Who can stand against "D"?

Topic started by ReiKai on Nov. 14, 2011. Last post by Theorder14 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,416 posts) See mini bio Level 15

when have i ever said kyo could beat SS? please show me. i dnt even comment on threads wit comic book charaxters. if his durability is only city block lvl then a couple ppl could

Post by Fantasma (360 posts) See mini bio Level 7

This gentleman right here, could give D a run for his money... or at least an interesting match.

Post by Fantasma (360 posts) See mini bio Level 7
This guy doesn't have a lot of feats, but it sure be interesting also...
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@FormerCrimsonKing said:

when have i ever said kyo could beat SS? please show me. i dnt even comment on threads wit comic book charaxters. if his durability is only city block lvl then a couple ppl could

Oh please, don't act like people don't remember your rantings on the CBR and CBUB forums. As much as people like to pry into my exploits on other sites, I can just as easily pick them out.

Now, as for Fantasma. I like Karas. He's cool. But he can't win against "D". Donovan is cool in Darkstalker's, but unfortunately he's not up to par.
Post by Dream (7,265 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ReiKai: All right genius! Since you've been gloating for three pages now over D and you haven't budged with other folks over their characters having a shot, how about you come up with anime/ manga swordsmen in your mind that you think could fare against D?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Trunks :)

Trunks is not a swordsman. Having a sword and being a swordsman are two completely different things.

@ReiKai:

The definition of swordsman is "A man who fights with a sword". So yeah he is a swordsman (not the best, but still is)

No, that's incorrect. That's like giving a hobo with arthritis a sword and making him fight then going "He's a swordsman". If you've seen the "History of Trunks" movie, you'd know he's not a swordsman. He only picked that thing up before traveling to the past. The most he did with it was off Freeza, which is not a demonstration of skill with a sword so much as just using his speed. Like I said, there's a difference between being a swordsman and being a guy with a sword. Trunks is just a guy with a sword, That's all.

@ReiKai:

Trunks is a swordsman (the Hobo is also a swordsman to) he use a sword, that make him a swordsman

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Wbt Haru from Rave Master?

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,842 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Vergil from DMC

Possibly Dante as well!

Verg, Dante and Haru...no. Too slow, regen neg, other various reasons.

And again, for Trunks, it's still and forever will be No. He fails by the true meaning of a swordsman. It's like giving a toddler a blade and saying he's a swordsman. It's just BS and everyone knows it. Nvm he lost the sword anyway by Cell Games and didn't have it when returning to future. So, again, still not swordsman no matter how much he whines.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ReiKai: In terms of weird sword capabilities I am thinking Goemon from Lupin III but in all other stats he is outclassed.

Post by Yusuke52 (425 posts) See mini bio Level 15

A swordsman is someone who weilds a sword with a degree of proficiency, in which case anyone who is skilled with a sword could fight against him.

So I am going to say Dark Schneider since he is a very skilled swordsman with Efreet, not to mention his powerful magic as a backup and his eternal atoms (he should not need his regen with the atoms, but thats under the assumption that D can even break through Dispell Bound to begin with).

Darsh is not a swordsman, nor is he really proficient with one. The only times he used Efreet were first against Gara, and Darsh got tooled in a sword fight, and later against Arshes because he couldn't use magic at the time. Both Gara and Arshes know he's pretty much screwed without magic (at the time). Dark Schneider has been and always will be a magic using cosmic badass. But a swordsman he is not. He has no used Efreet since those events and does not rely on sword skill for anything.
@ReiKai: Gonna post this again since this thread's come back from the dead:

All right genius! Since you've been gloating for three pages now over D and you haven't budged with other folks over their characters having a shot, how about you come up with anime/ manga swordsmen in your mind that you think could fare against D?

I can quoat the Oxford English Dictionary for the definitation of Swordsman if you wish? Because most people who wield a sword with a degree of skill are classed as swordsmen and Darsh is no exception to this since he can wield it with a decent bit of skill.

Yes first and foremost he is classed as a wizard but he can still use Efreet with skill in conjunction with his magic to finish off D with little effort.

It seems that unless they use a sword exclussively then you just dismiss the character, In which case what is the point if this thread? D is a very skilled swordsman so very few exclussive swordsmen would have a chance against him (none that I know of anyway) so it only makes sence that you pick a slightly less skilled swordsman who is more powerful in other areas to match D.

I am still abiding by the rules by giving you a swordsman, so you can't dismiss him that easily

It doesn't matter if he does not rely on his sword in fights, you asked for a swordsman, someone who can wield a blade in battle and thats what I gave you. If you have a problem with that then this just seems very one sided.

@Yusuke52: Link provided.  

But don't waste your time. The fool is clearly wanking for D too much.

@Dream: I was thinking that myself...

Oh and would you look at that, the definition of swordsman on the website is the same as the one in my oxford dictionary. Who seen that coming?

Thank you for that lovely link Dream, it sheds some light on this foreign concept that is "Swordsman".

I guess Dark Schneider wins for me then. Whos up next?

Unless he is going to argue against the English Language and claim that it is also wrong when it comes to swordsmen/woman?

Because I would love to see that.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel