Who can stand against "D"?

Topic started by ReiKai on Nov. 14, 2011. Last post by Theorder14 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Sinister_Noob (2,033 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I can

Post by niBBit (663 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I pick Michael Demiurgos from DC. He uses his sword on multiple occasions.

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai:

Samurai deeper kyo

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hiei from YYH beats D.

Post by KiyoGashKills (15 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Mugen from Samurai Champloo.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Post by CerusSerenade (2,479 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The protagonist from SMT: Strange Journey. This is of course assuming that you don't think that YHVH has the durability of a human gun and sword.

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I don't know what that is, And I don't know why I'm looking at digimon.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

OP is asking for someone more skilled than D who is apparently able to do crazy shit by skill alone, not someone more powerful.

You could easily find hundreds of swordsmen more powerful than him if it was about power.

@MohsinMan99: If having the capability to hit a being who created 8 or so different universes and could shake them with her very breathing (Mem Aleph) doesn't count as skilled I don't know what does.

@CerusSerenade: That wasn't aimed at you but everyone in general.

He had DEMONICA upgrades and many of those end game "swords" and "guns" are divine/mythological weapons. Not to mention that he's already pretty much multiversal at that point so no I wouldn't term that as being "skilled".

"Skill" is someone like Fake Assassin who was able to create a technique like Tsubame Gaeashi just by practice alone.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,637 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Goemon Ishikawa XIII from Lupin III

He can cut Lighting.... He can cut the pages of the Manga or the Film in which the Anime is recorded.....

He is the most powerful anime swordsman

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ReiKai: Well Omnimon X can end the universe with his sword so I'd say that's an impressive sword skill. And I suppose this doesn't count but for Alphamon, "In battle, it possesses the ability for the ultimate force which instantaneously replays the battle's past, so although Alphamon's attack are over in just an instant, you can't grasp how many attacks it actually unleashed, and in theory, you can only see the final blow that brought down the opponent."

@MohsinMan99: Pretty sure you need quite a bit of skill to 1, wield such mythological weapons and 2, hit multiversal being with them.

^I'd certainly have contested that but it seems there's no reason to as OP himself has given a relaxation in the last 2 or so pages and given victories to characters who lack skill with a sword but make it up with hax and power in which case both your's and UltimateHero's choices are totally valid.

Carry on people.

Post by Ikki_Minami_ (963 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Mihawk

Post by KingOfAsh (1,332 posts) See mini bio Level 15

What about that Single Theory Goat, eh? Seriously though, I'd say Teresa or Priscilla.

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

"Skill"??? Mihawk and Kenshin owns him in SKILL

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Omnimon X isn't a swordsman, just another character who ends up using a sword. He just uses a power he happens to have because of his fusion and digi-evolution. Same with Alphamon, it's not a sword skill but an ability acquired from digivolving. Neither of them actually has training or skill with a sword.

It's the same with trying to use Mirai Trunks. He has no formal sword training or skill with a sword, and even in the "History of Trunks" movie, he didn't even have the sword until the very end when he was going back in time to stop Freeza. Trunks can blow up planets, nothing to do with using a sword or any skill with a sword. He's just another guy who happens to have one and then doesn't even use it later when it won't even scratch Android #18.

And no, I am not lax in my decision making. If the character has actual skill and training with a sword and acquires hax abilities, it still fits the bill because they are still actually Swordsman. As mentioned before, Rey Yan is such a figure because he actually spent a great deal of time training with a sword and sword techniques while increasing his abilities. Tenchi Masaki is the same way. He was actually trained by his Grandfather, Yosho, which was shown quite clearly in the first season of the OAV.

Teresa and Priscilla are fast, but aren't in "D"s league. Same with Mihawk and Kenshin. "D" has at least 5000yrs experience with skill and ability to completely ignore 3-dimensional laws, and cut through materials stated as nigh-indestructible to completely indestructible, using only a steel sword that possessed no special properties of its own.

@ReiKai:

If the character has actual skill and training with a sword and acquires hax abilities

What makes their skill superior to D who as you yourself have listed can accomplish insane shit with just a regular sword? Do their swords possess special properties/grant special properties or are they just plain regular swords?

Concerning "hax" abilities, is everything allowed or just sword based hax?

"D" has at least 5000yrs experience with skill and ability to completely ignore 3-dimensional laws, and cut through materials stated as nigh-indestructible to completely indestructible, using only a steel sword that possessed no special properties of its own.

You are dismissing everything as not being in D's league but can your two choices accomplish shit like that with no outside power, no special abilities, weapons with nothing special about them whatsoever and just purely based on skill?

Or have I misread your intentions and you are just looking for a skilled swordsman who can defeat D not necessarily exceeding the shit he has displayed? In which case, yeah, I see there being many potential candidates who can beat him.

You need to clarify this.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel