Cannot add any DVDs through Amazon

Topic started by Bigheart711 on Dec. 2, 2011. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,918 posts) See mini bio Level 21

System: Windows XP
Browsers: Firefox and Chrome
Pages Concerned: The DVD Sections of Anime shows and Movies

The Problem at Hand

I noticed that the anime shows and movies have a DVD section just like Screened does, but unfortunately, the search engine that uses Amazon.com's links doesn't work at all on either browser, which means that I cannot add DVDs to the database on neither here nor Screened. Anyone else having the same problem too?

Post by takashichea (12,353 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Bigheart711:

Glitch in adding DVDs
Glitch in adding DVDs

I have the same problem. A while ago, I posted on a thread that had a similar topic to yours. It was with the search engine timing out.

Both Windows XP and Vista are failing to do it. I tried Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, and Google Chrome. I have to PM to staff because this issue has not been resolved for a long time.

Post by Beast72 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I am having this same problem. I am on Windows 7 and have tried it on Fire Fox, IE, Safari & Google Chrome. Wish they would fix this.

Post by TheRealJpoe (9 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I was looking to add a slew of DVDs to various wiki pages but I keep getting this same error.

Any news on if it's being fixed?

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Seeing how AnimeVice does not have any staff members anymore (outside of Tom, I believe), I do not think will be resolved soon unless the new owners (BermanBraun?) properly staff the site.

Anyway, just endure with this issue until AV gets new staff.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ShadowKnight508: That's not entirely true. The majority of the Whiskey Media engineers went to BermanBraun, Andy included, but I imagine they must be pretty busy building other sites and such for the time being.

@TheRealJpoe: For now, you can add blu-ray and DVD covers to franchise pages. Make a gallery called "BD/DVD Covers" and put them in there. You can write about them on the franchise page under a merchandise header like on this page.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel