Wolverine's Counterparts Go At It!

Topic started by blackdemon on March 20, 2013. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by blackdemon (710 posts) See mini bio Level 8

My, do I have a lot of ideas for X-Men counterpart battle threads lately! Since it's focused around X-Men counterparts, you knew one about Wolverine's otherworldly counterparts from other franchises was coming, didn't you? Indeed, and sure enough, here it is! All fights take place in the Yukon, given it's nice and snowy and in Canada, the latter being the country where Logan was born, and here are the matches.

Vegeta(Dragonball Z/GT)VS Shadow The Hedgehog(Sonic The Hedgehog)

Tiger Of The Wind(Monster Rancher Anime)VS John Rambo(Rambo Quadrilogy)

Lance(1980's Voltron)VS Bagheera(Disney's The Jungle Book 1 and 2)

Dinobot(Beast Wars Transformers)VS Severus Snape(Harry Potter)

Dizzy Devil(Tiny Toon Adventures)VS Jacob(Twilight Saga)

Raphael(2003 TMNT Cartoon)VS Jab(Street Sharks)

Lobo(DC Comics, pre-NU52)VS Scorpion(Mortal Kombat, in his Mortal Kombat Deception form WITH his godlike powers so that the odds stay even)

Garurumon(Digimon Adventure)VS Hellboy(Dark Horse Comics)

Batman(DC Comics, post crisis, pre-NU52)VS Ripclaw(Image Comics)

Kovu(The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride)VS Diego(Ice Age Franchise)

Tony(Alpha And Omega)VS Tito(Oliver And Company)

Warblade(Wildstorm Comics)VS Timber Wolf(DC Comics, pre-NU-52, post crisis)

List the outcomes individually and in the order above, please!

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Ok some of those arent really Wolverine Counterparts.... Like Snape, Batman, Jacob, Hellboy or Kovu...

Post by blackdemon (710 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Really, Kuro_San? I can think of no X-Man they are more alike to, seeing as how...

1. Snape is complicated, formidable, hard nosed, scary, dark yet heroic and possessing of vices and personal problems, plus a hard, difficult past. And he is similar to Dinobot from Beast Wars in many ways. All of these things can be applied to Wolverine, as can the status of mostly being a loner, which easily applies to Snape.

2. Jacob is not only tough and good in a fight(which he also enjoys)but can turn himself into a full wolf, and a ferocious, powerful one, at that, plus has fought over Bella with Edward(just as Logan has fought over Jean Grey with Cyclops). Let's not forget that, when in full wolf form, Jacob also has heightened senses, something Wolverine's well known for having.

3. Hellboy is a dark, unlikely but efficient and brave hero who not only enjoys fighting, he is perfectly willing to kill his enemies and, in fact, has often done so. Plus, he smokes cigars, and he loves cats, just as Wolverine has a soft spot for animals(usually)and also smokes cigars.

4. Kovu is a dark hero who is conflicted and who has a ferocity to him, along with claws which never retract(unlike most other lions)and very sharp fighting skills due to Zira's training. He also now does all he can to make up for his mistakes, and typically hides his feelings unless with Kiara, just as Wolverine does all he can to make up for his mistakes and typically hides his feelings unless he's with Shadowcat, Jean Grey or anyone similar. Not to mention that, being a lion, Kovu's got sharp senses, too.

5. Batman is both a loner(for the most part)and a dark hero, and someone who is very hard-headed, intimidating, tough and skilled in battle. Plus, he's easily angered and is quite intelligent and cunning. His weapons are also something to be considered, just like Wolverine's claws are, and he's extremely popular, iconic and the official badass of the DC Universe, just as Wolverine is the first two things and the official badass of the Marvel Universe.

Although, I'm glad there are at least selections of mine up there you agree with. Who do you think would be the winner of each fight, btw? Be sure to list them all and in the order above.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,452 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Vegeta already defeated Shadow.

Post by Kobra678 (2,885 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Vegeta stomps Shadow....not sure about the rest.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,028 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@DBZ_universe: even though they cheated shadow out of some of his powers.

@UltimateHero0406: But if you think about it, Shadow needs the emeralds to win... with out them he gets killed by Vegeta.

@DBZ_universe: They are pretty much standard equipment. And in that fight he had them. I'm not saying that Shadow would have one without a doubt but he could do a lot more than just troll with teleportation.

@UltimateHero0406: That, I do agree on. He could had done more than just teleporting Vegeta around.

@DBZ_universe: yeah, that's why i love and hate Them . Battles are cool but they barely knew what their talking about . Like pikachu vs blanka. They made up a BS reason for pikachu to lose.

@UltimateHero0406: Yes, that one I agree. Pikachu would had one IMO. If they would had used Red's Pikachu then it would be over.

They also forgot to say the TMs and HMs of Pika.

@DBZ_universe: Not even. They just made up stupid stuff like using a steel type move like Iron Tail would damage Pikachu because Iron conducts electricity and would or some dumb crap when Pikachu cut a huge tidal wave in half with it and took no damage. And then I think they said Blanka would win because of his size when Pikachu could curbstomp Pokemon way bigger than Blanka. That and Pikachu's speed and techniques would destroy Blanka. Red's Pikachu is not needed here lol

@UltimateHero0406: All that is true, Pikachu defeated a damn Dragonite. A Dragonite lolstomps Blanka.

so yeah the size thing was dumb. also the Volt Tackle should had KO Blanka...

True, Red's Pika would lolwtfstomp Blanka and then gone to own Guile for the hell of it.

@DBZ_universe: Lol eyup

@UltimateHero0406: What were your thoughts on the Mai vs Chun-Li? I thought Chun-Li should had one that battle.

@DBZ_universe: I don't know much about Mai so idk lol. But by your reaction I can guess they messed up a bunch of stuff.

@UltimateHero0406: Well they did gave Mai a field advantage.

I think Shao Kahn vs Akuma would had been better than Shang Tsung.

Also, they did not added all Akuma's feats in that battle such as Oni and Shin Akuma.

@DBZ_universe: True. And yeah but I guess using that would have made it a stomp lol. But if they used Shang, it would have been more even.

But some I did like were TMNT battle and Spiderman vs Batman. And Spawn vs Kratos was ok but Spawn vs Ghost Rider would have been 10X better.

It seems like they are slightly more knowledgeable about comics rather than anime and most games.

@UltimateHero0406: Then again, there is no MK fighter that can compete against Akuma and since they use all feats for them, they could use his feats from Asura's Wrath which would>>>>>MK with a finger.

Yes the TMNT was awesome! my favorite was Dr. Eggman vs Dr. Willy.

I think they should make a Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse. That would be grater than Goku vs Supes.

Also Cloud losing to Link was... yeah.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
  • Vegeta
  • Rambo
  • Lance
  • Not sure
  • Dizzy Devil
  • Raphael
  • Lobo
  • Not sure
  • Batman
  • Diego
  • Tony
  • Warblade
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel