Images getting deleted

Topic started by sickVisionz on July 14, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
just noticed all the images I added to Claymore episode 1 are gone WTF AV?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@EganTheVile1 said:

Until the bug is resolved, do not upload any images onto the site. They either disappear or don't load properly, so until this is fixed, put a temporary hold on image uploads.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@ShadowKnight508 said:

@EganTheVile1 said:

Until the bug is resolved, do not upload any images onto the site. They either disappear or don't load properly, so until this is fixed, put a temporary hold on image uploads.

Really, don't do anything involving pictures. It's a high risk maneuver. I just tried to add a picture I uploaded like a year ago to a blog and the loading screen died and when I checked back, the image was erased. Hopefully that only happened because it was a picture I added but if not, no image on the site is safe.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sickVisionz:

It's ironic that this bug attacks just as I get this collection of great images for characters and manga volumes. I can't do anything with them until this gets fixed. The real problem with this bug is that it's so hard to know when it gets fixed. To test it, you have to risk losing images.

@FoxxFireArt said:

@sickVisionz:

It's ironic that this bug attacks just as I get this collection of great images for characters and manga volumes. I can't do anything with them until this gets fixed.

Agreed...just as I finish two character pages and get ready to upload images into each of the character's image galleries, the bug arrives to mess things up. After trying to upload images related to the Hosokawa Hazuki and Yuuki pages (for the character image galleries), they all disappeared from both the galleries and my profile (similar to what happened to your HotD images that you lost to the bug).

So far, I am currently sitting on 20 to 40 images that I will not load onto the Vice until I am told that the bug is gone.

Post by Toxin45 (337 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I am getting the same problem for Hellsing

@ShadowKnight508: @FoxxFireArt: I literally spent hours on Saturday trying to upload images for a Katanagatari episode and the concepts and characters I made for it. Eventually I found a kinda sorta not really way around it but ultimately it wasn't worth it for the amount of pics I like to upload.

Had the system been up I'd be at least 3-5 eps deeper into Katanagatari and Galaxy Express 999. I was going to start working on Milky Holmes but the fear of the bug made me hold off on it.

When it does get fixed, I hope there is an announcement either via Twitter, an article, a thread or something saying that it's ok. This weekend was a bad weekend for AV. The images broke, people had issues with nigh invisible text, post counts and last posts in the forums aren't working properly.

@sickVisionz:

The problem with that is that they don't often say when a bug has been repaired.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
ugg I really hope some of the harder to find ones I added dont go bye bye, I mean the ones I added to Claymore 1 that are now gone I added many months ago, and some of the character images... I dont even want to think about tracking those down again, please tell me Whiskey Media staff is going to put AV at top priority for once? 

EDIT: Was I alone on thinking this was just someone baing a total bastard with live edits before noticing the images were gone from my own gallery as well?
Post by Dekken (393 posts) See mini bio Level 20
A few moments before I uploaded some screenshots for Queen’s Blade: Beautiful Warriors, OVA 05, and they haven't disappeared, I'm constantly refresing the page, and they are still there. Nevertheless I tried to add another screenshot twice but it disappeared seconds later, it seems the bug attacks randomly (for now).
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Dekken: Yeah thats what happened to me as well.

@Dekken:

Be careful with that. There are times a picture will stay in my galleries for a few days then be gone for no apparent reason.

@EganTheVile1:

Staff is aware of it, but it's San Diego Comic Con. It's hard to know how much staff is still even at that office.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@FoxxFireArt: so are you saying that now pictures in someone's gallery disappears with no reason?

i just found out that the default image for Frieza just disappeared ( i didnt upload it) no reason.

Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@buhssuht: @FoxxFireArt: Yeah I saw a few old pages today that are missing their main images. Also I was able to add three new character pages today and the images haven't been deleted as of yet.

@Obsidian609: The bug is funny like that. That's what makes it so wonky. Sometimes an image will stick but then if you add more images to the same gallery it will get erased. I've had it where just adding the image to a thread makes it get erased but then other images seemed like they are locked in for good.

If the bug still exists come tomorrow, that will be one whole week where it's been there. If it's still there by 5 or 6pm PDT, it will probably be there over the entire weekend.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Three of my image was deleted :(

Hope they fix it

@Destinyheroknight: That stinks. I got a PM a few hours ago from one of the video guys saying that they noticed stills for videos and and avatars were going missing and that they sent it to the staff for fixing and that that it's been corrected. I asked if this was related to the image bug (linked to this thread) and if it meant the bug we're experiencing was fixed. I haven't gotten a reply yet but if your pics were recently deleted then I can assume the answer is no >_<

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz:

I don't know what time they got deleted

I was looking for them, so I could make a battle thread and I know they was in the Stein images (but it wasn't their)

It wasn't in my Soul Eater gallery ether (I guess someone was editing it or something and they got delete)

I played around with making a new character and switching the main image around a few times and nothing got deleted. I think the bug may be fixed.

All 22 of my images that I uploaded yesterday are still there, and do not vanish when I refresh the page. I assume that the bug has been fixed by the Top Men at Whiskey HQ.

Until this bug pops up again, this thread is now locked.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel