Who can stand against "D"?

Topic started by ReiKai on Nov. 14, 2011. Last post by Theorder14 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Darsh has no proficiency with a sword. How do I know? Because I've read the manga. It's an enjoyable series, but Darsh is no swordsman. Gara laughed at his attempts. No where was it said Darsh was a swordsman in any regard. He has been a wizard for over four-centuries. That's all he's needed. Trying to claim he has proficiency with a blade is pointless, but it's untrue. Again, Darsh has only ever used Efreet twice. The first was when he had almost no magical power left, and the 2nd time was when he couldn't use magic at all due to Arshes' Magic Void spell.
Post by Dream (7,222 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ReiKai: And again...

All right genius! Since you've been gloating for three pages now over D and you haven't budged with other folks over their characters having a shot, how about you come up with anime/ manga swordsmen in your mind that you think could fare against D?

Until you actually answer this for me, I'll keep rubbing it in your face for as long as this thread continues to be open and posted in.
Post by Yusuke52 (424 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: DS has ENOUGH skill with a sword to warrent the classification of "Swordsman" Which is what you wanted. Or have you forgotten your own rules already?

You must also be going against the definition of Swordsman in the Oxford Dictionary too since DS fits into that definition but you disregard this consistently.

And Dream has a point I would also like an answer from you in regards to this.

All right genius! Since you've been gloating for three pages now over D and you haven't budged with other folks over their characters having a shot, how about you come up with anime/ manga swordsmen in your mind that you think could fare against D?

How would you even go about proving that? Darsh was never trained in how to use a sword, nor trained himself in how to use one, in the four-centuries he's been around. Yet you claim he's proficient based on Zero evidence. Pulling the same moronic stunt as those claiming Trunks is a swordsman.

Well for one he didnt cut himself with the blade while he was using it, and was swinging it around half decent.

Two. He could have just used his fists instead but he opted for a blade meaning he had a bit of confidence in his skill with one

and three. you still didnt answer the last question me and Dream posed.

1. I have swords. I'm not a swordsman. But I can still swing them around and not cut myself.
2. In Gara's fortress, Darsh DID drop the sword and opt to punch Gara with a magic-empowered blow which destroyed the wall behind where Gara was standing.
3. Against Arshes, who had her own Magic Sword, Efreet was his ONLY defense while he was without the use of his spells.

As for Dreams' BS question, he knows I answered that before and I am not inclined to do so again. Repeating it doesn't change my answer.
@ReiKai: All you are essentially doing is dancing around my question and gloating about your fanaticism that you think D is the ultimate swordsman and no one can own him. Right now, you're even dancing around the literal definition of a swordsman that me and Yusuke52 have brought up.

@ReiKai:

Swordsman: Someone who uses or is skilled with a sword.

Dark Schneider uses a Sword (Not often but he can still use it if he wishes)

He is also skilled enough with it to give problems to other swordfighters in fiction, not nessarily in his verse but in others.

By that definition fron the Oxford Dictionary written in the English Language that you seem to disregard He is a swordsman. Much like you since you own a sword, and much like me since I also own one too. (Three if we are being technical, and one combat knife) And much like the other that have been brought up during the fight.

We are both capable of killing someone with it and using it with a degree of skill, besides the fact that I personally have never been taught or have taught myself to wield one. That makes us swordsmen in the rest of the worlds eyes. You can keep denying that till the earth burns, it still wont make you right.

Do you not agree with the English definition of swordsman?

And I have looked through the whole thread and I have yet to see one reference to a character from you that can beat D.

Besides it cant harm you too much to type his/her/its name in once more in place of your "Hes not a swordsman" speech

If you cant think of one then what point does this thread have, other than for you to wank D in?

Just for clarity I shall post it again, Since I would like a proper answer and I am sure Dream would too.

A swordsman is one who is Trained in how to use a sword. Darsh is not trained, nor Proficient in any manner with a sword, Using a sword and Knowing How To are two completely separate things. By your garbage logic, you could give Papa Smurf a sword and say "He's a swordsman. He can fight you."

Once again, aside from those Two instances, Dark Schneider has never used a sword, nor shown any skill with one and has wholly replied upon his magical powers and the Judas Pain. He's not a swordsman. Continuing to claim he is just shows how very desperate you guys are.

To Properly use a sword, one must be Trained in how to do so, either Formally or through experience. Let's try some examples;

Guts? Swordsman
Bart Simpson w/wooden sword on halloween? Not a Swordsman.
Kenshin Himura? Swordsman
Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun? Not a Swordsman. (good HTH fighter, but no sword skills)
Kyoshiro Mibu? Swordsman
Baki Hanma? Not a Swordsman (great HTH fighter and martial artist, but no sword skills)
Dragula Mihawk? Swordsman.
Kenshiro? Not a Swordsman (an ungodly skilled Martial Artist to be sure, but no swordsmanship).

Have you begun to see a pattern here? If you can't, then you really have no reason to be here. Unless you can name a character who knows how to use a Sword, who is an Actual Swordsman, then I can't fathom why you continue bothering to post if all you can do is complain about your own inability to research characters.

@ReiKai: Thats funny because the definition is quite different to what you think it is.

You see if you had any brains about you at all you would know someone who is trained to use swords is called a "Trained Swordsman" and then they can ascend through the various ranks (Expert, master etc). Dark Schneider is a "Swordsman" not a "Trained Swordsman" or a "Master Swordsman" just a regular "Swordsman" like anyone else who can use a blade.

You see what I dont understand is how you cannot seem to comprehend the definition we have given you. It is very definitive in that it is a definition of a "swordsman" from a highly regarded institute of the english language. Thats what you wanted in the first place and that is what i gave you by definition. Dark Schneider has access to a sword that he can use in battle that makes him just as much a swordsman as anyone else. Deny it till the earth burns up I dont care much for your views, unless you can refute the Oxford Dictionarys definition I can keep on posting this same stuff over again and still have the higher ground because, put quite simply, no matter what you say he is by definition a "Swordsman" as well as a "Wizard", he would just rather use magic than swords.

Is he trained to use them with great skill? No

Can he use them with a degree of skill in a fight?To some degree yes, more than enough to get by on anyway.

He is Classed as a Wizard because that is his PREFERED fighting style and the style he accels in the most, it still wont change the fact that he can use a sword if he wishes.

You can keep saying im wrong but I have the backing of Oxford behind me in regards to his status as a "Swordsman". Unless you can dispute that definition they gave then by all rights Dark Schneider can defeat D under your specified rules laid out in the First post and not much you say is going to change that in the slightest.

So let me know when you email Oxford and get them to change the definition and then, and only then, I can dismiss my claim, until then DS is the first one who beats him.

Now I am still waiting to hear what character you think can beat D. Since we have been asking for a long time and we have yet to recieve an answer from you so If you dont mind, in your next post you can bash me some more but please add in a character that you think could beat D.

At least that way we know you are not purposefully wanking him into oblivion.

Unless you are in which case.

Fail.

Just for clarity once again because you cant seem to read all to well.

Swordsman

Noun: A man who fights with a sword (typically with his level of skill specified): "an expert swordsman". (Or Trained Swordsman for that matter)

Post by ohgodwhy (1,505 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think everyone should definitely consider Sora from Kingdom Hearts whenever comparing great swordsman. His feats speak for themselves and while I haven't got a comprehensive list right now I do remember that he was able to:

• Cleave buildings in half with ease, as shown in the final battle.
  • Not only dodge but reflect thousands of lasers with his keyblade, showing near light speed reactions when he fought against Xemnas.
  • He fought 1000 heartless and didn't look too tired by the end of it.
  • Fought and won against Sephiroth and other great warriors.
  • He can summon various other worldly beings such as Genie who can pretty much grant any wish, possibly making him near omnipotent.
  • He's able to use lots of different and powerful magic.
  • His final form drive effectively allowed him to fly and control his keyblades telepathically, he could make them attack with a mere flick of his wrists.

These are just a few of his feats, I'm sure other people can remember a lot more. However they do certainly show that he is probably one of the greatest swordsman in videogames/manga/anime and I think he could definitely give this guy a good run for his money.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: Dude don't be ignorant those are not valid reasons for anything Vergil and Dante should be quick enough, also Devil Trigger further enhances their abilities and makes them even more formidable and much faster. They can Teleport and Vergil strikes so fast many opponents do not realize they have been slain, Spare me the folderol. On a side note Trunks is a swordsman he has shown great skill in killing Freiza's goons, killing Frieza himself, Defeating android 14 and challenging a trained SSJ Goku with great speed and precision. Now how is that not a swordsman? Basically you claim Trunks and yourself are the same because you both can swing it around and not cut yourself yet he has feats you lack, he actually killed people without breaking a sweat! Stop kissing D's butt and look at the facts will ya! Both Dream and Yusuke52 gave you the clear definition and you are being a closed-minded fanboy we can see you love the character but be open-minded and logical.

Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Tenchi Masaki 
Swordsmen, FTL, LHWs

I win :-D
"Someone who uses a sword" implies an individual who Possesses the Necessary Skill with which to wield it. It doesn't mean "Any poor braindead hobo who gets tossed a sword". Anyone with a Reasonable level of Intelligence knows this.

American Heritage Dictionary:

swords·man

1. A man who is skilled in the use of swords.

Now let's look at what -your- dictionary says after your BS line .
2. A fencer.
3. A soldier.

Now, do I need to explain what those words mean, or do you Yusuke/Dreams/Haters understand what that implies?

Now, as for Sora; not lasers (beams of energy, but not lasers, so can't prove lightspeed). and Genie is a Game Mechanic which requires 3 party members to use Summon (thus Sora can't do it). With Sephiroth, Sora doesn't actually win, Sephy just gets bored and tells him to go get Cloud. You fight Sephiroth, but that's the extent of it. Also because it's KH, Sephy is limited to only his feats/skills in that series. As for killing a thousand heartless, not that big a deal, really. I mean, Micky did it, and so did a bunch of others as well. And if you wanted people who killed a thousand enemies, that's pretty common. Look at Drakengard 2. Nowe kills over a thousand guys to get passed one area, and by himself. And if you've played the Onimusha series, yeah those guys would have no trouble doing it.

@ReiKai: American Heritage Dictionary on the English Language 4th Edition?

Really? I think I would take the word of Collins or Oxford over an American English Dictionary (No Offence intended) considering it is you know, an English establishment who wrote and all.

Swordsman

Pronunciation: /ˈsɔːdzmən/

noun (plural swordsmen)

• a man who fights with a sword (typically with his level of skill specified): an expert swordsman

Derivatives

Taken straight from the Oxford Dictionary. (Here is the web page if you would rather look at it yourself (The link function wont work for me at the moment I think it may be a new plugin that installed today: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/swordsman?q=Swordsman )

You should have posted something from an English institute considering American English and Modern/Old English differ in different ways my friend (Mainly over spelling but quite a few definitions are altered between the two too, such as, I would say colour while you would spell it color etc. It was mainly due to your country breaking free from our rule and you wanted to disassociate America from the UK) , and I would rather take the original English over the American English simply because it is called English for a reason.

How many times do I have to keep knocking you down before you stop getting back up? Because I have alot of time on my hands currently.

Why dont you just concede and say "Yes fine he wins" and move on to the next one which seems to be "Tenchi Masaki"

@MisterShin: Good Choice btw I was going to post him today but you beat me to it haha.

Oh and also Resonable level of intelligence? I have an IQ of 131(Not really important but I thought I would add it in anyway) and I also have an A+ Grade in my English A Level (Not to mention 2 other grades but they are not important for this). And you're the one telling me about my language?

That is just silly.

@Yusuke52: Heh, heh. Way to stick to your guns. XD

@Dream: I am only doing what needs to be done lol.

@MisterShin said:
Tenchi Masaki Swordsmen, FTL, LHWsI win :-D

We don't like each other. However, you are-

ABSOLUTELY EFFING CORRECT!!!

Like, holy god, how could no one think of Tenchi? Broken hax powers and he's TRAINED AS A SWORDSMAN! Seriously. He's not terribly good, but he's been taught how to by his grandfather for an extended period of time and is SEEN training in the series (Ryoko often watches him).
Post by ohgodwhy (1,505 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Glad we got this settled lol. At the risk of restarting a flame war though I'm going to say Super Janemba who was pretty much always shown wielding a sword, or at least what I remember of him. He also has reality manipulation powers and I'm sure I saw this in another thread but that does make him pretty damn powerful.

I don't know if you want to classify him as a swordsman or not, I don't really care to be honest lol I'm just throwing names out there.

Janemba's not a swordsman. He created a sword from an Ogre's Club, which disintegrated after a while. He has no training. He was just a punk worker at the Check-In station who got covered in millenia of negative-energy spooge. Also his reality warping was limited to the Check-In station itself. Plus Janemba started off as a giant fat yellow monster.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel