Is it just me or is the site taking too long to load

Topic started by flashback180 on April 4, 2014. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
Post by flashback180 (434 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Well lately i have observed that the site has really slowed down compared to a month ago . I know its not my Internet speed i'm running on a unlimited 4mbps .

I can access other sites much faster ,These sites basically should take longer time because of all the .swf and HD images based sited

the best way to observe this by trying to post 2 or more images on the forms. Sometimes it takes 20- 30 secs ...sometimes it wont load at all.

But this was not the case before, i used to post 3-5 images on my form and it would take just a few secs..

So ,whats going on????

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yes I have the same problem. Sometimes I still need to post 2 or 3 times for I to go through for example. However since it's a site related problem, I think this belongs in the Bug Reporting section.
Post by Dream (7,206 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Thread moved to Bug Reporting.

As for me, I've occasionally been getting the same issue as Vice doesn't immediately load pages for me and I wind up having to either enter the link again for it to load or refresh the page in the event I'm trying to post or upload anything.

Post by takashichea (10,893 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@flashback180:

Reported the image problem already (Error 504 - Image Uploading and Lagging Issues). Even after the Website Slowdown, there is some lag leftover.

Online Now

Here's the thread. This problem has been over a week old.

Post by waezi2 (50 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage said:

Yes I have the same problem. Sometimes I still need to post 2 or 3 times for I to go through for example
Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It's been over 2 weeks and I'm still lagging.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,725 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Im also having these problems

Post by Vapovile (1,735 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Just curious, what is the OS and browser you all are using? I am on Windows 8 and using Chrome, and I am not having any problems...

Online Now

To Vapovile:

• Windows 7 - Desktop
  • Sister's laptop - Windows Vista

I have to refresh constantly to load pages or upload images.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,460 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Well considering that windows 7 is now the most prominent and useful windows OS that is a huge problem. This site has problems it needs to get straight, or people are going to leave. I personally am sick and tired of having huge posts deleted because the site decided to hiccup, and I'm sick of fighting to the death with this site to upload images.

I am also experiencing moments of lag again. Using a Windows 8 OS and Chrome.

Online Now

@CerusSerenade:

It always had problem. You're still here because you're attached to the site like everyone here. Do you remember the Whiskey Media Sale Off? We always get by when things got rough. We had worse lags than this before. When you posting comments, always copy your comment. Then, if you hit the glitch, refresh your browser and try again. That's how everyone got by.

Unfortunately, we don't know who to contact since the engineers who was active before the Sale Off, Ethan and Daniel, are gone. Pretty much, we just got to wait it through.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,460 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@takashichea: I'm sorry to say I'm not anymore. I've lost too many posts to the site hiccupping 3 times in a row and I just refuse to take it anymore. Unless this site gets its shit together it's no longer worth my time. Good bye.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@CerusSerenade: Yeah, a while back there was a glitch and I was in the middle of fully blowing out the Katanagatari episodes (this is what I had planned for every episode) and redoing all of the images because I bought the BDs and could get massive 1920x1080 watermark free pictures. I was spending like... like 2 hours or so nitpicking through episodes to get info about moves and perfect shots for moves and any data about characters for an internal goal of making Katanagatari like a real standout part of the site if anyone came across it... but I was hitting so many errors that I basically was like screw this, I'm out. Hopefully things get worked out. That bug was a big part of what started to turn me off from the very concept of wiki editing on the site. I don't know who is the technical staff of the site but whoever they are, hopefully they can solve the problem.

Here are some tips though:

Clicking a link: Click it again. You should know within 1 or 2 seconds if it's acting how it should. Pressing escape and then clicking it again usually makes it work.

Forums/Messages (maybe wiki text edits): Press escape. Click on literally any other link on the page and immediately press escape again. That should cancel out the thing that prohibits you from reclicking. You may not be able to simply hit the submit button again, but you can go into the text box and press Ctrl+A (select everything) and then copy that, Ctrl+R (refresh the page in almost every browser), then paste.

Online Now

@CerusSerenade:

Forgot to be specific. There was the Website Slowdown where you could not post at all. That was the worse glitch in AV's history.

@sickVisionz:

I got one more tip for the wiki aspect. I posted this in the Error 504 - Image Uploading and Lagging Issues:

Figured out a way to bypass Epic Fail pop out menus. After getting an Epic Fail pop out menu, click ok to exit from the pop out menu. Then, caption one of your images. Then, the pop menu for saving images comes back. Hit save, and your images are saved.

It's too bad, I can't figure out how to avoid error pop out menus on the wiki pages.

Post by othus12 (6,303 posts) See mini bio Level 12

damn this lag its the worst since ive joined the vice.

@takashichea: Do you know if Shogun Tom Pinchuck has asked the engineers to look into this yet? It seems like the problem has spread to all browsers and OS types, and it is getting to the point where the lag was a month ago.

Online Now

@Vapovile:

Yeah, Acura sent a PM to Tom, and he responded that a fix would be here soon.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Using Windows 8 with Firefox over here and this site is STILL lagging! D:

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel