Lost 900+ points, or paid them back?

Topic started by hazelnutman on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Shingui_Takeda 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
After showing ethan my GiantBomb page, he gave me 1001 points for live edits.

I went ahead and added up a bunch of info on Yuki Nagato (which I had already written for a GiantBomb page) and hit submit. Apparently, I got 951points for it.

I say apparently, because instead of adding 951 to me 1001, I have this message on my feed:

• Hazelnutman just made 2 changes on the Yuki Nagato page and now has 1,001 points.

Instead of having 1952 points, I'm still on 1001. Does this mean that the 1001 points are something I have to pay back before I can advance, or have my 951 points been lost to a glitch or something?
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Wait...if we show them our GB page we can get 1001 points?

Sorry if off topic btw.
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Maybe its just a glitch where it will take some time to fix? I know recently I have made about 300-400 points worth of edits on giantbomb and still haven't gotten the points yet. But from the edits i have made I have gotten the points immediately.
Black_Rose said:
"Wait...if we show them our GB page we can get 1001 points?

Sorry if off topic btw."
I have no idea. I was asking if he had any moderator spots available, but he 'gave me 1001 points for now'.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Try making a few more submissions and see if that fixes it.

And no, having a GB account does not normally earn you 1001 points on AnimeVice -- please don't spam ethan's PM box. :)

MasturbatingBear said:
"Maybe its just a glitch where it will take some time to fix? I know recently I have made about 300-400 points worth of edits on giantbomb and still haven't gotten the points yet. But from the edits i have made I have gotten the points immediately."
GiantBomb has been like that for me too. Although, I'm deeply saddened because it took me a week to write all of that.
Axersia said:
"Try making a few more submissions and see if that fixes it.

And no, having a GB account does not normally earn you 1001 points on AnimeVice -- please don't spam ethan's PM box. :)

"
I just tried that, but no avail :(

In fact, my recent contribution wasn't even acknowledged. It's not even on the feed, but it is down there in the "contribution" section. My points remain the same.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Not a bug.
ethan said:
"Not a bug."
Ah ha, so I have to re-pay those points until I can have more points added on (like a loan/debt essentially)? Why did my other edit not show up in the feed though?
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
i don't even know how to get a 1,000 points since at CV I have a account called www.comicvine.com/myvine/mark1212 and it has over 1,000, i don't know who to contact about getting it switched over.
Sorry for bumping this but i made over 4000 points between today and yesterday and i should have more than 5000 points by now, even if i'm paying the 1000 points i got when the site started i still should have more than 5000.
Post by Fubar (84 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Wait and be patient.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Black_Rose: If you recently got a surplus of points just today, the server takes a while for it to add to your overall point score if you're under 5k still (meaning that if ya had less than 5k before all your edits. I had this same problem before going over 5k). Once you're over 5k, then the points are usually added faster.
Well, thanks for clearing that up, i can be a little unpatient sometimes ^_^
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
RedRoses said:
"@Black_Rose: If you recently got a surplus of points just today, the server takes a while for it to add to your overall point score if you're under 5k still (meaning that if ya had less than 5k before all your edits. I had this same problem before going over 5k). Once you're over 5k, then the points are usually added faster."
Ok well that helps me, since i know ive made least 400 500 worth of points total of my recent subs.

So thousand more and i wont have problems
ok im still missing a good chunk out of a combined amount of points of 505. Want to know wats going on cause id like to do more subs but grrr hehe
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Hey dude can you recheck your points I added them up and they seem right!!! You dont get to keep the 1000 points you started with sorry man.
http://www.animevice.com/gantz-bike/21-129/

I got three points from that. If you look at my page it shows the submitting i did. AN Im still missing a good 150 points

• Feb. 5, 2009 - 1:29 p.m.
    Shingui_Takeda just had a submission approved for Gantz Bike
    Shingui_Takeda just made 1 change on the Gantz Bike page and now has 3,788 points.

• Feb. 5, 2009 - 1:21 p.m.
    Shingui_Takeda just had a submission approved for Gantz Bike
    Shingui_Takeda just made 3 changes on the Gantz Bike page and now has 3,785 points.

Thats what im talking about. It says i made three points when on the page i made 153. So i made the points from creating the page an not putting the info into it.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
it will update watch the magic
LMAO smarta$$
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel