Getting Error Message

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on July 6, 2011. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

1. What browser are you using?

Firefox 5

2. What Operating System are you using?

Windows VISTA

3. What is the exact link to the page you are having a problem with?

Episode Pages 

Alice Maresato & Zeke

Details, details, details. Explain it in details

This is a new bug that I've been expereincing over all the Anime Vice wiki pages.I've linked a few specific pages. I've tried this with both text editors, so I know it's not related to that.

As I'm working on these pages, I suddenly see this "Error" flash. 

It appears briefly on screen then disappears, but once it's gone I'm still in Edit Mode but the tool at the bottom disappears.
As you can see in this image, I'm still in Edit Mode, but the Save/ Canel/ Mod Note segment is gone. I have no way to save any of the edits I make. It's been happening a LOT, and in the process I lose all the edit work I make. I have to reload the page to edit. 

To do One Piece Ep. 505, I have to write all the information down one paper and edit little by little and save every few minutes.

I ran an experiment over on Giant Bomb. I put it on Edit Mode on a page and left it on. Ten minutes in and no Error. I wanted to see if this was an issue with my system, but it seems exclusive to Anime Vice.
Post by Dekken (393 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The same thing happens to me when I add characters, voice actors and other stuff in the HSDK episodes, it's really annoying (I use Google Chrome and Windows Vista).
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

This happened to me when I was doing Wiki submissions for Kubota Arutarou yesterday. I ended up having to re-type two paragraphs that I had spent roughly a hour typing and editing after the error message popped up and the editor section at the bottom of the page disappeared.

1. What Browser Were You Using?

FireFox 5

2. What Operating System?

Mac OSX 10.6.8

3. What is the Exact Link That You Are Having a Problem With?

Kubota Arutarou

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one this is happening to.
@Dekken
:

I had that same problem on One Piece. I just wrote all the information down on paper then filled them out in sections.

@ShadowKnight508:

Until this bug is fixed, I would recommend writing everything down in your blog section. Once your writing is done, you can cut and paste your work into the page.

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I also face this similar problem. I do the same thing like FoxxFireArt (see previous post above) to copy and save work.

It takes a couple of tries until the work gets save. A lot of users face this issue where they hit save and error appears.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I've had this happen as well.

Post by ScarletKittie (131 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I'm also having this same problem. I tried both Firefox 5 and IE 8 in Windows 7.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I get this when editing episodes a lot, I just save periodically IE associate villains SAVE associate heroes SAVE, associate concepts SAVE and so on.... but yeah it's a major annoyance and I have to redo all my work if it catches me prior to a save, in all I think I have determined you have at least 45 seconds before the error message puts an end to your work on an anime episode and a max of 4 minutes with my experience 

OS Vista 
Browser Chrome 
Location Episode pages
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel