New Editor Bugs in Here

Topic started by gpbmike on June 3, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gpbmike (29 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Subscribers! Today you were given access to the new editor. Throw some bugs my way we'll get them sorted out.

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Must...figure...out way...to leave white version of Anime Vice.

Staff

@zombiepie: try this link

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Well I don't know is this a bug or not.

When I push enter, it make a big space between the first sentence I make

Post by takashichea (12,378 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I have problems inserting images in tables. I am trying to do what my partner and I do on the attack tables for several of Fairy Tail characters. See examples of their attack tables I try to do for other pages.

Here is a picture of my issue. The images will spill out of the table and will not stay there. The text stays in place.

I am using Windows Vista and Mozilla Fire Fox (don't know what version but it is the latest one, I think).

For now, I will use the old editor.

@Destinyheroknight:

It happens for me, too. I think it is natural since it eliminates unnecessary space. I look at my volume wiki pages for shaman king. See vol. 18.

It looks clear and easy to read.

Online Now

@takashichea:

Yeah, but it kind of throw me off in the forums :(

@Destinyheroknight
Oh I see. Sorry about that. Maybe the new editor needs a spacing button like in microsoft word. It's like jet lag again.
Online Now

@takashichea:

That be a good thing, I just dislike the space it leave :(

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25

This is for subscribers?? I haven't subscribed. Is it for subscribers and moderators?

@gpbmike:

where are you doing the text formatting that goes away?

The removal of space between paragraphs is by design. We're trying to remove extraneous markup.

looks like it removes the strike tag in forums. .

Okay, I just needed to find some time to make some images to show you some proof about this alteration that I'm finding. This is on every wiki page that I edit, but this example can be found on the Hide profile.

In Edit Mode

Link: http://www.animevice.com/profile/foxxfireart/all-images/84-151556/edit_1/83-418926/

These are probably too small for you to see the changes, so I added links directly to the images for full viewing. I want to draw your attention to the Creation section. In the first image. I italicized "Monthly Dragon Age", in that first paragraph; and in the second paragraph I italicized the titles "Streets of the Dead". Where it says "Section 23" I both bolded and linked that text. You can see these text manipulations in the first image.

After Saving

Link: http://www.animevice.com/profile/foxxfireart/all-images/84-151556/edit_2/83-418927/

The second image shows what happens after I save my changes. You'll notice that "Monthly Dragon Age" and the episode title "Streets of the Dead" are no longer italicized. "Section 23" is also no longer in bold. For some reason, the first time I wrote "Streets of the Dead" it remained italicized. Most of the text manipulation didn't carry over after saving.

About Spaces

I completely understand wanting to remove pointless breaks, but it's a common practice in writing to place on break in between paragraphs to emphasize a change in a scene. It's helpful when writing long and detailed synopsis of volumes or episodes. Otherwise it just becomes this long list of paragraph after paragraph.

Space Bar Bug

Another bug I've been finding has to do with my space bar. Sometimes when I'm dealing with a long page of text and I want to get to the bottom quickly without using any of the standard mouse or side bar scrolling. I'll tap or hold down my space bar. When this new text editor is active, the page wont scroll down when I tap the space bar. This also happens on news pages. It does work when I have the previous editor working.

Staff

@FoxxFireArt: It's for moderators and subscribers. :)

I just edited the Hide page and made Monthly Dragon Age italic and Section 23 bold. I'm using Chrome 11 on OSX. What browser/operating system are you using?

Re: Spacing - Long sections can be broken up with images and/or headers. It's hard for me to differentiate between legitimate nice-looking spacing and terrible random spacing. Stripping all the extra spaces normalizes everything.

Re: Space bar - This is something I'm looking in to. I'm guessing you're using FireFox. I've heard similar reports of page movement with keys not working as intended.

@gpbmike
Oh, that's right. Sorry, I normally always add that information when reporting bugs. I'm using Windows Vista and the browser is FireFox 4.

Thanks for making those changes. It's really superficial, but they give a certain level of organization to the pages. I haven't been using the new text editor as much as I'd like because of this text manipulation issue. Other than this one thing. I really do like it.  I just use the italicize and bold so often when I write.

I've normally been happy with FireFox, but since this 4.0 upgrade things have been weird. When I add link to the text, I'm suddenly shot up to the top of the page. So, I have to scroll back down to keep working. I will say, this bug isn't present on the new text editor. Only the old one. Since you're going to be changing editors, I wouldn't spend any time bothering with this one.

The good thing about the new editor is that it allows the user to type info after a table in a page. Normally with the old editor, I have to copy the table, remove it, add my info, and readd the table.

I don't have much bugs to report right now except for the page movement issue. I'm used to it now.

I found a harmless bug, but it disappears after refreshing the page. I am still using Windows Vista and Fire Fox 4.

Ignore the comment. See that purple cursor.
Ignore the comment. See that purple cursor.

Ignore the comment. See that purple cursor. It appears after making comments, but it disappears after refreshing the page. It's harmless, I think. I just want to point it out.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

It's not really a bug, but is there any way to get visible borders when editing a table?

Staff

@FoxxFireArt: Formatting in FF on wiki pages should work now.

@gpbmike:

I've been testing it out on a few pages. I certainly think that you fixed it. The text editing is working fine.

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I'll be honest. I had the same problems. But when I switched browsers from Internet Explorer to Chrome, a lot of these problems went away. 
Staff

@Wales: This thread is specifically for the new editor which should only be available to moderators and subscribers right now.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I can't get links to work for crap.  I've tried in Safari and Firefox on OSX and Chrome and Firefox on WIn Vista.  Once I highlight something and click on the link icon, the dialog pops up but going through all of the steps doesn't result in a link being created.

It still works fine in the old editor though.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel