BLEACH to Enter the Final Arc

Topic started by Guest_Author on Feb. 7, 2012. Last post by WiqidBritt 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Guest_Author (0 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Staff

It was in August of 2001 that Tite Kubo's BLEACH first began publication in the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The sword-swinging franchise later spanned into an anime, four films, and various video games. Some readers may have been curious why the past few weeks have gone without any new chapters. Well, the tenth issue of Weekly Jump finally has some answers. Kubo has announced that his creation will be entering it's final arc.

BLEACH finale preview
BLEACH finale preview

While there is no word given on how long this final arc will be lasting. We really do have to wonder who the next villain will be. It's hard to imagine they could create a more broken character than Aizen forIchigo to overcome. He really had been the only serious antagonist the series ever had.

As I've been reading various accounts of this dramatic news. I haven't seen anyone discussing how this will also be the end of the great Shonen Trilogy (One Piece, Naruto, and BLEACH), as we know it.Shonen Jump does have tons of new series each week, but I'm just not aware of anything that could fill that gap of crazy action BLEACH is famous for. There is some irony in how BLEACH was the last of the trilogy to begin, and it's the first to come to a close.

The only thing that has me a bit worried is that while Kubo is great at his action sequences. He tends to lack in his epilogue. -- What ever happened to Nel Tu? Are you sad to hear about this finale, or are you like many others who felt BLEACH could have ended before the Fullbring Arc?

Source: ANN

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by Hameyadea (41 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Kinda hard to digest, for some.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

this...is shocking. although, there has been a notable decline in the portayal of the story in the past few years, from what I fear is a relapse of the issues that affected zombie powder.... and what I heard was that kubo said he had 9 years left of story for bleach to use... well, this arc better be long. and good. really good.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,210 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

Honestly, I'm pretty much ignoring this announcement. It's not even specified what Kubo's classing as an "arc" here. Not long ago he said Bleach could go on for another 10 years and he had lots planned, now he's saying it's entering it's final arc.

I think Kubo probably considers everything up until Aizen's defeat part of the "Aizen arc" in which case this announcement was pointless.

In fact, this whole thing is probably a publicity stunt to get more people reading Bleach again.

This has been discussed to death though. I'd much rather talk about what I want to see before Bleach ends. Personally I want to see:

  • All the Bankais that haven't been revealed yet
  • What happened to characters like Neliel, Grimmjow and the Visored
  • Everything about Ichigo's dad (was he a captain? what happened exactly?)
  • Ichigo and Rukia get together (come on already!)

I'm probably forgetting a ton of stuff, but that's what comes to mind right now.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

i hope he ends it right. Kubo didn't properly end Zombie Powder which was disappointing. Hopefully it reveals the origin of Ichigo since it was hinted as some mysterious origin.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,210 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@buhssuht said:

i hope he ends it right. Kubo didn't properly end Zombie Powder which was disappointing. Hopefully it reveals the origin of Ichigo since it was hinted as some mysterious origin.

Eh? Ichigo is the son of a shinigami and a human, making him half-shinigami. What else do you need?

His dad's origin, sure. But I don't see what else there is to know about Ichigo's past.

Post by zaldar (1,253 posts) See mini bio Level 15

It should have ended with the death of aizen.

Post by endaround (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newten said:

Honestly, I'm pretty much ignoring this announcement. It's not even specified what Kubo's classing as an "arc" here. Not long ago he said Bleach could go on for another 10 years and he had lots planned, now he's saying it's entering it's final arc.

I think Kubo probably considers everything up until Aizen's defeat part of the "Aizen arc" in which case this announcement was pointless.

In fact, this whole thing is probably a publicity stunt to get more people reading Bleach again.

This has been discussed to death though. I'd much rather talk about what I want to see before Bleach ends. Personally I want to see:

  • All the Bankais that haven't been revealed yet
  • What happened to characters like Neliel, Grimmjow and the Visored
  • Everything about Ichigo's dad (was he a captain? what happened exactly?)
  • Ichigo and Rukia get together (come on already!)

I'm probably forgetting a ton of stuff, but that's what comes to mind right now.

I've fallen off again, have they even revealed all the zanpakuto's yet?

I think there has to be a story dealing with Ichigo's and Uryuu's father and perhaps Ichigo's mother that really needs to be told.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Newten said:

@buhssuht said:

i hope he ends it right. Kubo didn't properly end Zombie Powder which was disappointing. Hopefully it reveals the origin of Ichigo since it was hinted as some mysterious origin.

Eh? Ichigo is the son of a shinigami and a human, making him half-shinigami. What else do you need?

His dad's origin, sure. But I don't see what else there is to know about Ichigo's past.

Maybe I'm overthinking about his origin thingy, so if it's possible somebody verify this. Remember the part where Aizen and Ichigo was talking each other and Aizen told Ichigo that he's been observing Ichigo ever since he was born? And then when he was about to continue the conversion it was interrupted by Ichigo's dad. Maybe I'm remembering that part wrong, if so please correct me.

And I also completely agree with things you have listed.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,210 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@endaround: You mean their shikais? ...not sure. None come to mind. But I know several captains haven't shown their bankais yet.

@buhssuht: Oh dude, you're right, Aizen did say something about watching Ichigo ever since he was born. I can't remember if he was implying that he'd manipulated Ichigo in any way or not, or if Ichigo had been part of his master plan, or if he'd simply taken an interest in him and that's all there was to it.

Of course, Aizen was never killed, just locked away. He could come back.

Post by endaround (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Newten: Last I read was a few months or so after the time skip, but at that point little had been done explaining the abilities at all of Chojiro (but at least you actually have seen his zanpakuto), Isane, Kiyone, Nanao, Nemu, Yachiru and Sentaro though Kiyone and Sentaro may just be comic characters anyway. And of course Yourichi. They have had vague allusions to Tetsuzaemon if I remember but nothing solid there either.

Add in all the other stuff and yes there is a huge story to tell. I wish they would tell that instead of having huge splash page fights every issue. If there has to be break again to get some story and editing done so be it.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator

Well, the manga was never any good imo and only served as something for people who are gluttons for spoilers to the anime. I can't say I'll miss it. I just hope they keep the anime and the movies going. Kubo is the worst person at telling stories in the Bleach universe but it'd be a shame if all of the anime/movie people who are actually good at it don't get to work on it anymore because of him.

@Newten: Some of the questions about side characters got tied up in an artbook that was released in Japan.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@zaldar said:

It should have ended with the death of aizen.

It still could.

@sickVisionz said:

Well, the manga was never any good imo and only served as something for people who are gluttons for spoilers to the anime. I can't say I'll miss it. I just hope they keep the anime and the movies going. Kubo is the worst person at telling stories in the Bleach universe but it'd be a shame if all of the anime/movie people who are actually good at it don't get to work on it anymore because of him.

@Newten: Some of the questions about side characters got tied up in an artbook that was released in Japan.

The manga was for people who couldn't stand only having 13 minutes of new, poorly animated content each week.

Post by sergio (84 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Who would be the villain in this final ARC of Bleach it would be intresting to know that.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator

@AgentJ said:

The manga was for people who couldn't stand only having 13 minutes of new, poorly animated content each week.

More reasons why Kubo shouldn't touch it. The manga story line is crummy in the manga and the animators scoff at the idea of making canon fights not look like crap. Filler and movies is Bleach at it's best. Anything involving Kubo is kinda Bleach at its worst.

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@sickVisionz said:

@AgentJ said:

The manga was for people who couldn't stand only having 13 minutes of new, poorly animated content each week.

More reasons why Kubo shouldn't touch it. The manga story line is crummy in the manga and the animators scoff at the idea of making canon fights not look like crap. Filler and movies is Bleach at it's best. Anything involving Kubo is kinda Bleach at its worst.

So glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this. Without Kubo's shitty combat panels limiting their actions, the animators do have a lot more freedom in making the fights look half decent.

And why even bother speculating? It's almost guaranteed that the spirit king will be the final adversary.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,210 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@sickVisionz said:

@AgentJ said:

The manga was for people who couldn't stand only having 13 minutes of new, poorly animated content each week.

More reasons why Kubo shouldn't touch it. The manga story line is crummy in the manga and the animators scoff at the idea of making canon fights not look like crap. Filler and movies is Bleach at it's best. Anything involving Kubo is kinda Bleach at its worst.

I wouldn't say anything involving Kubo is bad, he did actually come up with the characters, their personalities, the world, etc. in the first place. The guys who write the filler just do a great job when they need to fill a gap.

And I'm sorry, but Bleach at it's worst is the Bount arc, which is a filler arc. That shit was terrible, people told me to skip it when I got that far in Bleach and I kinda wish I'd listened.

Fade to Black is fantastic, no doubt, and I love most of the filler. Particularly the Zanpakuto arc, but my fondest Bleach memories are from early in the series; with Ichigo getting stronger as he fought his way through the Soul Society to save Rukia. That was all Kubo.

I will say this though, I'm getting far more enjoyment out of the anime than I was out of the manga (after reading the manga for a while I made the switch back a few months ago). That may just be an anime over manga preference for the most part, but I'm actually finding the story interesting and exciting in anime form, in the manga I was on the verge of dropping the series. I think it has a lot to do with pacing and atmosphere.

Post by Neurotic (41 posts) See mini bio Level 6

It's about damn time, although I agree with everyone who said that 'final arc' could still mean another couple of years. I guess I'll wait for the thing to finish and then read it all in one go. Bleach was the series that got me into anime properly, I owe it a farewell at least, even if I have moved on from it.

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Three things i want more than anything else out of this arc:

1. Hell, I want Hell to be involved somehow

2. I want to find out about Isshin's past and how he ended up with Masaki

3. I want to find out what happened with Grimmjow and Nel

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hopefully this final arc is going to be a long one and better than that crap that was the Fullbring arc. I came into that halfway the other half I read the reviews for them on this site. I would have been better off sticking with the reviews.

Personally I would agree with most that I would like to see the bankais that have not been revealed yes mostly Ukitake and Kyoraku because the idea of those two bankais sound interesting based on their respective shikais

I actually think that Ukitake will be the next villain in the final arc based off what Gingo told Ichigo during their battle.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel