Anime Guide Tools Not Apearing

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on June 25, 2010. Last post by FoxxFireArt 4 years ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Answer these questions:

1. What browser are you using?

Firefox 3

2. What Operating System are you using?

Windows VISTA

3. What is the exact link to the page you are having a problem with?

http://www.animevice.com/landing-to-get-to-fishman-island-the-shabondy-archipelago/12-119964/

4. Details, details, details. Explain it in details

I was noticing as I was creating screenshots to add to episodes of One Piece. Any anime episode that doesn't have a picture dedicated to that particular episode has the guides disappear completely. It isn't just the page I linked above. It's all the anime pages, but if there is an image to the page. The guides are there. If I was to add a picture to an episode. The guide would return to the page in full.

I added a picture to show what I'm talking about. The top image is of the page I linked to above. Notice where there is normally the options to toggle through "Previous Episode" "Next Episode", or "See all episodes" should be is completely blank, but in the image below that one. On a page that does have a picture. The guides are still present.

Without and With pictures.
 Without and With pictures.
Sorry, that I keep adding to your troubles. I hope my description is adequate.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
This is intended.  This way people know that the episode could use an image.   The way we had it before, there was always an image there so people didn't know that a specific one for that episode was needed.
Online Now
@ethan: 
That makes sense. 

It just makes navigating the episodes a pain while I'm trying to edit them. If I want to go one episode forward to backward. I have to go back to the entire episode list and slide all the way down near the bottom. Sometimes I need to go back an episode to check out some information.
It's not a terrible annoyance. It's a little irritating.

I'm currently going through the One Piece episodes to try and add pictures. It should be fine once I'm done with this side project. I'm trying to catch up to the latest episodes so I can keep the site up to date almost as soon as the episodes are out.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Oh I see what you mean.... it's the next and previous links are gone!   I'll add them back in.   Image part will stay the same though.
Online Now
@ethan: 
That's what I was speaking of. I think it's a wise idea for the picture section to be blank. It better hammers home the point that an episode needs a picture.

It's more of a minor inconvenience about the "next" and "previous" navigator being missing.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel