Who can defeat thanos?

Topic started by SSJjanemba on Sept. 15, 2012. Last post by jeanroygrant 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Lina inverse powered by LON.

Post by Fehafare (9,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Killer_of_trolls: That would be his adoptive mother... one of the shit tires of the series.

http://deadliestfictionalwarrior.wikispaces.com/Battler+Ushiromiya

Should give you an idea.

Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I think the spectre can take thanos out

Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Odin.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ReiKai said:

Classic Doc, still no. And Reality Warping =/= Overpowering Death. Thanos himself already has some reality-warping powers and used them to force his way into the Realm of All Gods where only the universal abstracts like Eternity, Death and such can go.

Thanos without IG or HOTU gets rolled hard by Anyone above Skyfather IMO. He lost to Odin in comics already who is not anywhere near classic Dr Strange. Thanos had trouble with Odin, while Strange was fighting and defeating universal abstracts like the Inbetweener. Thanos would get crushed by Classic Strange without much difficulty at all. Thanos may be immune to death by that doesn't mean He can't get his ass kicked.

Post by ReiKai (3,516 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Classic Strange was losing to Loki and only survived because Loki was distracted while fighting off Thor. Classic Strange w/o Prep fails miserably to Thanos. Strange's defenses are nothing against an assault from Thanos. And, really, the fact you say any Skyfather could beat Thanos is utter folly. Thanos IS SKyfather level. You think not beating Odin means he loses to just anyone? Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. Odin sits at the very Top of the Skyfather category. Thanos, at the Time, was a notch below him.

Beating In-B is meaningless. Thanos has done so. And regardless of a boon given, In-B will automatically fail if his actions will upset the cosmic balance controlled by Lord Chaos and Master Order. Basically, killing Strange would upset this balance, so there was no way In-B could actually win since his only purpose is to preserve that balance.

Thanos knocked off an entity that Eternity couldn't do anything about. Strange, and pretty much everyone else on Marvel Earth, are just game pieces to Thanos. They only move in ways he plans for them to move, regardless of what they think. If Thanos wants to win a gambit, then he wins. Period. When he Doesn't want to win, he will engineer the means by which the Heroes can defeat him. Warlock, Vision and others have stated time and again, that if Thanos didn't want to lose, none of them would still be around.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@ReiKai said:

Classic Strange was losing to Loki and only survived because Loki was distracted while fighting off Thor. Classic Strange w/o Prep fails miserably to Thanos. Strange's defenses are nothing against an assault from Thanos. And, really, the fact you say any Skyfather could beat Thanos is utter folly. Thanos IS SKyfather level. You think not beating Odin means he loses to just anyone? Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. Odin sits at the very Top of the Skyfather category. Thanos, at the Time, was a notch below him.

Beating In-B is meaningless. Thanos has done so. And regardless of a boon given, In-B will automatically fail if his actions will upset the cosmic balance controlled by Lord Chaos and Master Order. Basically, killing Strange would upset this balance, so there was no way In-B could actually win since his only purpose is to preserve that balance.

Thanos knocked off an entity that Eternity couldn't do anything about. Strange, and pretty much everyone else on Marvel Earth, are just game pieces to Thanos. They only move in ways he plans for them to move, regardless of what they think. If Thanos wants to win a gambit, then he wins. Period. When he Doesn't want to win, he will engineer the means by which the Heroes can defeat him. Warlock, Vision and others have stated time and again, that if Thanos didn't want to lose, none of them would still be around.

Thanos is barely above skyfather without IG or HOTU, Strange was knocking around people amped by Living Tribunal before it was popular. You have no idea how ridiculous Classic Strange was if you think Thanos could take him, it's an absolute stomp for strange not even in question. Thanos being the avatar of death does not mean he can't be bfr'd Ko'ed etc.

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Moon=Millenniummon, maybe Dialga and Palkia if the two cooperate?
He seems to believe Strange does this all under his own power and ignores the fact that Strange has a half-dozen magical artifacts he keeps on his person at all times to amplify his magic and/or enable him to do things without casting them. Nvm that he is constantly calling upon the Outside Power of the Vishantii to perform a number of his more major feats and required Permission from Eternity to use his power.

Saying "Thanos is weak without an outside source" is instantly turned back on Strange and saying "Strange is a Normal Man without calling on outside sources for his magic".
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai: this is true. if in a naked mud-fight, Thanos would dominate Stephan. TEEHEE.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If you mean the most powerful version of thanos then he obviously roflstomps the entire multiverse. Toon force wouldn't even be able to stop that insta wipe.

Post by Hendersonfiles (6 posts) See mini bio Level 3

The Avengers kicked Thanos' ass

As for who can beat Thanos

Current DCnU Superman was shown benching weight equal to the Earth for five days, he would one shot Thanos

Both DCnU Darkseid and Helspont are stronger than DCnU Superman, they would one shot Thanos

Alan Scott, Eclipso, Obsidian, Dr Fate, Flash, Zoom etc...would steamroll Thanos

Post by taichokage (13,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
None of those guys could beat Thanos I'm afraid. Just look at the rest of the thread. Plenty more evidence to suggest otherwise. Superman benching earth is awesome. It Hulk has shattered an object twice the size of earth. Thor has shattered planets and even sent Glactus fleeing and so on. Yet these guys continue to fail against the Avatar of Death. Even Odin couldnt kill him.

@taichokage said:

None of those guys could beat Thanos I'm afraid. Just look at the rest of the thread. Plenty more evidence to suggest otherwise. Superman benching earth is awesome. It Hulk has shattered an object twice the size of earth. Thor has shattered planets and even sent Glactus fleeing and so on. Yet these guys continue to fail against the Avatar of Death. Even Odin couldnt kill him.

Yeah...you're an idiot. If you knew anything about these characters, Alan Scott and Obsidian are Galactus level beings..they'd blink and Thanos would die. Flash or Zoom would jack his speed than bombard him with IMP's before he could blink.

Hulk shattred an asteroid twice the size of Earth because he was launched into using propellent rocket springs. His body was used as a missile and it had nothing to do with his own strength

Thor has shattered a planet that the size of someone's back yard

Superman held up weight equal to the Earth for five days, that strength feat puts him above Thor, Hulk and Thanos combined

Eclipso killed the fucking Spectre in Rise of Eclipso

Most importantly I just showed Thanos getting the pissed kicked out of him by the Avengers including Captain America

Thanos = joke, there are thousands of characters that could kill him with ease. The Avatar of Death who went down after 5 hits, was on his knees bleeding like a bitch.

Next time dont talk about something you're clearly uneducated about

Nice. I see you are not open to a real discussion. I won't bother replying if you attack me from the get go. Whether or not I know what I'm talking about is no reason for that. For the record Odin is around that Glactus level you speak of. In an alternate reality they fought and double ko'ed each other. And as I said, Odin could not kill Thanos.

@taichokage said:

Nice. I see you are not open to a real discussion. I won't bother replying if you attack me from the get go. Whether or not I know what I'm talking about is no reason for that. For the record Odin is around that Glactus level you speak of. In an alternate reality they fought and double ko'ed each other. And as I said, Odin could not kill Thanos.

Odin isn';t around Galactus' level

Want proof?

Odin, Vishnu and Zeus put all of their power into the Destroyer armor, the Celestials reduced it to slag

Galactus and Franklin were killing Celestials in the FF Forever Arc

Therefore Eclipso>>>Galactus, Alan, Obsidian,>>Celestials>>>>Superman who can hold up the entire Earth for five days>>>Bendis' Avengers>>>Thanos

I'm clearly more educated on comics then you are, cut your losses and don't talk to someone clearly superior to you

Lol.

Facts are funny aren't they. Tell ya what, when Thanos stops getting pwned by Bendis' Avengers, and maybe when you actually pick up a comic, then you can talk to me.

The hard way is the only way they'll listen.

Yeah, it;s funny how Thanos admitted that his attack did nothing more than piss Galactus off

All he did was knock Galactus on his ass, fucking Ben Grimm has knocked G on his ass

Rei Kai you are a joke dude. I remember you from years ago on Electric Ferret. Then I remember people humiliating you on Comicvine before you tucked your tail between your legs and ran here, a site full of morons that have never touched a comic in their lives, so you could lie to their faces and post out of context garbage also.

It's sad that even after all these years you still lie, embelish and wank the hell out of Thanos.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel