Zentraedi Fleet vs Imperial Star wars Fleet

Topic started by Ryokan on Nov. 26, 2009. Last post by Thunder_Bucket2000 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Hello boys and girls ! It's been a while !  
 
I've just this battle growing on my mind : The Zentraedi army (from the first macross/robotech saga) against the Imperial Battle fleet. 

Here is some fact for feeding the reflection : The Zentraedi are a giant humanoïde Race, they're battle pod can easily battle with Imperial strider, but they can fly, jump and are more faster than the Imperial Strider.
 
The Zentraedi Fleet are numered around 4,8 MILLIONS SHIP. And even s the best unit (the 8TH fleet) was missing, they'd be able to reduce the earth t a desert planet.
 
From what I found out, the imperial fleet is around MILLIONS of ship too.  But I've not exact numbers. The'yre most badass unit, the super-destroyer are up to dwarf the flagship of the zentraedi by size. (19 KM for the superdestroyer, Only 6KM for the flagships.) but number only to Twenty-five. 
 
The average zentraedi batlleship is the same size than the Star-Destroyer class imperial Battle ship. (1,5 KM) 
  
The imperial ship had screen deflective shield, but I'm not sure how this will be useful against the Weapon brought by the Zentraedi...
  
The Death star can blow up a planet, but only one battleship at time, it seems.  But gots endless TIE fighter.
 
 What If the SDF macross is allowed in the fight ? (This one can blow up several Battle ship in only one shoot.)
 
No force user, and no song are allowed in the fight. (If yes, I'm pretty sure Vador or Sidious can handle the fight, thought seeing Vador beginning to sing is givin'me some cold chills in the back...:) )

Who goes for the win ?  
 
 
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Zentraedi. Perhaps if they mobilise everything they've got(and the Imperials do likewise). They have as many battleships as the Imperials Tie Fighters.:p
Rule of mayority...
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
i would say zentraedi though, they got this huge freakishly thing, which can destroy many many spaceship in one shot
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@cfatalis said:
" i would say zentraedi though, they got this huge freakishly thing, which can destroy many many spaceship in one shot "
like the deathstar? 
Anyway the imperial navy has about 30000 imperial star destroyers and about 10 Dreadnoughts ( the really big ones). with the rest of the millions of ships being either corvettes  Etc. 
does anyone know of the composition of the zentraedi fleet?
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Why fight when we could just listen to my song?

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@rein said:

" @cfatalis said:

" i would say zentraedi though, they got this huge freakishly thing, which can destroy many many spaceship in one shot "

like the deathstar?  Anyway the imperial navy has about 30000 imperial star destroyers and about 10 Dreadnoughts ( the really big ones). with the rest of the millions of ships being either corvettes  Etc.  does anyone know of the composition of the zentraedi fleet? "
you know they are mecha sized people right?, and their ship was designed to carry shitload of them 
 
they got two death star thingy, obviously bigger, which can destroy zentraedi fleets in one shot
 
they have been along for  497,500 years, and all that time they did war
 
a dreadnough is about the size of a zentraedi assault ship, yeah so in the fleet the position is an imperial star destroyer
 
one zentraedi spaceship is about 2000 meter in length , that's the smallest
 
the largest go around for say 5.6 km long and carry 2000 plane, huge plane
 
their command base is about 900 miles tall and had this huge laser cannon (supposedly another bigger one is in construction, finished in alternate universe/timeline)
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis said:
" @rein said:

" @cfatalis said:

" i would say zentraedi though, they got this huge freakishly thing, which can destroy many many spaceship in one shot "

like the deathstar?  Anyway the imperial navy has about 30000 imperial star destroyers and about 10 Dreadnoughts ( the really big ones). with the rest of the millions of ships being either corvettes  Etc.  does anyone know of the composition of the zentraedi fleet? "
you know they are mecha sized people right?, and their ship was designed to carry shitload of them   they got two death star thingy, obviously bigger, which can destroy zentraedi fleets in one shot they have been along for  497,500 years, and all that time they did war  a dreadnough is about the size of a zentraedi assault ship, yeah so in the fleet the position is an imperial star destroyer  one zentraedi spaceship is about 2000 meter in length , that's the smallest  the largest go around for say 5.6 km long and carry 2000 plane, huge plane their command base is about 900 miles tall and had this huge laser cannon (supposedly another bigger one is in construction, finished in alternate universe/timeline) "

Mmmh, The canon of the death star is tricky, as we see in Episode 6, the DS can destroy only one Mon Calamari battleship at the time. I don't know the exact composition of the Zentraedi Fleet, but I know for sure that it count in 4,8 millions battle ship. 
 
I've forgotten the sheer capacity of destruction of the mecha, especially the Queadlraunn Meltran one. The Meltran ace Millia could destroy two dozen of Tie Fighter easily in one shot...
 
 To me, the crucial question is : is the deflector screen of the Imperial Battlefleet can support the firepower of the Battle ship of the zentraedi ? In Robotech/Macross saga, the SDF-1 can whistand the fire power, but not for long and needed all his power to maintien the screen. 
 
In Macross II, all of the UN spacy space ship seems equipped with similar ship, but are getting blown anyway...
 
I think I would go with the Zentraedi...
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Ryokan said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @rein said:

" @cfatalis said:

" i would say zentraedi though, they got this huge freakishly thing, which can destroy many many spaceship in one shot "

like the deathstar?  Anyway the imperial navy has about 30000 imperial star destroyers and about 10 Dreadnoughts ( the really big ones). with the rest of the millions of ships being either corvettes  Etc.  does anyone know of the composition of the zentraedi fleet? "
you know they are mecha sized people right?, and their ship was designed to carry shitload of them   they got two death star thingy, obviously bigger, which can destroy zentraedi fleets in one shot they have been along for  497,500 years, and all that time they did war  a dreadnough is about the size of a zentraedi assault ship, yeah so in the fleet the position is an imperial star destroyer  one zentraedi spaceship is about 2000 meter in length , that's the smallest  the largest go around for say 5.6 km long and carry 2000 plane, huge plane their command base is about 900 miles tall and had this huge laser cannon (supposedly another bigger one is in construction, finished in alternate universe/timeline) "
Mmmh, The canon of the death star is tricky, as we see in Episode 6, the DS can destroy only one Mon Calamari battleship at the time. I don't know the exact composition of the Zentraedi Fleet, but I know for sure that it count in 4,8 millions battle ship.  I've forgotten the sheer capacity of destruction of the mecha, especially the Queadlraunn Meltran one. The Meltran ace Millia could destroy two dozen of Tie Fighter easily in one shot...  To me, the crucial question is : is the deflector screen of the Imperial Battlefleet can support the firepower of the Battle ship of the zentraedi ? In Robotech/Macross saga, the SDF-1 can whistand the fire power, but not for long and needed all his power to maintien the screen.  In Macross II, all of the UN spacy space ship seems equipped with similar ship, but are getting blown anyway... I think I would go with the Zentraedi... "
PinPoint barrier withstand couple of concentrated nuke(reflex warhead), so yeah........., and they still got the reflex cannon of the homebase, which defines WAVE MOTION GUN, in macross before losing to macross frontier's vajra queen, macross 2 is the zentraedi completing their reflex cannon, and making them portable , pinpoint barrier of the un spacy ship is way lower in ability if compared to a macross class, and the dictated way of destroying zentraedi warship is by raining more dakka of missile around it, reflex missile
Post by Thunder_Bucket2000 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1

The Zentraedi have numerical advantage right from the get-go.  In so far as the Super-Star Destroyer official star wars records say only three were constructed.  Further the organization of the Imperial fleet is broken down into sector fleets.  A sector fleet being flagged by Imperial II, I class Star destroyers and the Victory II and I class Star Destroyers- the total never exceeding 24 Star Destroyers total per sector fleet.   Each Sector fleet did have several thousand other vessels in its total but nothing to compare to the Star Destroyers.   Yes official sources set the number of Sector fleets at thousands.  However this number does not exceed ten-thousand.  This could mean, at the absolute maximum we're looking at 240,000 Star destroyers ranging from the latest the Imperial II class through to the oldest Victory I class star destroyers.  An impressive amount- true,  but what is that compared to the 10 million ship fleet of the Zentraedi armada?  Or the pre-terran fleet of 5.8 million? Or even the pre-defection fleet of 4.8 million, or even just the Imperial Fleet under Breetai numbering 1 million--5 times the number of Star Destroyers?  Keep in mind the Star Destroyer being the only ship in the Empire that has a realistic shot against even the Scout ship of the Zentraedi Fleet (With the exception of the Death Star, Torpedo Sphere, and Super Star Destroyer, all of which were produced in such low numbers as to not truely be significant in the sweeping scope of a space battle of this scale.  Further we are not counting the destructive power of Dolza's fortress--900 miles of aggressive negotiation power).    
     So the Zentraedi have it in raw numbers.  The Zentraedi also have the devistating power of the main weapon, the particle beam cannon--similar to the SDF-1 main gun, equiped on every ship but the Scout ship.  So say good bye to possibly hundreds of capital ships at a time with each blast, from each ship!  Yes the Death Star is the most powerful weapon in science fiction (mainstream movies, the Star Crusher introduced in the Jedi academy trilogy trumps it, but it's not mainstream movie cannon) it could be destroyed by a single shot from a Zentraedi Destroyers main weapon system.  
     Now the Zentraedi have numbers and fire superiority.  Now it comes down to the last question--the arena for battle.  Head to head the Empire would loose.  However if it were a war, one side expanding into the other then there would be a higher level of tactics involved.  This is where the Zentraedi are lacking.  Dolza had a very straight forward method to war: "Attack and don't let up until you win."  This would surely be exploited by Vader and certainly the Emporer and if we include the expanded Star Wars universe, Grand Admiral Thrawn.  With five Star Destroyers Grad Admiral Thrawn brought the New Republic to its knees and very likely would have won if not for his assassination at the hands of his body guard.  Give him a fleet of 240,000 Star Destroyers, the Death Star, and 10 million support ships and he could take the Zentraedi apart.  It would happen over the course of years, possibly decades, but the Zentraedi would loose--no question.  
     Any other circumstance and the Zentraedi would take it.   
     That's my two-cents.
Post by Thunder_Bucket2000 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1

On an add on note:  An Imperial class Star Destroyer carries 72 T.I.E. fighters, a complete wing, and the average Zentraedi Warship carried over 10,000 pods (fighter, light artillary, heavy artillary, and battle).  The Landing Ship carried almost 40,000 deployable units and there were hundreds of thousands of them.  The Death Star carried 7,200 T.I.E. fighters and it was unique, on second thought, okay we'll give the Empire two of them, but still, fighter to fighter it still goes to the Zentraedi.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Thunder_Bucket2000: you mean fighter to mecha sized powered armor?
Post by Thunder_Bucket2000 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Oddly enough Mecha for the most part are the same size as conventional fighters.  Dispite this being the case in raw numbers a Star Destroyer and even the Death Star carry only 72 and 7200 respectively.  TheThuverl Salan (Zentraedi Destroyer, which numbered in the millions) carried 16,230 officer, heavy artillary, light artillary, and battle pods (mecha) total, plus another 450 fighter pods and 1220 male power armor (mecha also).  That totals 17,900 deployable units for the most common capital ship of the Zentraedi armada.  Those numbers alone could overwelm a fleet of Imperial ships.  Also lets not forget that Robotech/Macross Mecha are far more durable than there Star Wars equivilents.   It would take 200 Star Destroyers to come close to those numbers, or 9 Death Stars.  Like a man swatting a hornets nest.  Yes a man can kill a wasp/bee/hornet, a dozen, even a hundred...but can he win against a thousand? Ten thousand? A hundred thousand? A million? And so on...With the Zentraedi it's victory by overwelming numbers.  "Attack and don't let up until you win." -Dolza.  That too is the Invid methodology.   
     In short yes.  Fighter to Mecha. 
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Thunder_Bucket2000: it's every macross enemy strategy except the one on macross plus
 
zergling rush
Post by Thunder_Bucket2000 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1

True, but in Macross Plus the enemy was human made, the Sharon A.I..   Also she had no plans for domination, only to win love.  Which is a running theme of the Macross animes.  War is only the setting.  The message is cultural enlightenment. 
     Also an amendment to an earlier post I wrote reguarding the Particle beam (main weapon) equiped throughout the Zentraedi Fleet.  In addition to the Salan Scout ship, the Quiltra Queleual (Landing Ship) did not have a main particle beam weapon either.
Post by Son_of_Manus (525 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Considering each Imperial Fleet has ships that can bust planets I will go with the Dark Side
Post by Thunder_Bucket2000 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Only the Death Star was capable of destroying a planet.  Only two were ever made.  The first Deathstar was 100km in diameter and the second 160km in diameter,  and the main particle beam weapon of Nupetiet Vernitzs (Flagship), Queadol Magdomilla (Command Ship), Thuvererl Salan (Destroyer) cut a path of destruction 1 mile wide and 100,000 miles long and could fire every 8 minutes.  Yes the 2 Death Stars are daunting but easily neutralized by a dozen warships.  One shot to through the core (center) would end the threat of the Death Star! 
     However, the STar Wars Imperial Navy is second to none when it comes to building super weapons, Death Stars and Star Crushers, for example.  Properly used and in a drawn out war the Empire could win against the Zentraedi with the right leadership, i.e. Grand Admiral Thrawn. 
     Head to head in a single all or nothing battle the Zentraedi have it. 
     Also, in a side note, the only Imperial fleet to have "Planet Busting" capability was under Grand Moff Tarkin who was commanding the first Over Sector Fleet.  It was comprised of 4 sector fleets and the first Death Star.  Never discount that a single X-Wing (Incom T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter) destroyed it.  Yes a very difficult shot but think on this...would the zentraedi hesitate one second to send a thousand fighter pods down that shaft in a suicide mission to see the Death Star destroyed? 
     ...This fight goes to the Zentraedi. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel