Mail problem still here

Topic started by Count_Zero on April 21, 2010. Last post by RedRoses 4 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Since the thread about the Unread Mail Problem ( this one here) has been locked, I'm starting this new thread to say that I'm having that problem. I'm running the most recent stable release of Mozilla Firefox on Windows Vista, and the issue is also occurring on Giant Bomb and Comic Vine, if that helps. Sometimes I can fix it by marking a post I've read  as unread, but currently that appears to not be the case.
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yeah I am still dealing with this problem as well.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
With the new update out (the Quest System one) I still have the problem every now and then.  Most of the time it's correct.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
If there is a number still and you already read them all, you reply to the last message and it reverts back to zero. That's how it works for me.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@RedRoses said:
" If there is a number still and you already read them all, you reply to the last message and it reverts back to zero. That's how it works for me. "
Wow, what a weird solution. Did you stumble across that randomly? Also, love the new Nono avatar.

But yeah, I can't make heads or tails of the mail system most times. I've just learned to love the bomb, though I rarely zero out any mail account (my gmail has 3601 unread mail currently)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@John_Martone: Yup I randomly came across it when I had two PMs still in my inbox. I just replied to one and it reverted to zero. It's just odd. 

My OCD-like behavior wants my inbox clean all the time so I try to limit myself to ten. So when I see that fake unread messages, it bugs me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel