Z vs Bernkastel

Topic started by Dream on Sept. 22, 2013. Last post by KingOfAsh 8 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Dream (7,908 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Considering the rep I've heard regarding Umineko's abilities, figured I'd try this battle out with a man having one of anime's most broken defenses and one of Umineko's resident witches. Battle can be won via death or wiping your foe from existence. Who do you think would win?

Post by xlab3000 (1,402 posts) See mini bio Level 10

what are they're feats?

@xlab3000: Z is a cosmic being wielding the Light Hawk Wings, blades of cosmic energy that are capable of offensively and defensively converting anything that come into contact with them into nothing. The LHW can effectively wipe anything they strike out of existence as Z used them to casually wipe out a chunk of the Earth and the entire moon. They are so powerful, that a considerable level of cosmic energy of at least universal-level is needed to pierce them. Beyond that, he's capable of regeneration, traveling to parallel dimensions, has a very high level of superhuman attributes, can convert his body into light and is easily capable of FTL speeds. He was capable of flying from Earth to Saturn in a matter of seconds.

As for Bernkastel...

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Bernkastel

Post by Echelon9 (217 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Bern should win. Even a universal entity in Willard, when he tried to attack her, his efforts were said to be as futile as trying to hit the moon by slashing it's reflection on the surface of the water. Plus Z's durability is only universal, and that level of force is nothing to Bern. Also going against Z are the fact that his light hawk wings were bestowed upon him and they aren't his naturally, so exists a probable chance that the power of the wings could fail him. As long as that chance isn't zero she could exploit that and make it happen.

Post by xlab3000 (1,402 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Bern should win

Post by QPower (29 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I wonder how will Z handle Bernkastel's :

-Magic of Miracles: Bernkastel can change the outcome of any situation (to her or others) only if the probability of a different outcome is above 0%, even with a 0,00000000001% she can reset the situation, this to a universal scale. Although in the novel is never directly showed how she execute this magic, is implied that she did several times. For example the series of miracles that allowed Erika to survive, or the Kakera that contained Lion's universe

- Big Bangs and Big Crunchs: The creation and a destruction of a universe.

- Mysteries that pierces everything without mercy: Bernkastel creates multiple blue snake like energy, every one being a different mystery, from real mysteries or mysteries from novels from the past, present and future, she used this against Battler, who couldn't resolve all mysteries and thus died due to the attack. The snakes can fuse into a giant one, this attack is so powerful that it completely defeated EoS Battler with one shot, who previously tanked a universal attack.

- Army of Black cats, "Trash them kitties": Bernkastel is able to summon up to quadrillions and probably more of cats, every one stated to be able to easily defeat a witch like Beatrice.

- Leviathan that swallows everything without mercy: Her army of black cats can merge together into a giant Leviathan that eats the opponent, the true potential of this attack is unknown as Lambdadelta destroyed it with a black hole before it did something.

Post by GeneralVan (2,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Bern wins.

With Z it goes like this:

If you can produce an attack that is universe+ and you are faster than him, then you most likely win.

If you can't produce such an attack and/or are slower than him, unless you have multiversal durability, then you lose.

Bern fits the criteria of winning.

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Bern fucking rapes, this isn't even funny

Post by LHWKnight (2,757 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Bern wins way to hax

Post by Haiken (1,050 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Bern stomps here.. this is a universal vs multiversal.. Just a correction though for @Echelon9 The LHW is not given to him directly, it is from his life experiences and whatnots warped by Tokimi for him to produce his own LHW, so basically it is his LHW originally..

Post by taichokage (14,257 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Bernkastel should take this given her higher scope of power. It should be enough to bypass Z's level of LHWs.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now
@Dream: i know this is old, but can you just add pics please 
Post by GeneralVan (2,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Neither win. Itachi genjutsus both of them.
Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Berny wins, and to be honest I am kind of skeptical of Z or Tenchi being able to tank a universe-buster when A) all they have to support that is a claim from Tokomi and B) she says world which is vague (and would really imply planet-busting all things considered).

Also, just going to post that even Bern's "cats" can throw around big bangs and big crunches by the handful so the Light Hawk Wings are going to eventually break anyway even if they are that tough.

3:56~4:50

Specifically, at 4:35: "The many spectacular spells displayed the beginning of a universe, the creation of planets, then their destruction and the universe's end, all in an instant."

@FalconC2: A "world" from a philosophical standpoint would also mean a universe and a number of sci-fi/ fantasy based fictions are known to refer to other dimensions or universes as "parallel worlds". The universal-level durability claim with 2 LHW appears to come from when the mecha Zinv from Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure capable of surviving the destruction of a parallel universe when he had two LHW and fused two of them together to create a third universe.

Also, from the re-make (it's also in the original IIRC).

17:25~18:18, creating and destroying universes in-between them during their fight

25:48~26:56, Lambda trolling Berny with a cookie that exploded inside her stomach transforming into a small universe, Bern survives that just fine

@Dream said:

@FalconC2: A "world" from a philosophical standpoint would also mean a universe and a number of sci-fi/ fantasy based fictions are known to refer to other dimensions or universes as "parallel worlds". The universal-level durability claim with 2 LHW appears to come from when the mecha Zinv from Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure capable of surviving the destruction of a parallel universe when he had two LHW and fused two of them together to create a third universe.

If that's the case then okay then. Though, I would kind of like to see that scene with Zinv. I haven't personally watched it.

@FalconC2: Here's a video of episode 13 of Dual Parallel:

While battling the mecha Himiko, the limiter on Zinv is released allowing it to manifest LHW and easily defeat the mecha. Afterward, it is used to prevent the destruction of both parallel worlds within the series by fusing them into a third universe, which was assumed to be Zinv sacrificing itself. However...

The mecha restored itself in the new universe created, as seen in the final minutes of this final episode to the series (sorry for the Spanish dub, but this was the only copy of the scene I could find via Youtube.) It's implied that Zinv's pilot, Kazuki, would use the mecha to explore the universe, hinting to it having FTL speed.

@Dream said:

@FalconC2: Here's a video of episode 13 of Dual Parallel:

While battling the mecha Himiko, the limiter on Zinv is released allowing it to manifest LHW and easily defeat the mecha. Afterward, it is used to prevent the destruction of both parallel worlds within the series by fusing them into a third universe, which was assumed to be Zinv sacrificing itself. However...

The mecha restored itself in the new universe created, as seen in the final minutes of this final episode to the series (sorry for the Spanish dub, but this was the only copy of the scene I could find via Youtube.) It's implied that Zinv's pilot, Kazuki, would use the mecha to explore the universe, hinting to it having FTL speed.

Okay, that in that first video the fusing of the parallel worlds seems legitimate. I have no idea what they're saying in the second video though. I flunked spanish (in my defense, it was because my Spanish teacher was kind of hot and I only paid attention to her rump and tits). I already know Z has his own FTL feats but I don't know if he's actually done stuff like that with his Light Hawk Wings besides destroying the moon. If he can do what Zinv's done then sure, he probably has that power/durability; unless Zinv's LHW's were special or something.

At any rate, I think Bern and Lambda destroy and create universes much more casually than that. Plus, they can spam that stuff and do crazy things like turn cookies into a small universe. Bernkastel herself also has her "cats" for back-up that each throw around that sort of firepower. Not mention that Bern and Lamba are also tough enough to tank all of that in their fight and cross the distance between those universes they create easily.

So, I'm still thinking it's in Bernkastel's favor.

@FalconC2: I made this match a short time before I looked more into Umineko and could buy the multiversal-level claims with the series. I could see Bernkastel steamrolling him here.

Methinks I need to set up better opposition.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel