Yamamoto (shikai allowed) vs. Blackbeard (both devil fruits)

Topic started by justanormalguy on Feb. 5, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yamamoto
  • Blackbeard
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Id say yamamoto all the way. His immense speed would already give him the advantage here not to mention his shikai

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Haofan123 said:

Id say yamamoto all the way. His immense speed would already give him the advantage here not to mention his shikai

Post by taichokage (14,838 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I would add kido and MONSTROUS flame aura to that list as well.
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19

My bias wants me to say Blackbeard because I love One Piece, but until we see how Blackbeard can deal with superior speed I dunno. Destructive power I give to Blackbeard only because he was pretty much a small city buster and was able to instantly swallow up a town as a mere demonstration before he obtained the Gura gura no mi. Still, Yamamoto's speed may allow him to near instant kill Blackbeard with his sword alone. And it is arguable if Blackbeard could even regenerate from the flames. One thing is for sure, if Yamamoto uses that Kido that sacrifices an arm, it's all over. We know Yamamoto can destroy all of Karakura town, he is much faster than two elite captains doing shunpo ahead of time, AND he can activate those flames rather quickly. Right now I gotta go with Yama until the OP makes any rules or handicaps.

Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10
No rules. Just go for the throat killing. Both bloodlusted. I thought pitting the two strongest characters from their respective shows would be very interesting.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@justanormalguy said:

No rules. Just go for the throat killing. Both bloodlusted. I thought pitting the two strongest characters from their respective shows would be very interesting.

I can see where you're coming from, but its not much of a match conidering Yama can simply blitz BB and put a zanpakuto through his heart

Post by justanormalguy (270 posts) See mini bio Level 10
If he has done that before, then it's a good argument. If not, then it's null. It's like when people say Superman will always blitz in combat. That's completely out of character since he doesn't always blitz his opponents. This situation is the same with Yamamoto.
Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@justanormalguy: Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't them being bloodlusted, by nature, mean that they're ALREADY out of character? So what's it matter?

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Standard battleforum rules: Bloodlusted, no morals, will do anything to win. Yeah, Yama takes this most likely.

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,670 posts) See mini bio Level 15

i mean honestly yamamoto could win this with a binding spell and a swing of his sword

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@justanormalguy: I wouldn't really say Blackbeard was the strongest in One Piece. He's taken heavy beatings from a lot of characters and he even ran away from Akainu who was on his own while Blackbeard had his whole crew.

I personally have a feeling that more powerful characters have still to be unveiled and we have yet to see how strong the strongest characters in One Piece are, which may include the likes of Dragon, Doflamingo, Mihawk etc.

However in relation to this thread I think Yamamoto would destroy Blackbeard, just with speed blitz because I'm pretty sure Blackbeard's yami yami no mi absorbs fire, like it did Ace's flames.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel