Binbogami Ga! anime Discussion

Topic started by takashichea on July 16, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,899 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome to the Binbogami ga! anime discussion! For those who are new to the series, here is a trailer and a synopsis by DocHaus.

Sakura Ichiko is an incredibly smart, athletic, wealthy, beautiful and otherwise talented high school girl, so much that the Japanese kami are concerned. Apparently, the reason Ichiko is so talented and lucky is because she unknowingly sucks out the "happiness energy" of everyone around her, giving herself extra luck at the expense of others. Momiji, the Japanese god of poverty and misfortune, is sent to suck out some of this energy in order to restore the balance of karma in the world, but not even Momiji's god status can save her from Ichiko's abundance of luck as she becomes thwarted time and time again.

It's a whacky show that makes parodies of other anime and manga series with tons of fan service. It's a fun series if you're into fan service and bizarre humor with parodies. The two main characters, Sakura and Momiji, are great because they complement each other by personality, motives, and measurements. :)

Please enjoy the discussion.

If y'all have free time, we always welcome help on the wiki pages. Sonata, DocHaus, and Daniel are a great team, and they don't bite. I'm going to join them and add info since I fell in love with the anime.

Other Anime Discussion Threads

We have several anime discussion threads for the new and upcoming summer anime series. So far, Hagure Yusha no Estetica, Sword Art Online and Tari Tari are open. Please check them out. If there's a favorite summer anime that we don't have, start one up!

Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Been waiting for this!!XD 

More later!!XD

@Sonata:

I was trying to upload GIFs, but my URL image loader is slow.

Awesome GIFs Sonata! Sorry for the wait, I didn't mean it.

Bobby is hilarious, and I love Momiji who is so random and has a weird split personality.

@takashichea:  I may use the closet one for my profile page its gold. I love Momiji and series as whole can't wait for the next episode. 

@Sonata:

I finally got it! Does it work for you?

@takashichea: It works and its beautiful:)

@Sonata:

Sweet! I can't wait either. This show reminds me of Gintama except with more fan service than disservice.

Edit:

I had to improvise by copying and pasting. I thought adding a URL of the website would work.

@takashichea: I wonder how many more parodies are we going to see. I look through some scan of the manga and caught a Fist of the North Star parody lol. 

Medaka Kurokami Parody, a Funny scene of Momiji summons and an art parody. Binbougami Ga! Panty & Stocking style lol

@Sonata:

Me, too. I guess about 6 parodies per episode. I haven't read the manga yet, and I didn't even catch that Panty and Stocking one. All I got was Doraemon, DBZ, and Rosario Vampire.

@takashichea: The Panty and Stocking one is fan art I found. Though it still looks coolXD

@Sonata:

I can't believe I fell for that.

In addition, I love the opening and ending theme songs. The singer in the ending song has a sexy voice. I swear she purred at one point. It was one of favorite theme songs this summer besides Humanity Has Declined's opening song.

@takashichea: Agree both theme are great 

Also I like the Nadeshiko Ga! parts where she finds herself in the episode. 

I'm going to try and start looking for in the next episode, as fun mini game:P
 I'm going to try and start looking for in the next episode, as fun mini game:P
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,195 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This anime looks nuts, definitely need to check it out.

@Daniel_Newton
 You should its a slam dunk!XD
 You should its a slam dunk!XD
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea: Never seen it, but Takashichea you know my tastes well, hell you've read more of my reviews then I have, simple yes no, would I like this?

Post by Homer_Slobotnick (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Elfenlied1012: I'm currently watching this show with Skippy right now, an I think its pretty effin funny. I know you usually hate comedy, but I think you'll probably like this one, especially if you like animes that riff on other animes.

@Elfenlied1012:

Yeah, it's what your friend Homer said. It's basically a comedy anime that makes fun of other anime, has a boatload of fan service, and it's a fight between two opposites who are a bit bitchy. Though, I have a gut instinct that they become friends in the end.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea: You think id get into it?

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
It's got the (other) director of Gintama's anime behind it. Despite my unfair attempts to hate it I'm finding this show fills the hole that Gintama left behind for now.
Post by Homer_Slobotnick (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@DocHaus: I've never heard about Gintama until this anime. Apparently this show vs. Gintama is a big point of contention for a lot of people on the /a/ board. Mind telling me what that's about?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel