Images getting deleted

Topic started by sickVisionz on July 14, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 3 years ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'm using Mac OSX 10.4.11 and Safari Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4. I'd try it on others browsers and OS's but I don't have copies of these pics on my HDD anymore so I don't want to risk losing them in the ether forever.

I noticed this earlier when editing a character but it seems like if I try to add an image to a Wiki article, it's just pauses in the loading screen forever. When I refresh the screen and try to add it again, the image is removed from my personal gallery, the character gallery, the series gallery and the franchise gallery. However, it still seems to be counted in the image count section of a gallery.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@sickVisionz said:

I'm using Mac OSX 10.4.11 and Safari Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4. I'd try it on others browsers and OS's but I don't have copies of these pics on my HDD anymore so I don't want to risk losing them in the ether forever.

I noticed this earlier when editing a character but it seems like if I try to add an image to a Wiki article, it's just pauses in the loading screen forever. When I refresh the screen and try to add it again, the image is removed from my personal gallery, the character gallery, the series gallery and the franchise gallery. However, it still seems to be counted in the image count section of a gallery.

This has happened to me as well, but it occurs whenever I try to add images to my image gallery or try to add a new image as my avatar. For 2 hours, I had a blank black box in my avatar window, and whatever image from my image library that I tried to swap to be my new avatar, it would be "deleted" instead.

UPDATE

Well, after wiping my history, the cookie data, and re-installing Google Chrome, the problem seems to have gone away for now. I managed to get a avatar up for the first time in 4 hours.

I cleared my browser out and while I'm having many other image related errors (positioning is acting up and I can't add images in the new editor and the oldeditor seems to be broken), at least my pics aren't getting erased. I think I'm just going to hold off on any wiki editing for a day or two and hope that when I come back these issues are gone.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Window 7 32-but

Chrome version 12

For me images gets deleted when I make them the Default Image of the wiki. The image got deleted even if the image wasn't uploaded by me.

I guess you have to clear the cache/data every few hours. I just got another image deleted...

Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Firefox 5.0

I have the same problem as well.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Firefox 5.0

Windows Vista.

Same here, I'll try the above mentioned tip thanks.

Running the same OS/Browser as before. I just had an image randomly deleted. I wasn't making it the main image for an article or anything. It was just there one minute and then disappeared after adding a new image.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This is clearly a problem on the site/server end, clearing cookies and history won't fix anything. I've been having a bunch of image problems today to the extent that I uploaded a set of images one by one (re-uploading every time I had an error) until I had them all uploaded, only to find a bunch of them slowly vanished while I was writing up an article using the images. On top of that, I couldn't add them to the episode page. It said to refresh the page to see changes and they hadn't been added at all.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

We need to get in contact with Ethan and the Staffers at Whiskey HQ regarding this issue. Several of my images in my image gallery disappeared after uploading a new image just several minutes ago.

A. Name

ShadowKnight508

1. What browser are you using?

Google Chrome

2. What Operating System are you using?

Mac OSX 10.6.8

3. What is the exact link to the page you are having a problem with?

My image gallery http://www.animevice.com/profile/shadowknight508/images/

4. Details, details, details. Explain it in detail.

When I upload images onto my profile, several of my images in my gallery disappear and when I go to re-load them, several different images from my gallery will also disappear.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,639 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Firefox 5

Windows VISTA

Manga Pages

Location Page

Philippines

Details, details, details. Explain it in details

This has also been happening to me since Friday. At first I thought it was just a bug with the manga pages, but I experienced it again today with a location profile I was trying to add a photo to.

The first time I experienced this bug, I was trying to add Volumes and Cover Images for the mangas listed above. I would try and add the picture to the gallery, but something happened when I tried to submit. Though it appeared the picture when through and was in pace on that page. I hit [Save Changes], the page reloaded, and the image wasn't there. I looked in my personal image gallery and it wasn't there. So, I then tried another tactic. I first uploaded the image to my personal Image Gallery. Oddly enough, it took several tries just to get the picture to load properly into my own gallery. It was either taking forever to load for such a small image or just showing text and no picture. I would reload the page and the image was missing.

After I got the image to finally load in my gallery again, I then submitted it to the manga volumes. Something bugged out again, The image wasn't on the page, and the picture was removed from my personal Image Gallery again. It took several tries, but I eventually got it to work.

Philippines Page

I recently submitted a location profile for the Philippine Islands. When I first submitted the profile, I added a image, as I always do. Though the profile went through, the image didn't. As you can see in this image below, I tried to resubmit the picture. It appears that the picture was loaded alright. I selected [Save], but if yo look at the Philippines page right now the image isn't there. After hitting [Save] the picture once more was removed from my gallery.

(Even as I was trying to upload this picture for this post, it removed the picture from my very own image gallery when I first tried to attack it to this post. I got it to load after my second attempt.)

One More Thing

I did notice something when I went to submit the Philippines page to the episode profile I needed it for. This image is of three examples of when I was typing the name in. You will see as I write each letter the image I tried to load is either there in the preview or it's missing. I just type "Phi" in the search tool and you can see it, but if I type more and it shows no image. I write the full name then you see the image.

@ShadowKnight508:

It might not of been anything you did that made it eventually work. I eventually got some images to load after waiting an hour or so.

Firefox 5

Windows VISTA

My Image Gallery

Anime Vice front page

Details, details, details. Explain it in details

On top of the issue I reported above. I've been having another issue with images. I didn't want to try and submit any more images into profiles until this issue got cleared up, but I loaded some images just into my profile's Image gallery to wait. I logged on this morning to find that two of the images that I loaded last night were gone. It took a few tries, but I eventually got them reloaded into my gallery. I have not tried to add them into any wiki galleries just yet.

During one of my attempts at an image reload. The screen did flash an error message after I tried to hit save on the image that said "Epic Fail".

Other Issue

I don't know if this is related to the same issue, but there are images missing from the front page of the site.

As you can see in this screenshot, CLAYMORE and BLEACH are missing the picture and the same for zombiepie's blog on the right.

Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

Reading though this now and will figure out who to send this too.

Post by Matoya (12 posts) See mini bio Level 8
If it helps, my avatar keeps being reset because the image isn't hosted by AV anymore

@ethan:

Cool, really hope this gets figured out soon. Some pictures that I loaded to the A Certain Scientific Rail Gun manga covers on Friday are now just gone. Both from the profile and from my own gallery. It makes me unsure about loading any images.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ethan: @FoxxFireArt: yea i havent bothered to update wiki ever since the bug started to happen

@sickVisionz:

@buhssuht:

I've been having so many recent images I've uploaded just disappearing from the site. This is easily one of the most annoying bugs I've seen on the site. I really hope this gets fixed and fast.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,710 posts) See mini bio Level 21
The same thing happened to me when I tried adding a new image.
Using Firefox 5 with Windows XP.
Post by Aarionf (32 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Bigheart711: I feel sorry for you buddy.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I have had to retry loading an image in excess of 15 times, this makes adding a nerw anime or manga impossible unless of course you go through the loading issues in advance on your personal gallery then create a new anime manga using "my images" a pain like all other glitches, newest being that I am still typing blind AND forums are giving 404s on new topics/replies, stop treating us like we dont matter WS and throw some tech support AV's way!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel