Can Not 'Add New Book' To Volume

Topic started by xeroxkitty on May 3, 2010. Last post by FoxxFireArt 4 years, 2 months ago.
Post by xeroxkitty (23 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Mac OS 10.4.11 with Safari 4.0.5      
 
This seems slightly different from what other users have been experiencing.  Hopefully not connected to this previous problem.
 
When I hit 'Add New Book', the pop-up box almost appears... but instead it turns the page white: 

 Where'd The Rest Of The Page Go...?!
 Where'd The Rest Of The Page Go...?!
The only way to escape the White Page Of Doom is to refresh. 
 
I've switched the computer off & back on.  I've tried different volumes.  I just can't get the pop-up box to appear correctly.  Little help?
Post by xeroxkitty (23 posts) See mini bio Level 12
This seems to be a redirection problem.  I tried using Firefox 3.6.3 instead of Safari.  When I hit the 'Add New Book' button, a new pop up appeared asking me:  
    

  • If I hit 'OK' the page went blank & was trapped loading something that never appeared.   
  • If I hit 'Cancel', the proper Pop-Up to add new issues appeared. 
 
So it seems that Safari is automatically redirecting me away from the New Book pop up box.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This is a problem with many of the older manga series. Ethan has been notified that this is an issue. So hopefully, soon, something will be done about this problem.
Post by Killroycantkill (70 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I have this same problem. I made a post about it a while ago but no one responded. I want to add some manga so I can give the series I'm borrowing back.
Post by Le_Chevalier_Gakusha (4 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Same here, only I get a notice that it's about to open but never does.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Moderator
I'm having difficulty approving new volumes and episodes in the wiki.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Working on it!
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@xeroxkitty: @Le_Chevalier_Gakusha: @Killroycantkill:  
 
Do you guys still have this problem?  It seems fixed to me?
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@FoxxFireArt said:
" I'm having difficulty approving new volumes and episodes in the wiki. "
This is fixed.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Moderator
@ethan said:
" @FoxxFireArt said:
" I'm having difficulty approving new volumes and episodes in the wiki. "
This is fixed. "
I keep seeing this, but I have no idea what to put for that section. I toggle through it and don't see what option I should select.

Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@FoxxFireArt: I'll take a look at that one tomorrow.
Post by Magnathorax (167 posts) See mini bio Level 6
You should do it right now
Post by Killroycantkill (70 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@ethan: I am having no problems adding volumes to manga now. Thanks for the fix. Also don't listen to Magnathorax, dude is a jerk. Great job on fixing everything! *Runs back to editing*
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator
@ethan:  
 
@FoxxFireArt said:
" I keep seeing this, but I have no idea what to put for that section. I toggle through it and don't see what option I should select.

"


I'm having the same exact issue.  I thought that maybe it's because the person is trying to add a manga volume for something that doesn't have a franchise yet.  I created a franchise for an item but it doesn't show up in the red circled area.  If I try to approve it with just the "----------" selected I get an error that I must choose something for that field.  If I uncheck volume, I get a 500 error.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@sickVisionz: @Killroycantkill: @Magnathorax: @FoxxFireArt:  
 
FYI I hope to have a bunch of these bug fixes go out on Friday.  I have a list Im going through.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Moderator
@ethan: 
I'm sorry if I am adding to your list, but I also saw these two issues recently.
 
I haven't been able to add first appearances on any profiles for a while now. I will select the option and type in the name, but the little window just LOADs forever and never shows anything. I sat there for three minutes waiting once. Normally, options appear before I'm even finished typing the name of the series.


When I went to try and edit Luffy's friends list section. I hit Edit this Page. The toolbar at the bottom of the screen appeared, but nothing on screen changed. I couldn't actually edit anything.
 
Also, I was editing some of the One Piece anime episode. I noticed that the "Write a Review" and "Edit this Page" buttons were gone, but the "Add to a List" button was still present. Text links still work. I'm unsure if this is just an alteration or a bug.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@FoxxFireArt said:


When I went to try and edit Luffy's friends list section. I hit Edit this Page. The toolbar at the bottom of the screen appeared, but nothing on screen changed. I couldn't actually edit anything.
 
"
This one is fixed.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Moderator
@ethan said:

" @FoxxFireArt said:



When I went to try and edit Luffy's friends list section. I hit Edit this Page. The toolbar at the bottom of the screen appeared, but nothing on screen changed. I couldn't actually edit anything.
 
"
This one is fixed. "
I went to that page to try and see if I could edit the first and add first meetings. It still wont let me edit anything.
 http://www.animevice.com/monkey-d-luffy/18-23053/friends/ 
 
On a positive note. The bug of not being able to add first appearances in anime and manga appears to be fixed.
Post by Chroma (146 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I am unable to add new books to a manga volume too. I know this is being worked on but I just wanted to let you know that I have difficulty as well in case it was thought to be fixed. It does seem to be a redirection problem as mentioned as I get sent to a blank page when I try to add a book.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@FoxxFireArt said:
" @ethan said:

" @FoxxFireArt said:



When I went to try and edit Luffy's friends list section. I hit Edit this Page. The toolbar at the bottom of the screen appeared, but nothing on screen changed. I couldn't actually edit anything.
 
"
This one is fixed. "
I went to that page to try and see if I could edit the first and add first meetings. It still wont let me edit anything. 
This is fixed for real now.  Turns out it was not working right on Comicvine either.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel