:  
All four Transformers Manga volumes that are presently up (Fight Super Robot Lifeform Transformers, Beast Metals, Kiss Players, The Cool)
@DocHaus:  It is my Divine Right as a king.

That and I'm bringing sexy back:

@EganTheVile1: Yeah I'm not getting the White screen of death. I guess I'm that sexy because I can totally add new volumes to that page.
@zombiepie:  
Not thinking of adding another merkin-tastic issue are you? LOL
@EganTheVile1:  Oh no don't worry about that. I'm not going to do anything this time because I have no idea what to do and what you guys want to do with those pages. Probably best to just wait instead of possibly letting me screw up the page and then no one can fix it.
@zombiepie:  
Awww... I'm disappointed! Especially since there is now a William Shatner page on AV! At least do a sequel to the thing you submitted as a joke thinking no mod would ever approve on your blog!
Could somebody help me. I am still getting the White screen and I am trying to add the second volume of House of Five Leaves
@sora_thekey:  It has been done.
@zombiepie: Gracias! :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel