Yamamoto vs. Whitebeard

Topic started by CallmeBrent on Oct. 3, 2012. Last post by TheNeutralOne 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,413 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Jinbeifan1: he used it to keep them contained so he can kill off the espada. But Yamaji could use that time to prep the attack he was gonna use on aizen

Post by Yusuke52 (424 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@FormerCrimsonKing said:

Hate to say this but, nobody here used the term great mobility but yourself...

He managed to fight toe-to-toe with the admirals which would mean he is fast enough to keep up with them and dodge their attacks. Even in his weakened state he was able to intercept Kizaru while he was in his light form.

Yamamoto has psudo flight. Psudo being the key word there, in that he can stand and walk on the air but he cannot fly through it. Just because he can walk on air does not make him immune to the air vibrations caused by his quakes, Aokiji was hit by them in mid-air, Yamamoto will not be escaping him just by going into the air.

Nobody said Yamamoto only has his Bankai, I even said he would have a better chance with his Shikai due to its range.

Yamamoto can't tank a quake, and Whitebeard cant tank his flames. It can go either way. And neither is taking it with ease.

Its his Bisento.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,224 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@FormerCrimsonKing: we didnt even get to see the attack because of wonderweiss, so im iffy on that one. if he was smarter he would have whipped out his bankai and finished them all off in a few seconds, but he didnt... the writer of bleach has so many plot holes i swear.

Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Yusuke52 said:

@FormerCrimsonKing said:

Hate to say this but, nobody here used the term great mobility but yourself...

He managed to fight toe-to-toe with the admirals which would mean he is fast enough to keep up with them and dodge their attacks. Even in his weakened state he was able to intercept Kizaru while he was in his light form.

Yamamoto has psudo flight. Psudo being the key word there, in that he can stand and walk on the air but he cannot fly through it. Just because he can walk on air does not make him immune to the air vibrations caused by his quakes, Aokiji was hit by them in mid-air, Yamamoto will not be escaping him just by going into the air.

Nobody said Yamamoto only has his Bankai, I even said he would have a better chance with his Shikai due to its range.

Yamamoto can't tank a quake, and Whitebeard cant tank his flames. It can go either way. And neither is taking it with ease.

Yeah, sticking with shikai is his best chance and  it pretty much becomes a quick draw match due the fact the could one shot each other. WB having the advantage with precog should give him the win.
Post by taichokage (12,685 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Actually, Yamaji unlike most characters has legitimate flight. Remember when he killed Deiscoll Berci, he flew to the next battle. Not that I think it makes much difference in this instance but I thought id point that out.

That shows him using Shunpo to dash through the Seireitei in a matter of 2 steps at the most, The first one being the black line (Yamamoto) hitting the edge of the flames in the top panel, the next is where the flames stop. Even when Ichigo preformed Shunpo to this degree way back in his post dangai form to bring Aizen out of Karakura, he had the appearance of flying but it was in fact Shunpo that did it.

This is something that he was noted in being highly skilled in, I even said myself that he would likely beat Whitebeard over long distances, and that was thanks to stuff like this.

To cover a set distance in the least amount of steps, it give the appearance of flying when you take fewer and fewer steps. Its still psudo flight. Impressive? Yes, True Flight? No

But like I say, if you have a statement from a credible source saying he can in fact fly then I will conceed the point, otherwise there is nothing to suggest that this is anything by Shunpo. It has been done before, and it remains consistent with everything else shown.

But that is soul society. Characters without true flight don't air step there or Hueco Mundo. Even if it isnt true flight, it hardly matters since it in affect is used in the same way. The fact is Yamaji can remain airborne and because he can stand on air, actually maneuver better than many true fliers.

Why do you believe its impossible to air step in the soul society, Do you think its void of air but has wind and water and food?

Just so we are clear, when I refer to air stepping I am refering to their ability to solidify reishi beneath their feat and kick off from it.

Dont tell me you thought I ment walking on actual air unaided? I thought it was common knowledge that they can solidify reishi under their feet.

Reishi in the atmosphere is also able to be controlled freely, allowing a person to gather it under their feet so that they can stand in air.

A true flier can recover for an attack that would disable his flight momentarily, Yamamoto cannot do so if he is falling down.

My point is its not true flight but people seem to act like they have wings and can just fly into the air when they please.

They never ever have in soul society. I think it's because in the human world they are spirits, not quite governed by the same laws. In ss they are the norm and are spirits in a spirit world and can't fly anymore than a human could. Have you ever once seen it happen in ss or Hueco Mundo aside from Yamamoto if he really was doing that?

When Ichigo fought Byakuya he was kicking off the air to move through Senbonzakura.

Ichigo fighting Grimmjow in mid air during their final battle In Hueco Mundo.

If you can disprove it then by all means go ahead, but evidence would say that Shunpo is how he navigated his way to Juhabach's location, since it would remain consistent with all the other showings.

Its not like it would make a difference either way regardless of how you look at it, Whitebeard can still hit him in the air, so going up there is pointless.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,595 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

yamamoto speed wins because we have seen in the anime or manga that WB attacks are stronger but WB has to charge them up and yamamoto flash step swing of his sword would hit WB before he attacks with his ability plus the guy who said Yamamoto doest have bankai i just explain how the the speed of his sword attack is too fast for WB plus WB is dead why are we using Yamamoto has no bankai thing. I think ur too much of a one piece fan to admit that bleach speed is faster than one piece and their attack is a lot faster as well. And if we use bleach spirit can't be seen thing then WB doesn't have a chance plus at bankai yamamoto became has hot has the sun so WB would just turn to ashes from the heat and we have seen that lava does the trick so 15,000,000k is the sun and molten lava is 2,000k. So the heat that yamamotto puts off if he doesn't be careful could end all life. and by the way bleach people are spirits so heat would not have as big as an impact on a living person's body. Dont use the Atsu Astu no mi in any way cause at 15,000,000k is so much larger than 10000k.

Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Yama.
Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sorry but whitebeard takes this. He is too tanky for Yama even though i love him to death. Also do not forget that whitebeard has haki. That ability see the attack before it happens and dodge will play more than an important role in this fight. One good dodge and a quake will end the fight. Yamamoto has shown no impressive durability feats to take on Whitebeard.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel