Who do you think is faster?

Topic started by Hakimiko on March 5, 2012. Last post by Kobra678 9 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Hakimiko (10 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Flash
  • Sonic
  • Superman
  • The Runner
  • Goku
  • Road Runner
  • Speedy Gonzales
  • Zoom
Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@robertsmith: I'm assuming you haven't read the rest of the thread because we've already had Sonic fanatic preach about him being faster then zoom and flash and the runner and even superman which is completely ludicrous and yes its pretty clear that sonic can run ftl. Just because one of his moves are named "lightspeed dash" doesn't mean he'll dash you at lightspeed thats like having a character from a fighting game with the name of one of his technique's being called "universal destruction" which is just a 25hit combo with some sparky effects flailing from his hands while he punches you... does that mean if he hits you with the attack it'll destroy the universe? nope..

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Sonata: yes yes.. but in these race he is gonna need more family members..

Post by robertsmith (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@CerberusPrime3k: Pull out the game manual it states he can move at light speed

Post by robertsmith (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@CerberusPrime3k: my bad Iju already proved it

Post by Iju (108 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Newdeath said:

@Iju: Sonic can't jog at the speed of light. Like I said, show me Sonic doing something as impressive as escaping two black holes, something that even Superman did. If he can't even do that then there's no way in hell that he's faster than Flash, The Runner or Zoom or even Superman LOL

ND

lol sry for late reply but sonic called running above the speed of light not even a challenge. XD so sry to burst ya bubble dude.

from the sonic wikia:

"Then Sonic told him that light speed was slow time and not a challenge." http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(character)

give up?

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm really not amused. Lightspeed is just the tip of the iceberg. Flash has feats of going billions of times light speed last time I checked.

@MohsinMan99: wait, what flash are we talking about?

@ohgodwhy said:

The fastest thing alive means that he is the fastest thing alive.....in his own universe. When compared against people from other universes that statement becomes invalid.

I get what you mean by saying without the SpeedForce Flash wouldn't be as fast as he is but in the DC Universe the SpeedForce is like air. It's always there, you can't just get rid of it.

"The Speed Force is an energy field that grants all speedsters their power. Several speedsters have merged with it, including Barry Allen, Johnny Quick, and Max Mercury." From DC wiki.

By taking away the SpeedForce you're effectively taking Flash's abilities. The SpeedForce is the source of the Flash's powers. It's like taking away all of Sonic's abilities like Lightspeed Dash. The chaos emeralds and wisps are something separate altogether because they are an accessory kind of item. You need to collect them first before you can use them. I also follow Sonic and I have not come across anything that suggested that Super Sonic's speed was infinite anyway.

"Barry Allen is the very source and creator of the Speed Force,and generates it with every step he takes." From DC Wiki. There you go. He created the Speed Force, it is him. You can't take the Speed Force away from him in this battle because then you might as well take Sonic's speed away from him.

"Sonic is known best for his speed, with the ability to run at speeds greater than Mach 1 (known from Sonic X), which is at the blistering speed of 768 miles per hour. This is evident in many games, where Sonic is recorded to run at speeds faster than 765 mph. In Sonic Unleashed, the checkpoint posts (Star Posts) also act as radars that clock Sonic's speed when he passes them. Due to the fact that his speed increases the longer he's boosting, it's possible for the checkpoint posts to show Sonic's max speed in-game, being able to clock him going at over 2,500 mph. It is also stated in the Sonic Adventure DX manual that "He's the world's fastest, hypersonic hedgehog" which is at a staggering speed of 3,840 mph." From the link you provided.

How long does Sonic stay in Spinball mode? From all the games I've played it's usually a few seconds before he slows back down. It was said he Sonic might be faster than Lightspeed in the future but at present he is not. Even if he was it ludicrous to even imagine he would go from being near Lightspeed to several times Lightspeed in just a short amount of time. That's quite a massive gap in speed.

In conclusion I'm basically saying you can't take the Speedforce away from Flash because he is the Speedforce. I'm also saying you can't really use wisps and chaos emeralds in this battle because they are items, not an actual ability. Even if you do use them, Superman escaped from a blackhole and as far as I know it has never been stated that Super Sonic's speed is infinite.

ha ha its so funny how you deal with sonic's nickname. why not let sonic keep the title, for how slow you say he is? because you know you will lose by default! i mean come on, there are two unknown people in a race, and someone says to pick your best opinion and bet on the racer. then they give you the titles they hold. the 1st is "Fastest man alive" and the 2nd "Fastest thing alive". since you are plainly not that stupid, im pretty sure that you would go for the second than the first, in that person's universe or not. im pretty sure that you would still reach for "Fastest thing alive", anyway. come on, we are all not stupid, with the title "fastest thing alive" and the title "fastest man alive", we'd go for "fastest thing" by default because it even sounds better. all of a sudden, sonic holding the title makes everyone go wild. tell me, if flash had "the fastest thing alive" for HIS title, YOU wouldnt point that out? stop trying to deny the fact that sonic isnt the fastest thing alive in other universes.

so, you say that the first way the SF (Speed Force) was even made into the world was by the first flash. thank you! thats just what i wanted! like you said, it was CREATED. not just "always there, like air." so proven by yours and my points, since the SF wasnt "always there" it is still a third party, even if you cant help it now. why does DC even make the difference in the SF and flash's speed, if the SF is "always with the speedsters" in the first place? wouldnt it just be called "their speed"? the SF may be unhelped now, but that doesnt make it not a third party.

and you also said that sonic spindash "slows down after a couple seconds". game mechanic. if you refuse to believe this, look at this vid.

sonic spindashed as long as he wanted in this vid and in this other one im about to show you. like i said. game mechanic. now for the 2nd one.

again, in this vid, he spindashed, or "turned into a ball" a freely as he felt.

for how much you researched in the sonic wikia, you didnt come across these facts?

" When Omega collected data from Sonic, he said "At this rate, light speed will be exceeded." Then Sonic told him that light speed was slow time and not a challenge."

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(character)

see? sonic called light speed SLOW. while flash has to go through all this effort WITH the speed force just to go AT light speed. dude, just give up.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This thread is far too old. Think what you want I don't really care anymore. Peace.

@robertsmith said:

alright alot of you guys know nothing about sonic the hedgehog. I will tell you how fast he is, I will show you that he is easily faster than the speed of light. Now this is gonna be alot so really listen closely.

Sonic the Hedgehog, on average, is known to run faster than the speed of sound. sonic could instantly accelerate faster than the speed of sound with ease as shown in sonic x episode 1.

in sonic unleashed the checkpoints posts. also act as radars that clock Sonic's speed when he passes them. which clocked his fastest speed of being able to go over 2,500 mph.

It is also stated in the Sonic Adventure DX manual that ''He's the world's fastest, hypersonic hedgehog'' which is at a staggering speed of 3,840 mph.

Sonic can move at the speed of light. as shown in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes and in sonic generations. In those games sonic has specific light speed set of moves. the light speed dash and light speed attack.

Since Sonic Heroes, he can perform the light attack fast and didn't need to charge anymore. for the dash, he no longer needs to charge as of sonic adventure 2.

The Light Speed Dash returns in Sonic Generations as one of Modern Sonic's normal abilites.

in Sonic CD Using his unrivaled speed, Sonic managed to travel through time and ensure a good future for the Little Planet. And that was him in his no

Omega also stated in Sonic Colors (DS) that with Sonic's current progress, he would surpass the speed of light.''

in the Archie Comics. in the early going, Sonic outraced shadows and was faster than light.

he could also vibrate his molecules to slip threw solid objects.

In Hyper Sonic #134: Something about 2 missiles on opposite ends of continents about to hit. He pushed himself to his extreme limit, and really straned himself, entering a realm where time was stopped. He then proceeded to take out the threats in no time. After this, he had trouble getting out of this accelerated mode and was nearly stuck permemantly , until he found how to slow himself down to get out of it.

sonic has different forms of speed, regular, super, ultra, hyper, sonic can also hit warp zones and use chaos control (with an emerald).

Chaos Control :

CC is a completelydifferent level, you could "try" assigning a speed to a few of the times they use it in certain ways, but not really.

For STARTS , CC allows teleporting,warping of space and time,generally anything related to what i just mentioned(like timetravel and dimension hopping) so... seriously? a measure of speed? lol.

Super Sonic transformation- Super Sonic enhances his speed- that's all they officially say about him. What's he's performed in feats-he's faster than light without effort, and doesn't strain to go faster at all. Sonic X- in Sonic X he travels through time and space -under his own power.

Archie gave Super Sonic some feats such as crossing the planet in under a second(Super Sonic's first archie fight), but...not much .

He did avoid a black hole, but it's not that impressive, though physics says you must be FTL to escape those.(as if Super Sonic could have been hurt anyway.

Sonic Shuffle:

Super Sonic's Sonic Rumble move- he dashes with afterimages behind him, up to a opponent, seems to do nothing, then just instantly appears where he started ,and then a glowing haze forms where he was at,caused from attacking X enemy numerous times at such a speed; it was a "delayed effect".

Finishing up: The archie feat lets him move at anywhere in no time- which equates to infinite speed due to that factor. And that was him in his BASE form.

He could just use CC and 'time stop' to get that^ or externally, seriously Stop Time for all, (Sonic X), but he prefers his speed over CC.

I just showed good evidence sonic the hedgehog is way beyond light speed.

*clap,clap*,FREAKIN *clap*!!! congratulations,dude. i know sonic would win anyway, but even YOU convinced ME! great job! really great job!

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@robertsmith: I'm assuming you haven't read the rest of the thread because we've already had Sonic fanatic preach about him being faster then zoom and flash and the runner and even superman which is completely ludicrous and yes its pretty clear that sonic can run ftl. Just because one of his moves are named "lightspeed dash" doesn't mean he'll dash you at lightspeed thats like having a character from a fighting game with the name of one of his technique's being called "universal destruction" which is just a 25hit combo with some sparky effects flailing from his hands while he punches you... does that mean if he hits you with the attack it'll destroy the universe? nope..

wait..you said "light speed" dosnt mean "light speed" at all. what do you mean?

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy said:

It's got to be

Zoom - He's raced the Flash and won because he slows down time instead of running fast.

Flash - Barry Allen and Wally West can slow down almost everyone who uses the Speed Force including Superman.

Runner - Fastest Marvel character.

Superman - Travels at many times the speed of light. Definitely not faster than Flash though.

Goku - Probably slightly under light speed by the end of DBZ. Has instant transmission but that's teleportation.

Sonic - Regular Sonic can run at mach speeds. Super Sonic has been stated to be 2xFTL.

Speedy and Roadrunner had a race once and they drew. They're fast but not as fast as the other guys.

Yes i have to agree with this, but flash can gain a limited omnipresence for abit.

@ohgodwhy said:

This thread is far too old. Think what you want I don't really care anymore. Peace.

ok dude. fine with me! :) peace to you too.

Post by Bruce27 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Zoom is fastest with Flash in second, following runner then Superman-Sonic-Goku and the others are behind them.

@Bruce27: not really...

Post by cosmicdude (451 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@TheRedRose:

Saint seiya is very fast... however they are characters like Zoom and SS that would be a match.

Post by akronawol17 (1,947 posts) See mini bio Level 10
If we're counting archie sonic, then he's probably the fastest. He's had some insane speed feats.
Post by taichokage (14,801 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I'm still going to stick with the Runner assuming its him with the gem.
Post by Kobra678 (3,453 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Didn't Archie Sonic run between universes fast enough to talk to himself on the phone?

Post by taichokage (14,801 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Wow didn't know that. The Runner has run so fast that he said he arrived at his destination before he (yes HE) even could comprehend he did. Also the space gem grants the power to be in more than one place at once via speed as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel