Zoro vs Ichigo

Topic started by JonSmith on Dec. 23, 2011. Last post by acarter 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Okay, so I searched this a couple different ways and only found a Naruto fanboy saying Sasuke could slam Vegeta, so I'm going to make this thread and see what happens.

Post Time-Skip Roronoa Zoro

VS

Pre-Vizard Ichigo Kurosaki

Yes, he gets Getsuga Tensho, Bankai, the works, no he doesn't have to worry about Hollow Ichigo messing with his head or intruding on the battle.

Neither of them get any prep, they just meet up and want to kill each other. If there's anything I'm missing, let me know. It's my first battle thread, so I'm kind of playing this by ear.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,613 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I dont have enough info about Zoro strenght post time skip too make a judgement

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I think Ichigo would win this. Recently, the mere release of his bankai was enough to casually shatter something even three captain level soul reapers couldnt break. Also Ichigo is probably faster than zoro and his durability is impressive as well as shown in his fights with people such as grimmjow. In addition to that, Ichigos attacks should be able to put zoro down for good if he is able to land a getsuga tensho on his opponent

@Haofan123: Ichigo doesn't have that level of power, this is pre-Vizard Ichigo. At the level he was when he fought Byakuya. Did I not make that clear enough? My bad. I thought that at the new post-Fullbring level he'd just slam Zoro, so I pulled him down a few notches for the match to hopefully make it more even. And I think that with Zoro's new powers, such as with his new Tatsu Maki, his attacks should put him at a fairly even level with Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho. I really have no clue as to who'd be the winner. Which would be the point of making this thread.

Post by Dr_Ventum (162 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@JonSmith: Can Zoro even see Ichigo in a fight? Isn't he invisible to humans in combat?

@Dr_Ventum: I think it's fair to say he can see spirits. At least for the sake of the battle.

Post by Dr_Ventum (162 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@JonSmith: Alright. Then I'd say he should win given what I know about him(which isn't much...)

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm going to have to go with Ichigo, he seems to fast for Zoro as seen when he casually blitz Byakuya's bankai and was tip toeing Senbazuaraka (or whatever you call it).
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@JonSmith: sorry, my bad, didnt see that there. I guess id still go with ichigo. He was deflecting all of byakuyas senbonzakura blades and blitzing him as well. I think Ichigo would still take this due to his speed advantage unless zoro gets new feats to say otherwise

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Ichigo in virtually any incarnation could take out Zoro except his human, sealed, and possibly Shikai levels. ichigo is faster and has better energy projection, plus flight. Zoro's only advantage is strength, and that's arguable as a weaker Ichigo could trade blows with Zaraki equally. However it is true that current Zoro is almost featless and could be boundaries stronger than before, but that probably wouldn't make up for the speed and mobility difference between them.
Post by SilverSavage (270 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Zoro wins with little to no difficulty.

Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9

post-skip zoro is too much for this version of ichigo. zoro outclasses him in destructive capacity, durability, and strength but their speed should be around the same. only advantage ichigo has is flight which wouldn't matter. a better match would of been pre skip zoro.

I really haven't seen anything from Zoro to indicate any of what you said. Speed around the same? This version of Ichigo could blitz Byakuya who at one fifth of his power blitzes a weaker version of Ichigo to the point that he couldn't even tell that he moved. Zoro's best feat is dodging a bullet point blank which is good but doesnt compare. In terms of destruction, Ichigo's getsuga is stronger than the current bone cannon. Strength I can understand though.
Post by sinxism (348 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Zoro woulndt be able to tag ichigo imo, ichigo is so fast that he can do multiple after image. and he stated that he can do alittle faster.

not sure if zoro's reaction is good enough for that speed.

@taichokage:

Zoro should be the same if not better seeing that he was able to dodge Kuma's pad cannons (air repelled at light speed that can penetrate just about anything) ( not saying Zoro is light speed but hypersonic if not a little more.) also him blitzing a Pacifista before it could shoot it's lazers.

@taichokage:

i don't see how blitzing byakuya makes ichigo faster. "weaker ichigo" had no speed feats whatsoever, so byakuya blitzing him is not really anything impressive, a faster than the eye feat at best. zoro could react to bullets during the whisky peak arc 500 chapters ago and was able to intercept multiple cannon balls during the water 7 arc. and for destruction zoro overpowered kaku's amane dachi which slice the whole judicial tower in half and thats in the cp9 arc. with that said that this ichigo really doesn't have a chance here.

@SilverSavage: @YouFinished: Kuma's pad cannon's were never stated to be lightspeed as far as I know. He doesn't just repel things at light speed even though he is capable of doing so. He repel's anything he wants including impacts and even pain itself. His pad cannons are hardly light speed. He merely repels air. If it were at light speed, only Kizaru would have the necessary speed to evade it. I might also add that Ichigo matched Zaraki's blows and the latter also easily slices through whole towers with a single wave of his sword, and without the need for a special technique like Kaku. And this was before bankai was even achieved. Ichigo has more than just a chance, he has the advantage.

@taichokage: Kuma's pad cannons were never stated to light speed? He explained it him self in the scan I posted "This is called the pad cannon. Air is repelled at light speed, creating a shock wave that penetrates anything." at that moment he explained how the pad cannon works, not how fast he repels everything. That specific technique is repelled at light speed but the movement speed is at least hypersonic. Once agian not saying Zoro is Light speed but this is one of his hypersonic feats.

Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I say Zoro, he should be storng enough to chop Ichigo into pieces without much effort, and he is tough enough to tank most attacks pre-vizard Ichigo can do.
@taichokage:  
  the tower zaraki cut was building+ level in size and the judicial  tower was  at least  multi city block in size. not to mention the amane dachi kaku used was a mere  demonstration and a serious one was turned to mist by zoro. 

judical tower (to left on first panel) town/city to the right
judical tower (to left on first panel) town/city to the right

kaku slicing the judicial tower: 

zoro overpowering kaku's amane dachi: 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel