Bypassed moderation - my edit went live!

Topic started by Digifiend on Nov. 19, 2010. Last post by Digifiend 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Digifiend (29 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm using Google Chrome v7.0.517.44 and Windows XP service pack 3 (not that those should be relevant). 

I made a large edit to the Naruto Shippuden episode Untitled, having previously only had 83 points. I understand you need 1000 points to post things live without moderation, but it went live immediately, earning me another 87 points. That's 170 points total, not enough to bypass moderation. I got to the page via the Wiki Tasks page, I clicked on the option to do the task, submitted my edit, then declared it complete.  http://www.animevice.com/wikid/task/detail/290/
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@digifiend:  Do you have any other whiskey media accounts that have more then a 1000 points? because once they are linked to each other with the multi-pass you are granted instant live edits
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@digifiend: What Kelleth said is probably the case.  I have about 10 Giantbomb wiki points but after the multipass system came about I have live edit privilege on the site.  Personally, I think it's ok.  If you've passed wiki moderation on one site you're probably safe for all... unless you're a jerk.
No, Comic Vine has 538 points, with six submissions pending. Screened has 76 points. Giant Bomb has 175 points.    And here on Anime Vice, I just got a 150 point bounty for that Untitled submission, taking me to 320 points. I've not done any editing on Tested. I don't have live editing on any of the other Whiskey Media sites, not even Comic Vine. My grand total is over 1000, but no one site is.
Post by SamJaz (12,907 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@digifiend:  Well, that's probably it. You've got 1,000 combined points, enough to bypass. At least, I think that's how it works, I have about 19 Wiki points.
Then why would my Comic Vine edits still be pending? They were two new issues and four new volumes (nobody's been adding the UK's Marvel Collectors Editions!) If they'd gone straight through without moderation, I'd have said that you're right.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,236 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@digifiend: But was that before live edits started working here? Any submissions pending before you get live access will still be pending, but any new edits you make should be live.
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@digifiend said:

" Then why would my Comic Vine edits still be pending? They were two new issues and four new volumes (nobody's been adding the UK's Marvel Collectors Editions!) If they'd gone straight through without moderation, I'd have said that you're right. "

A few things: 
  1. If CV is anything like AV, adding volumes to a comic is an extremely broken system.  Jank happening around that might just be jank and not a sign of an issue with your editing privileges.
  2. Are these edits or new articles?  Edits are insta-approved when you hit 1,000.  New articles have to be approved by a mod until you reach either 3,000 or 5,000.
  3. Did you make these still pending edits before or after you hit 1,000?  If it's from before, then I think they'd still be in the queue.
They were new volumes and issues, so that explains it. They've been approved now. And thanks to other edits I've made in the last couple of days (including a large bounty claim on Screened) I now have 3866 points. I'll soon be free of those queues for good. :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel