Common And Previously Submitted Bugs Review

Topic started by Fire Star on May 24, 2011. Last post by Fire Star 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Okay, this thread is just to let anyone who is about to submit a bug review over some of the most common bugs and glitches that are submitted to this forum. I'll give the best descriptions of the bug and give you various threads (via links) and answers as to handling common bugs. This should help users out in that they may find the answer they are looking for here and it helps the Staff/Moderators in that there won't be a duplicate thread of a common/already submitted bug.

Common Glitches/Bugs 

Inbox/Notification Lagging Or Not Working: One of the most common bugs on the Whiskey Media sites, this has been experienced by most users at some point. There really isn't much you can do, other than just wait it out. It shouldn't last more than a day, two at the most. If it does, contact a Staff member.
Threads Featuring This Problem:
Uploading Images Lagging Or Failing: Very similar to the Inbox bug, it may be because you are uploading a large amount of images at one time. Also like the Inbox bug, you may just have to wait it out until the Staffers take care of it. If it doesn't respond in a day or so, contact one of them.

Leveled Up; Then Lowered Down : Sometimes when we gain a lot experience points from Quests in a short amount of time, the page may show that we leveled up to 10,but when we load the page again or click to another page it shows we are actually at level 9. Sometimes, it doesn't add up right when it is totaled the first time, so we usually get the correct level after we load a new page. If you find and add up that you should actually be a level higher than it shows, contact a Staffer.  Threads Featuring This Problem

Making An Edit, And Changes Don't Appear On Edited Page
: Often, this glitch will occur when more than one person is editing and the override of someone else's editing can cause your work to not show. Most often, you will still get points for doing the work, it just doesn't show up on the edited page. To avoid this problem, try editing a page that isn't currently being edited by a user that you know of, and if this does occur to you, than wait until that user is offline or seems to have finished their edits on that page to add your work or edit the content. If it seems the editor is working on the page for a lengthy amount of time, just PM them about the problem.  Thread Featuring This Problem:

Editing And Receiving No Points Or Wrong Amount: Again, this will happen occasionally and usually it is more site-wide centered. If you have the problem consistently just contact a Staff member about it. Also, it has been noticed that after the multi-site feature, the individual profile's from each site are usually the ones with the wrong amount. Go to the multi-pass profile page to get the most accurate information.

White Text Box: This has been a recent bug that has been reported and happened to me personally. The only solution I found to the problem was switching my browser to Google Chrome, this was the same case for a few other users as well. It might help if you first try and clear your Browser Cache, then continue to change browsers.

Menu's Cut Off: This little bug can be very annoying in that you loose easy access to some of your favorite forums. The most common cause of this is using Internet Explorer as your browser, try using a new one and see if it relieves the problem. If it doesn't, contact a Staffer.
Threads That Feature This Problem:

Flood Warning: This security effect is there to stop spam bots and trolls from ruining the forums, and it usually wears off for new users after about 25 posts. It is here to make the site better, and not just there to annoy new users eager to post in the forums.
Threads That Feature This Problem:
Images Stalling Upload: Sometimes, when we attempt to upload images on the forums we get to 100 % and the image never pops up ? Well, this often occurs and sometimes our computer just needs a break, this especially happens when we are making large uploadings of images, and this can overrun our computer. This should go away after a few page refreshments and a few hours rest for our computer. 

Contact A Moderator Or Staff Member

Sometimes, minor bugs just don't go away and there may be a more serious problem that you need to contact the Moderators/Staff members about. 

General

Moderator Specific

Staff Specific

Most bug-related questions should be directed towards ethan, as he is usually the Staffer who deals with reported bugs on Anime Vice.

I hope this guide has helped you with some answers for commmon bugs !

Note: If there is any bug that should be in this thread, just shoot me a PM or leave a comment below.

Also, if you find any links that don't work, let me know. I know my links weren't working the other day for some reason, there fine now so I should be able to fix them ! I edit and add links all the time here.
Post by Mercy_ (292 posts) See mini bio Level 11
This is a freaking fantastic idea. Well done. 
@courtney12490 said:
This is a freaking fantastic idea. Well done. 

Thanks, I appreciate it. I thought it would help out new users with bugs that are common through the site, and it would help prevent duplicate threads in the effort.
Just wanted to let everyone know I did some updating to the list and more example threads.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel