AV MOD MATERIAL: Weekly BLEACH - Chapters #508 & #509

Topic started by No_name_here on Sept. 26, 2012. Last post by zaldar 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Bleach #508 - Like a Raging Fire | Bleach #509 - Tenchi Kaijin

Took the words right out of my mouth
Took the words right out of my mouth

In a Nutshell

In keeping with the tradition that a Bankai should be somewhat related to its Shikai form, the Captain Commander reveals that he can create zombies... fire zombies of dead Quincies. In addition, he one shots Juha, who leaves a cryptic message before his death.

High Points

• Holy flaming quincy zombies, Batman.
  • This is the last time I'm going to always point out that Bleach looks cool.

Low Points

• Nonsense Bankai.

Rants and Raves

Both Bleach and Naruto always amaze me in their ability to make genocide seem like it's not really anything serious. In Naruto, they tell one of the main characters that he should just get over the fact that his race was slaughtered, that the village never made any real attempt at catching the criminals, the criminal came back to chaos more chaos and they still wouldn't do much to try and apprehend him, and *spoiler alert* that the village ordered it... because an oppressed and discriminated against people dared to strike back against the oppressor. In Bleach, the Quincy were annihilated due to killing Hollows. Allegedly, some balance of Hollows must be maintained, which is an odd rule considering that not once in the history of Bleach has a Shinigami not immediately tried to murder any Hollow they came across. Apparently, the balance only applies to Hollows that they don't come across. Anyways, back to these chapters and how they relate to genocide. I found the Captain Commander's words that he's the one the really suffers, not Juha amusing when you take into account that he ordered genocide then rose a zombie army of genocided Quincy to attack the few that escaped slaughter.

Grade

B+. These two chapters were interesting. The added cruelty of the Captain Commander's Quincy Zombies was added another check box in the why I love to hate the Captain Commander column and I'm interested in seeing where things go from here.

William Taylor holds Bleach deeply in his heart, but when he thinks about it, it makes him want to fart. Unlock the mystery on Twitter @mrsickvisionz.

Post by tximinoman (54 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I'm loving this fight, even if we all know (and now it's quite confirmed what it will be) there's going to be a twist that makes this quincy guy beat the captain commander it's being a prety good fight so far. Mutenroshi's bankai's quite badass, and the dead quincy touch just aded more badassery to it.

Now two things about your review. First, maybe I'm wrong but the difference between a quincy killing a hollow and a shinigami killing a hollow it's that when shinigami kills them they go back to soul society (and that brings the question, if espadas are hollows... can they end up being shinigamis? -after a shinigami kills them and all that). So Shinigamis are not "killing" hollows, it's more a "saving" thing. Quincys on the other hand just make them dissapear. Of course i have nothing to say about the Quincy genocide, that was pretty fucked up.

And second, in Naruto when they killed the Uchiha was because the Uchiha were planing to take the power by force, and also when they talk about Konohas elders (every single guy that is over the Hokage) they put them as bad guys (look Danzou for example) and not as people that must be follow. In fact almost all the series was about how Naruto's ninja path will turn upside down the Ninja World, not only by bringing peace, but by breaking the old rules (those rules that put ninjas like just weapons)

sorry for my bad english, I've tried my best :)

Post by Lurkero (415 posts) See mini bio Level 7

It seems like Kubo is very unmotivated during this new saga of Bleach. Characters seem to be doing stuff but there is so little intensity or drama to it. Commander just killed him with one hit after summoning an army...why?

In Naruto the Uchiha were planning to take over by force, and considering the ridiculous abilities of their shiringan power, they could do it.

In Bleach it never made sense to me why Quincy "killed" Hollows and Shinigami "released" Hollows. I don't remember Kubo giving a good explanation for why they are different other than the fact that they are different. The genocide part is messed up in Bleach no matter how you look at it.

Post by Toxin45 (337 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Yamamomoto killed a double guys

Post by jj_jackson (119 posts) See mini bio Level 6

i'm guessing this is all a ploy to get yama ji to release his bankai. he just said himself that juha bach couldn't steal it because he didnt know its power. well now for no good reason he shows everything about his bankai north,south, east and west abilities. so from the fake juha bachs last words im guessing the real one will be stealing his bankai soon. just a theory. btw i wonder whos side uryuu will be on hmm

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,378 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm so bored, wake me if something interesting happen

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,423 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@jj_jackson: id say thats going to be a very accurate theory, i already played it out in my head. whats worse is that if bach has yama ji's bankai... ichigo is SCREWED!

Post by Acura_Max (2,404 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It would have looked cooler if the Captain Commander just walked away and let the zombies take care of Juha. It might have sounded like this.

After summoning his zombies, the Captain Commander walks away from the battle.
Juha: Where are you going coward?!
Captain Commander: I don't fight weaklings without swords. Besides, you were cruel to your subordinates in their life, now they will take your life in their death.
Juha kills a couple zombies but is eventually swarmed by the massive amounts of zombie and is killed.
Post by jj_jackson (119 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Jinbeifan1: lol IKR ichigos strong but..this is raisning the bar a bit for him.

Post by zaldar (1,295 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Now two things about your review. First, maybe I'm wrong but the difference between a quincy killing a hollow and a shinigami killing a hollow it's that when shinigami kills them they go back to soul society (and that brings the question, if espadas are hollows... can they end up being shinigamis? -after a shinigami kills them and all that). So Shinigamis are not "killing" hollows, it's more a "saving" thing. Quincys on the other hand just make them dissapear.

I have only seen random episodes of the anime but this was my understanding to. I think in a couple earlier episodes after they killed a hollow they did some other move afterward to send the human spirit that became the hollow to the soul society.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel