New Editor Bugs in Here

Topic started by gpbmike on June 3, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@sickVisionz said:

I can't get links to work for crap. I've tried in Safari and Firefox on OSX and Chrome and Firefox on WIn Vista. Once I highlight something and click on the link icon, the dialog pops up but going through all of the steps doesn't result in a link being created. It still works fine in the old editor though.

Ja das es stimmt. Hyperlinking with the new editor is a massive pain that sometimes doesn't even work.

Post by gpbmike (29 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@zombiepie said:

@sickVisionz said:

I can't get links to work for crap. I've tried in Safari and Firefox on OSX and Chrome and Firefox on WIn Vista. Once I highlight something and click on the link icon, the dialog pops up but going through all of the steps doesn't result in a link being created. It still works fine in the old editor though.

Ja das es stimmt. Hyperlinking with the new editor is a massive pain that sometimes doesn't even work.

I need more details. I'm in Safari on OSX and I made all of these links with no problem.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@gpbmike said:

@zombiepie said:

@sickVisionz said:

I need more details. I'm in Safari on OSX and I made all of these links with no problem.

It's been working for me today as well. I think some code was pushed through overnight or late yesteday.

Staff

@sickVisionz: Cool, let me know if anything else is driving you mad. :)

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I tried to remove a spoiler tag using the new editor. It did not come off, and when I ask others to do it, the spoiler tag is still there.

I used the old editor to remove it, but it will not work. However, I found that the old editor can still remove other spoiler tags that are still intact.

This is the page, Lisanna, where the spoiler tag will not come off which is my fault. Because I hit save or something, this causes the spoiler tag to get frozen.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@gpbmike:

I have some more bugs for you. I'm using Windows Vista and the browser is FireFox 5(yeah, suddenly they made it 5). I was having this issue on Black Lagoon franchise page. Though, this is happening on all large pages that I've been editing on.

Recently, if I cut and paste any text on a page. The editor sort of flashes and then I'm automatically sent to the bottom of the page. This is an odd twist when the former text editor would shoot me tot he top of a page after pasting text.

Review Editor Bug

I was working on a new review (my first using the new editor). When I would make links. I noticed that no options would appear on the linked text when I click on them. How the normal linked text will say [Go To Link / Remove / Change]. This wouldn't appear at all.

When I was adding images. No options would appear for the pictures. In the images below you can see the catalog of pictures I added. In that collection of 7 images, no options would appear when I scrolled over it.

I think I might know what s happening. When this one image was accidentally posted twice. I noticed the image options were appearing under the actual areal I was writing the review on. You can see the Change button partially obscured. I noticed this when I was trying to get rid of the picture.

(as I was writing this report. It took three attempts to get these image in the right spot. It kept posting this at the very top of this post.)

After I posted the review, I was able to go right to the posted text version and add in all those links and images with no trouble.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

#1 I have an on again off again issue with the new editor not letting me add links to items. I go through the regular process but nothing happens and no link is made. Sometimes it will insert a partial URL somewhere in the article I'm editing but most of the time the system doesn't add anything.

#2 If I ever paste anything into a cell in a table, it will actually paste into the cell one row below and additionally it will shrink the vertical height of all other cells. I'd post a picture example of this but image uploading is still borked.

@sickVisionz said:

#1 I have an on again off again issue with the new editor not letting me add links to items. I go through the regular process but nothing happens and no link is made. Sometimes it will insert a partial URL somewhere in the article I'm editing but most of the time the system doesn't add anything.

#2 If I ever paste anything into a cell in a table, it will actually paste into the cell one row below and additionally it will shrink the vertical height of all other cells. I'd post a picture example of this but image uploading is still borked.

I still have that issue.

I have table issues with images that bugged me a lot. Now I have images to show to you.

I guess the longer you make a table, the harder it gets to add images to it.

After posting, the images will appear on top of the table. After that, I just reedit it again. It takes two times.

My only solution is to either insert a list or type in the cells then add images (keep doing that)

I'm just pointing out errors. Thanks.

Staff

@takashichea: What browser + version are you using?

@gpbmike:

Those images above were Fire Fox 6.0.1

I use three browsers to carry out my tasks since Fire Fox 6.0.1 won't upload image, I use Internet Explore 8 or Google Chrome 13.0.782.220 m. Primarily, I use Fire Fox to wiki edit and post blogs.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@gpbmike:

The text editing tools don't seem to work. I can't seem to get the H3 header to work, and the Bold and Italic buttons don't do anything. The Strikeout button works, but I can't undo it. As you can see where I tested it on the "Italic". The Underline button is working.

I'm using Firefox 6.0

@gpbmike:

This bug thread does have issues with the text editor since I think most of my teammates use the text editor.

Please see this thread. Thank you.

@gpbmike
I noticed after posting a blog, the links disappeared. When I tried using the new text editor to relink the blog, it won't let me. Please see this image. I had to use the old text editor to relink the blog to several pages.
 You see the blog area for links is so narrow that you can't type in it.
 You see the blog area for links is so narrow that you can't type in it.

Systems: Windows XP, Vista, the one at school (XP I think)
Browsers: Fire Fox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8
Thank you.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,910 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

The side-to-side image placement seems to be out of whack and it also omits some images as well, like what's going on here...

I'm using Chrome and Firefox with Windows XP.

Post by XTREEMMAK (9 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but every time I try to edit my about me page, it throws a 500 error....

Tried on both Google Chrome and on Firefox.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
O.S. Windows 7
Browser: Firefox
Nature of problem: Unable to associate new pages to episodes/not showing up in search (older pages work fine)
Example: Added the character Vogel for an episode of Transformers Prime, and actress Pamela Adlon the voice of Pumyra, Vogel was added yesterday, Pamela Adlon today, did some editing on both pages as well, but still not showing in searches. Again older pages are unaffected.

@EganTheVile1 said:

O.S. Windows 7 Browser: Firefox Nature of problem: Unable to associate new pages to episodes/not showing up in search (older pages work fine) Example: Added the character Vogel for an episode of Transformers Prime, and actress Pamela Adlon the voice of Pumyra, Vogel was added yesterday, Pamela Adlon today, did some editing on both pages as well, but still not showing in searches. Again older pages are unaffected.

That happens to me, too. I couldn't add the new character pages that I made today.

@EganTheVile1:

It's working now.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel