Who can stand against "D"?

Topic started by ReiKai on Nov. 14, 2011. Last post by Theorder14 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Dream (8,324 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

What about Darth Vader or someone? Doesn't his force let him deflect lightspeed laser weaponry? I remember someone posted a scan saying the lasers fired from the guns were indeed lightspeed. Wouldn't that mean he could easily react to D's attacks?

Or Yoda.

Or the Starkiller

Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Dream said:

Care to try disputing a weatherman.

You know, I watch the weather all the time. And more than 70% of the time, he's fuggin Wrong. So, I don't feel the need to dispute people who can't get their own shit right.

@ohgodwhy said:

What about Darth Vader or someone? Doesn't his force let him deflect lightspeed laser weaponry? I remember someone posted a scan saying the lasers fired from the guns were indeed lightspeed. Wouldn't that mean he could easily react to D's attacks?

Or Yoda.

Or the Starkiller

Blasters are slower than Bullets. Nothing has ever been remotely indicated as lightspeed about their weapons.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ReiKai: Are you sure, I'm fairly sure someone showed us a quote on this forum once that said the blasters were lightspeed.

I'd look for it but I really cba. Nvm then.

@ReiKai: And your point is? Meteorologists are still legitimate experts at understanding activity in the atmosphere, including weather conditions. Disputing their knowledge if you lack the credentials and knowledge to do so makes you look foolish.

Where the heck are you getting that a ground-to-air bolt is relativistic speeds when I'm finding enough sites online saying that a bolt is nowhere close to a percentage of light speed?

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Hakumen from Blazblue.
@Dream said:

@ReiKai: And your point is? Meteorologists are still legitimate experts at understanding activity in the atmosphere, including weather conditions. Disputing their knowledge if you lack the credentials and knowledge to do so makes you look foolish.

Where the heck are you getting that a ground-to-air bolt is relativistic speeds when I'm finding enough sites online saying that a bolt is nowhere close to a percentage of light speed?

Believing them infallible would be even more foolish considering current meteorological predictions are only 70% accurate then I wouldn't believe someone whose profession involves only ever telling you what their "Best Guess" is. As I've said, as has been Known, that Lightning on Average strikes the ground at a rate of 1/3rd the speed of light. Trying to argue the facts is just absurd.

The Bolt "D" split is considered relativistic because of the distance traveled. These are facts already in evidence and proven. Trying to argue them is utterly pointless.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,243 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ohgodwhy said:

@ReiKai: Are you sure, I'm fairly sure someone showed us a quote on this forum once that said the blasters were lightspeed.

I'd look for it but I really cba. Nvm then.

I was part of those particular debates, and it was proven that they were not lightspeed. There was a database extract that stated some of the weaponry fired relativistic/lightspeed lasers, but that certainly wasn't from a standard blaster and the only one to ever deflect it was Luke after becoming uber, and that was only because he was aware of the danger (he didn't react after it had been fired).

As I've said, as has been Known, that Lightning on Average strikes the ground at a rate of 1/3rd the speed of light. Trying to argue the facts is just absurd.

And if you're providing no links to prove your evidence, then I have justification to dispute your claims considering I've provided a link from a legitimate source that you are ignoring.

Since you're gonna ignore a meteorologist, let's see you dispute a physicist from a university.

And to further dispute your claim, here's a video showing a lightning bolt coming down at 7,207 fps. You'd be unable to get this kind of nice shot if the bolt really were at relativistic speeds.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

I was part of those particular debates, and it was proven that they were not lightspeed. There was a database extract that stated some of the weaponry fired relativistic/lightspeed lasers, but that certainly wasn't from a standard blaster and the only one to ever deflect it was Luke after becoming uber, and that was only because he was aware of the danger (he didn't react after it had been fired).

Which is the same thing Honoka does in "The Third". It's more aim-dodging than lightspeed/FTL reaction.

This one scene can explain and disprove most such "laser dodging" events in fiction. Moreso of the fact the Narrator is the one explaining it.
Post by XxGin (386 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Lucifer Morningstar with a sword.

Think I see where you're thinking the bolt is relativistic now, Raigen. You're mixing up the return stroke (the flash coming from lightning which can travel at the mentioned speeds you're bragging about) with the step leader (the bolt that comes down which is significantly slower [only about Mach 284]).

Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@ReiKai: What about Augus?

Post by xlab3000 (1,402 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sephiroth, Cloud and Mace Windu(quick reactions)

Post by Theorder14 (221 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Inuyasha?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel