Error 504 - Image Uploading and Lagging Issues

Topic started by takashichea on March 29, 2014. Last post by takashichea 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (13,765 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Ever since the Website Slowdown that lasted for four days (March 13-16, 2014), the site still lags. I'm having trouble uploading images. Usually, I get Epic Fails pop out menus that is a bit frustrating. Now, I found a new error, 504.

I hope this thread will help the engineers fix this error soon.

• System: Windows 7
  • Browsers: Fire Fox, Google Chrome
Post by Dekken (469 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'm also having trouble uploading images, the loading times sometimes are endless and I get a lot of "Epic Fail" pop out menus.

• System: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
  • Browser: Safari
Post by Acura_Max (2,401 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Same problem here.

• Browser: Google Chrome
Post by Bigheart711 (4,181 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I had trouble with some pages on the wiki, but not my own Image page, however.

System: Windows 8

Browser: Firefox

Post by bigz007 (1,105 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I had the same error when I was uploading images and I moved/deleted a certain image from my local folder at the same time image was uploading. Also, I think I had the same problem when my internet connection was a bit slow (since I'm on my laptop using wireless).

• Browser: Chrome/Torch
Online Now

It has been 2 weeks almost. Lots of folks can't post pics. You can post a few pics after refreshing. To post a batch, it will take a lot of patience. Hope the site improves.

Online Now

@Dekken: @bigz007: @Bigheart711: @Acura_Max:

Figured out a way to bypass Epic Fail pop out menus. After getting an Epic Fail pop out menu, click ok to exit from the pop out menu. Then, caption one of your images. Then, the pop menu for saving images comes back. Hit save, and your images are saved.

It's too bad, I can't figure out how to avoid error pop out menus on the wiki pages. I'll try to figure out a glitch.

Post by Dekken (469 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Thanks for the info, I hope these bugs are fixed soon.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,181 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: Sounds neat. The engineers should take care of this fast, though. We're also under another company's name rather than Mandatory Network (unless they're the same one) and I honestly have no idea what else they're doing.

Online Now

@Dekken: @Bigheart711:

No problem guys. I'll try to find out how to bypass the Error 504 one because that kills a lot of my image uploads. It wastes a lot of time to check which images didn't get uploaded.

Post by AgentFakku (340 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I can't add images

Post by NectariaKiritsi (104 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I wish they should fix all those errors on this site! I'm tired of refreshing the page to add images from episodes -_-.

Online Now

@NectariaKiritsi: @AgentFakku:

It will be fix soon. It's just we don't have a lot of staff on hand after the Whiskey Media sale off. Tom has sent out an e-mail. Just be patient. I suggest just hanging out, comment in the forums. If you must wiki edit, you just got to keep refreshing the page.

Post by othus12 (7,661 posts) See mini bio Level 13

its impossible to make a battle thread because the images wont load.

i request skipping the whole rule of obligatory pics on battle threads until this issue gets fixed.

Online Now

said:

"i thin the image editing mechanism need to be changed , its very slow or maybe that's just my laptop"

It's not your laptop. It's the site.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,533 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@othus12: this makes CAV's hard to do =/

Online Now

@SMXLR8:

Not just uploading images. People cannot make comments without it freezing, and there is a chance to make dupe threads.

@othus12:

I told everyone in the Battle Forum Rules 2.0. ALL USERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! that they can contact me in 24 hours. I can edit their OPs and add images.

Edit:

There is a How To Show Scans or Any Images thread. Use image sharing sites for secondary and higher posts.

Post by AgentFakku (340 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Took 5 times just to add a character.

Online Now

@AgentFakku: @SMXLR8: @othus12: @NectariaKiritsi: @Bigheart711: @Dekken: @bigz007: @Acura_Max:

It's working right now.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel