Welcome to the Beelzebub biweekly report! I'm Taka, a member of Team Beelzebub (wiki editors). The last two episodes of Beelzebub were fillers, and episodes 54 and 55 are fillers as well. The anime has been catching up to the manga, so expect some delay when Beelzebub anime gets back into the main storyline. Let's see if these filler episodes are great or trash.
*I apologize for the late reports. My teammates and I are busy at school. In my case, I have working on the wiki pages for Beelzebub, Sket Dance, Sket Dance Wikia, and Rave Master Wikia.
Ep. 54: Black Baby Beel Grows Up - "Burakku Berubō, sodachimashita" (黒ベル坊、育ちました)
Himekawa kidnaps Black Baby Beel because he resembles the black statue that brought his family great wealth. Oga, Zenjuro, and the gang search for Black Beel. Somehow, Black Baby Beel becomes gigantic. Will Oga and the gang stop him?
Ep. 55: I Have Lost My Pompadour. The Great Demon Lord Has Come
First Story: Himekawa comes to school with his hair down due to running out of hair gel. A group of Techmo punks arrive to take down Himekawa whose strength is halved due to having no pompadour. Will Himekawa make it during his bad hair day?
Second Story: The Great Demon Lord visit Oga's house; while Hilda prepares a welcoming ritual for him, Oga's father spends the day entertaining the demon king. Will Hilda and Oga's father please the Great Demon Lord.
Beware of Spoilers!
- 54: Zenjuro got himself in trouble with losing Black Baby Beel. Somehow, he confuses his co worker, and she accepts his "proposal" of marriage to her.
- Himekawa's story is really hilarious. He wows the girls into falling in love with him.
- When Himekawa got his pompadour back with Kanzaki's help, he has this awesome move that has his stun baton attached to his pompadour. He fires his thunderbolt like a cannon.
- Hilda's scene: She compliments Furuichi who thinks Hilda likes him. However, she is only complimenting for being a good feed for a demon. Poor Furuichi.
- In episode 54, Black Baby Beel and Beel's fight is not that entertaining. I expected more action. Instead, the two babies cry, and they do a bit of wrestling.
- Alaindelon just messes up the mood.
- Like Kanzaki, Himekawa has a crazy conditional rule about his power. Himekawa's strength is halved when his hair down. Compared to Kanzaki, he gets stronger if someone pulls his chain.
- Oga's father is pretty lucky even though he wants the Demon Lord to have a better time than him.
- Interestingly, the Demon Lord is pretty mellow in this episode.
- Let's not forget Furuichi and Alaindelon's strange scenes. It is the most bizarre thing in Beelzebub.
Overall, these filler episodes are funny. Episode 55 is better than 54 because it had more action and funnier scenes. The worse filler so far is 52 where the Delinquents get attacked by Komainu.
Question: What are your favorite filler episodes and what is the most terrible one in Beelzebub?
Picture of the Week
I created the Pompadour page because I realized it was common in anime with the crazy anime hair and afro page. I dedicated this image to that concept.
Thank you, everyone, for reading my team's report. I thank my teammates for doing a great job in the community.
This Week's Weekly Blogs
Special News: Fairy Tail 3rd OVA by Taka and FoxxFireArt's Community Spotlight
Last Week's Weekly Blogs
Team Beelzebub and Team W.I.K.I. Nation