Who Can Match Up to Lain?

Topic started by Dream on Sept. 9, 2009. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,221 posts) See mini bio Level 20
There have been a few threads like this so I'll take a crack at this. Name any character (anime, manga, comics) that you think would be an equal match to the Goddess of the Wired, Lain Iwakura.

Lain Iwakura, Goddess of the Wired
 Lain Iwakura, Goddess of the Wired

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
  1. Haruhi
  2. GDW
  3. Dark Schneider
these are just maybes because i need more intel, is there any Mangas abt her?
My main source for this battle is the anime. Only manga I've heard of regarding Lain is a one-shot piece made by Yoshitoshi Abe. But I haven't come across it in a while. There's also the PS1 video game that was out in Japan around the time of Lain's TV airing.

As for abilities, Lain's an omnipresent being within the wired world capable of manipulating everything within it and knowing everything that takes place in it. She can warp between the real and wired worlds by making an artificial body to create a physical form for herself while in the real world. She can manipulate anything that is electric in nature like electric cords, computers, and even the memories of the human brain. She's also a reality warper as she reset reality to the point where all traces of her existence were erased and certain characters that died during the course of the series were alive and well again.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
thank you
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Dream: tiny tiny question, where does the fight take place?, the half wired world?, the normal world or wired?

if it's the normal world, lain= little girl
half wired, lain= one of a kind mind fucker
wired, lain=GOD(i mean not like the weak god of preacher)
@cfatalis: Regardless of wherever, Lain's very appearance in our world blurs reality and the Wired together. This has been stated a number of times throughout Serial Experiments Lain. It was even part of main baddie Masami Eiri's plan to exploit Lain's power for his personal gain.    
@Dream said:
" @cfatalis: Regardless of wherever, Lain's very appearance in our world blurs reality and the Wired together. This has been stated a number of times throughout Serial Experiments Lain. It was even part of main baddie Masami Eiri's plan to exploit Lain's power for his personal gain.     "
yeah and what place is this fight going to take on i mean, if it's haruhi in haruhi's world  it will be a kinda blinking each other into non-existence, but haruhi  would win, different story all togeher if it's on lain's world
ds:cannot be blinked out of reality(judas pain)
ayato(rahkephon): same thing he is god now 
alucard:again he exist outside of time frame
haseo/kite: in their game they were anomaly, which can fight with a program designed to delete the game
any type-monn characther that have reality chaning marbe phantasm: zeltrech, archer, and so on

@cfatalis: Only one I can't see holding up is Haseo/Kite. His Data Draining abilities are limited to anything that takes place in the World and Lain could just kill off his body in the real world using the computer equipment Haseo is using to connect to the World since Lain's influence can extend to both the wired and real worlds. Or with the game being just data, she could simply wipe out the World with a mere thought.

@Dream said:
"

@cfatalis: Only one I can't see holding up is Haseo/Kite. His Data Draining abilities are limited to anything that takes place in the World and Lain could just kill off his body in the real world using the computer equipment Haseo is using to connect to the World since Lain's influence can extend to both the wired and real worlds. Or with the game being just data, she could simply wipe out the World with a mere thought.

"
the thing is , cubia was made to delete the world,considering both kite and haseo defeat it, make them another anomaly, in the system, but if you put it that way, haseo has little to no chance, basically to defeat a god (in this case lain, the teenager girl realitiy warping world controlling goddess ), we basically need another good, possibly a better one
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7

ha,ha ME
@lordhaseo: well yes, you the emo kid who like older women and accidently granted great power
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel