Yamamoto Vs Masaki

Topic started by One_Piece_God on Oct. 3, 2012. Last post by bobokyo 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by bobokyo (122 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@jamesisaacs said:

Yamamoto wins, Masaki can't even see shinigami and doesn't have the powers necessary to harm even the lowest level shinigami of the Bleachverse.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Yusuke52 said:

@solesamurai: And those statements disregard the key principle that he can control his light form, making them pointless in regards to the battle.

light physics which you obviously don't know about

If you want to see someone who does not know anything about it, check out the guy who claims that light is comprised of atoms.

You also claim that light can be cut through, that is incorrect. I would like to think you know why its impossible to "cut" light.

Makes me think you know less that you appear to let on, given that you also refer to it as "light physics" something which even my GCSE Physics teacher didn't do.

But I couldn't care at this point in time how much you know about light or its mechanics when it is "cut" through. All that matters in my post is that your points rely on the instance that they can't control their light form, but they can, making most of your points moot in regards to this battle.

Not wrong, just pointless.

I reserved the right to sarcasm when you disregarded the key part of their abilities to suit your argument.

Lets just leave it at that, and not let this go on any further.

lol You can cut light through various means such as introducing different mediums into it's trajectory(path) and other things of that sort. I'm guessing you never actually learned anything about the law of reflection or the law of refraction. I wasn't replying to that sped, I was replying to you what he thinks he knows about light physics is completely irrelevant to what I have stated. Light physics is a term I have teachers who refer to it as that, But it's up the person i don't know why you feel like you needed to bring that up but whatever. You reserve no right to sarcasm because you didn't disprove anything, not to mention it only makes you look like a sarcastic dick, fact is even with full control of their abilities they cannot nor should they be able to defy physics, it's impossible. It doesn't need to go any further because you have no point, and you could always just ignore me.

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@solesamurai: Link me to a video, topic or find me a statement in any physics journal that would refer to "cutting light" as a scientific term.

You can reflect, absorb, or transmit light. Its incorrect to call it cutting, as any physics teacher would or should have told you. What you are doing is reflecting, not cutting. I dont refer to cutting my bread as reflecting, and neither should you refer to reflecting light as cutting.

Light physics is a term

Show me a reference to "light physics" as terminology in a scientific journal, specificaly something from the glossary as that is where the terms would be along with their description (Scan would be fine). I have 7 here and not one of them has this reference. Then again, maybe Americans other parts of the world refer to it as such, if you have proof then by all means show me.

Its very misleading as one can say - "light physics", the nice, easy, and relaxed approach to physics, rather than the "physics of light", an in depth look at how light works in our universe.

One has 2 possible meanings you would have to expand on that to make it clear for others (This time I knew what you meant only because you were following it up with the physics side of things. Other might not be so lucky), the other has one single meaning.

"Lets do some light physics today kids!"

"Nice dad so we are going to take it easy today?"

"No son we are studing the physics of light"

"Ok dad lets do it!"

As apposed to

"Lets study the physics of light today kids!"

"Lets do it dad!"

Big difference.

But as you said its not technically wrong (but that depends on you showing me this reference.), you are just going to extra lengths when you dont have to.

fact is even with full control of their abilities they cannot nor should they be able to defy physics, it's impossible.

No shit, thats why they call if fiction. And as I said before your post hinges on the "what if?" I described, that is why your post will never be correct for use as an argument in a debate about fictional characters, because you try to disprove their abilities saying "They shouldnt be able to do that".

No shit they shouldnt be able to do it, but they are so get over it.

If you want to use physics then fine, go work out their speed and strength based on the feats they performed, dont go and try to show how their abilities cant possibly work, because the fact is this is fiction, and they can do some crazy shit because of it, and wether you think its possible or not is irrevelant because it was described like this, it was shown like this, and it will stay like this no matter how many times you want to say "They cant because it breaks the laws of physics".

Its called fiction for a reason, go and look it up.

My points are in reference to the actual battle (Dispite being sidetracked), your points are in reference as to how their abilities SHOULD work, not how they DO work.

You should also note that im not saying your post is wrong, aside from the terms you decided to use. Its correct from what I can remember of it, what im saying is that is not correct to use this in a battle as they defy the laws of physics, and show themselves doing it.

If you want to use physics as I have said before, work out their speed or destructive power. Dont try and disprove abilities they clearly have.

Post by jamesisaacs (10 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@bobokyo said:

@jamesisaacs said:

Yamamoto wins, Masaki can't even see shinigami and doesn't have the powers necessary to harm even the lowest level shinigami of the Bleachverse.

Thank you darling.

@Yusuke52 said:

@solesamurai: Link me to a video, topic or find me a statement in any physics journal that would refer to "cutting light" as a scientific term.

You can reflect, absorb, or transmit light. Its incorrect to call it cutting, as any physics teacher would or should have told you. What you are doing is reflecting, not cutting. I dont refer to cutting my bread as reflecting, and neither should you refer to reflecting light as cutting.

Light physics is a term

Show me a reference to "light physics" as terminology in a scientific journal, specificaly something from the glossary as that is where the terms would be along with their description (Scan would be fine). I have 7 here and not one of them has this reference. Then again, maybe Americans other parts of the world refer to it as such, if you have proof then by all means show me.

Its very misleading as one can say - "light physics", the nice, easy, and relaxed approach to physics, rather than the "physics of light", an in depth look at how light works in our universe.

One has 2 possible meanings you would have to expand on that to make it clear for others (This time I knew what you meant only because you were following it up with the physics side of things. Other might not be so lucky), the other has one single meaning.

"Lets do some light physics today kids!"

"Nice dad so we are going to take it easy today?"

"No son we are studing the physics of light"

"Ok dad lets do it!"

As apposed to

"Lets study the physics of light today kids!"

"Lets do it dad!"

Big difference.

But as you said its not technically wrong (but that depends on you showing me this reference.), you are just going to extra lengths when you dont have to.

fact is even with full control of their abilities they cannot nor should they be able to defy physics, it's impossible.

No shit, thats why they call if fiction. And as I said before your post hinges on the "what if?" I described, that is why your post will never be correct for use as an argument in a debate about fictional characters, because you try to disprove their abilities saying "They shouldnt be able to do that".

No shit they shouldnt be able to do it, but they are so get over it.

If you want to use physics then fine, go work out their speed and strength based on the feats they performed, dont go and try to show how their abilities cant possibly work, because the fact is this is fiction, and they can do some crazy shit because of it, and wether you think its possible or not is irrevelant because it was described like this, it was shown like this, and it will stay like this no matter how many times you want to say "They cant because it breaks the laws of physics".

Its called fiction for a reason, go and look it up.

My points are in reference to the actual battle (Dispite being sidetracked), your points are in reference as to how their abilities SHOULD work, not how they DO work.

You should also note that im not saying your post is wrong, aside from the terms you decided to use. Its correct from what I can remember of it, what im saying is that is not correct to use this in a battle as they defy the laws of physics, and show themselves doing it.

If you want to use physics as I have said before, work out their speed or destructive power. Dont try and disprove abilities they clearly have.

I just use the term cutting for thre sake of this battle it's reflecting but it works the same in this battle, if you thought about it for 5 seconds you would have gotten that. I'm not going to get into it with you as I have said before it just something people say it wouldn't be documented as it's just a term people say. Are you serious about the fiction part? Lol retards. I wasn't showinghow their abilities can't work I was stating how they could be countered, Nothing in either manga states physics is turned off dumbass hence why I'm posting this.

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@solesamurai said:

Lol retards.

Lovely that you are calling everyone a retard now.

I wasn't showinghow their abilities can't work I was stating how they could be countered

And they can only be countered in the way you described by assuming they are are bound by standard laws of physics in said form, which they are not else they would disperse and never reform.

Hence why I continue to say that your point is irrelevant in the context of this battle.

Nothing in either manga states physics is turned off dumbass hence why I'm posting this.

Nothing does state that it is turned off, but when you have people who turn into Ice, Magma, Fire, Sand, Darkness (Not a true Logia), Lightning, and Light, you need to bend the applied laws of physics to accomade the changes.

Which means that unless you have a way of harming their body directly (Haki or bypassing durability and intangibility), Destroying their logia form with a stonger element or absorbing them directly. You are not hamring them by conventional means when they are transformed.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@solesamurai said:

I just use the term cutting for thre sake of this battle it's reflecting but it works the same in this battle, if you thought about it for 5 seconds you would have gotten that. I'm not going to get into it with you as I have said before it just something people say it wouldn't be documented as it's just a term people say. Are you serious about the fiction part? Lol retards. I wasn't showinghow their abilities can't work I was stating how they could be countered, Nothing in either manga states physics is turned off dumbass hence why I'm posting this.

Please refrain from using verbal insults in the forums. thank you.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@solesamurai:

Calm down
Calm down
Post by waybig1010101 (3,087 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Yusuke52: for west he says think of both my sword and body as the sun not it is the sun and thats west when he uses east its different and when he uses south somehow he raises the dead and north is using the heat to attack kinda how you think what east does but has range but you keep over thinking it because its a fire weapon it has to use heat but somehow he uses it to raise the dead even through the people he killed were spirits.

i feel at this point our interpretations are too different so this will never end where i see it as word for word stating his power you think because its a fire weapon it has to burn or use heat in some way when he talking about east where it says he doesn't use heat so i think his blade in east just erases anything it touches because the level of his sword transcend the heat energy his uses and became a weapon that annihilates anything it touches.

but yet again you see it differently than what i see it and everyone has the right to their own opinions and interpretations. but if you feel to respond to me thinking that having the last word wins a debate or something i dont care anymore. i just want to enjoy anime and i hope that that is something we can both agree on that anime kicks ass.

Post by othus12 (6,718 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@solesamurai: how do you like this for physics? light that explodes....try to reflect that

Post by SMXLR8 (7,144 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@DBZ_universe:

Post by SMXLR8 (7,144 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Killer_of_trolls: too late that person already does that

@othus12 said:

@solesamurai: how do you like this for physics? light that explodes....try to reflect that

It's very possible to reflect it, you're reflecting the light not the explosion.

Post by othus12 (6,718 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@solesamurai: it explodes on contact,its impossible, if it touches a mirror it will explode,it wont get reflected.... just to set an example.

kizaru can make it pierce through or explode, its his call. the pika pika no mi does grant the hability to become a light man and use light as he wishes, but as for skills, it goes beyond the laws of physics of our world.

Post by bobokyo (122 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@solesamurai said:

@othus12 said:

It's very possible to reflect it, you're reflecting the light not the explosion.

The point is that the physics of light in fiction is very different to the physics of light in the real world. Masaki can blitz Yama before he can do anything, and he fought a guy that uses a sword too but it did jackshit to him.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel