Who can defeat thanos?

Topic started by SSJjanemba on Sept. 15, 2012. Last post by jeanroygrant 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by YouFinished (1,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ReiKai said:
And I've seen Ghost Rider kill Doc Strange and one of the Magic Deities needing to revive him because of it (so much for Strange taking on Thanos if GR is putting Strange down).
You mean the time he PR'd Strange? PIS moment, Stephen was no selling  it at one point.  Strange is still taking this.
Post by ReiKai (3,530 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Strange has already lost to Thanos, along with the entire team of Avengers. Multiple times. So, once more, No.
@ReiKai: Really? Cause he was able to restrain Thanos and Silver Surfer with little effort.
You're pulling it from when Strange is in the Sanctum Sanctorum, which only amplifies his magical status and abilities. In other words; It's complete bullshit.

Not only is it complete and utter garbage PIS BS, but we already have established canon that has Thanos easily beating the shit out of the Surfer. So, really, there wouldn't be a conflict. Thanos would slap him down as he's done before and be done with it.
We're also fully aware that there isn't anyone in that room even remotely capable of restraining Thanos.
And, btw, knocking Thanos on his butt while he's Distracted by something else, isn't the same thing as Restraining him. Mantis has knocked Thanos on his ass using martial skills. Know what happened next? He killed that part of her in a blast wave along with everything else for miles.

Thanos can kill everyone in that room and they're all aware of it. Warlock has already been killed by Thanos once before. And, btw, in "Celestial Quest", strange along with other Avengers were all just Pawns in Thanos' game to destroy the Omega. Everything Strange threw at it was utterly worthless. It was Thanos' cunning and intellect that lead to its death. Strange was nothing more than a piece to be moved.
Post by BlastCore9 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@ReiKai said:

Nothing in that said they escaped, only that they will be coming back. And since you haven't shown anything that actually shows them escaping or has any of the three (Nova, Starlord and Thanos) explaining their escape, you really have nothing to go on. Also, being the Senior VP of Publishing doesn't mean shit. Tom Brevoort isn't writing the story. So until Jim Starlin or at least one of the more Major Thanos writers comes out to explain shit to people, you have nothing that says that that's the actual Thanos. You have one instance of piss poor writing. I have decades of canon feats and story to back me. Which includes Thanos clones. And since you can't definitively prove that that is the Real Thanos, then really, don't even bother. Anyone can throw a Low-End showing. I've seen Specter dropped on his ass by Superman and Wonder Woman (Cosmic Omnipotence my ass). And I've seen Ghost Rider kill Doc Strange and one of the Magic Deities needing to revive him because of it (so much for Strange taking on Thanos if GR is putting Strange down).

LMAO All the excuses in the world. Jim Starlin didn't right the Thanos Imperative either so I guess that doesn't count then right? I'll take Tom Brevoort's word over some guy who has an obvious boner for Thanos. He said their coming back, and so far he's been correct. Nova has been back in Avengers vs Xmen, and Thanos has been back in Avengers Assembled and the only defense you have is "omg it's teh clonez!!" without any evidence, give me a break.

You have decades of canon feats and stories, I bet most of them are out of context. You probably think that Thor was actually in Warrior Madness when he fought Thanos with the power gem, I bet you think that Thanos withstood Thor's blast 100x in Jurgens run also. Wank harder son

Post by BlastCore9 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

As for this fight, who can beat Thanos? Basically anyone who can resist telepathy and can beat Thor, Hulk and Iron Man at the same time, since Thanos himself needed help from the Zodiac to combat the Avengers.

@ReiKai: How do you know its in the Sanctum and why don't you just state in the first place? I'm sorry Reikai, but I thought you'd learn by now I'm not just going to take your word for it, you simply lie and make false assumptions to much. And it doesn't make it bullshit, he did it with little effort, never mind scratch that, no effort. He doesn't even chant a spell. Nothing says he couldn't replicate the feat even if it was the Sanctum.   

Bringing up Surfer vs Thanos is completely irrelevant,  all the scan shows is Thanos throwing a punch and Surfer missing a shoot due to said punch then they're both on their asses. Him back handing Hulk and fighting Mantis is also irrelevant, meaning none of it takes away from the feat nor does it help Thanos in this battle against an opponent far superior to all of them.
Post by jeanroygrant (50 posts) See mini bio Level 6
  1. Rune King Thor or King Thor
  2. Odin
  3. Zeus
  4. Zoom
  5. Wally West
  6. The Runner
  7. Galactus
  8. The Stranger
  9. Black Flash
  10. Mr.Majestic?
Post by DBZ_universe (15,741 posts) See mini bio Level 17

What about Yoshimori Sumimura? with his Shinkai?

Post by autoexit173 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 3

*SPOILERS* for new Dragon Ball fans.

As we know the manga is the Japanese version of comic books. The world of manga is a little bizarre with different creatures

living on planet Earth. In our own reality we only see organic life forms such as sea creatures, land animals such as Apes,

Monkeys, Tigers and Lions, etc... With technology humans have build synthetics to help advance the human form.

So comparing different timelines and universes will be difficult if we don't have ground rules. Once we have the ground rules

comparing different fighters from different earth's will be easy.

The only way to determine who will win the fight is by using 3 main criteria;

1. Earth as a reference.

2. The fighter’s strengths and weakness as a reference.

3. Opponents strengths.

*SUPER VEGETTO*

---------------------------------

1. Earth is Earth.

2. Vegetto is the fused warrior created from fusing Goku (SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3) and Vegeta (SSJ1, SSJ2) using the potarra earrings.

Kid Goku easily destroyed the whole Red Ribbon Army in the Dragonball sagas. Hello...? If we watch any Hulk movies or the Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heros, Hulk destroys the U.S armies, but any missile attacks from tanks or helicopters was known to have an effect on Hulk. Goku was a little kid and he single handily destroyed the entire Red army. Yeah, yeah i know Goku and the manga looks childish, but if we use the earth as a reference point, armies and bullets are still armies and bullets.

Goku before turning into SSJ1 was training in 100x Earths gravity.

SSJ1 Goku easily defeats 100% Full Power Frieza and could have easily kill him, but Goku was too soft.

SSJ2 Gohan killed 100% Self Destructive Cell. SSJ2 Goku was said to be way stronger due to his harsh training.

SSJ3 Goku when fresh was stated that can generate enough power to wipe every single cell of Kid Boo.

So when Goku and Vegeta fused, Vegetto was so powerful that he had no equal in the DBZ universe.

Unofficially Vegetto could have transformed into SSJ2 or SSJ3.

Official we never saw any destruction from Vegetto, we cannot measure Vegetto real power because his goal was not to destroy Super Boo (w/Gohan), but his goal was too make Boo so mad that Boo would use the absorption technique.

One thing is true and that is in the manga and anime ALL OF Super Boo (w/Gohan) attacks, energy blasts, technique was USELESS on Vegetto. Totally useless. Even with Boo regeneration ability Vegetto's attacks was powerful enough to cause Boo trouble regenerate himself.

But if we use common sense and jump straight to criteria "3" - Opponents strengths.

Frieza was officially known for easily destroying planets with a single finger.

Cell easily generated enough power to wipe the Earth.

Kid Boo in the manga easily destroys planets and all the life force and warriors.

Not to mention the Supreme Kai's which was suppose to be rulers of each Quadrant of the universe was basically helpless against Kid Boo (Original).

Super Boo (Evil Boo Absorbing Fat Boo)

Now i admit i don't know too much about Thanos besides the information page Marvel has on him. On paper it seems Galactus is the most unstoppable villain, but guess what in the comic books and anime, Fantastic Four stopped him, Thanos stopped him. So when it comes to practicality Galactus is a pile of crap only good useful in the comics.

If the universe did create something Galactus, everything should be destroyed. No bloody excuses.

Bugs Bunny would STOMP Thanos...

Thanos will attack Bugs, then Bugs is gone and Thanos is like *Yeah I showed that silly wabbit who's boss!* then he looks to the right and Bugs holding a hammer the size of the Omniverse and says *What's up Doc?* then slams it on Thanos and the end..

Toon force FTW!

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

been those of times lol!

Post by Sonata (35,514 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DBZ_universe said:

Thanos will attack Bugs, then Bugs is gone and Thanos is like *Yeah I showed that silly wabbit who's boss!* then he looks to the right and Bugs holding a hammer the size of the Omniverse and says *What's up Doc?* then slams it on Thanos and the end..

Toon force FTW!

Squirrel Girl beat Bugs to it:P

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Toon force FTW!

Squirrel Girl beat Bugs to it:P

Yes she did... lol

Same with the cops! XD

Post by leofull (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SSJjanemba: This isn't a battle. Flagged.

Post by precon_beyonder (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@jeanroygrant said:

1. Rune King Thor or King Thor
  2. Odin
  3. Zeus
  4. Zoom
  5. Wally West
  6. The Runner
  7. Galactus
  8. The Stranger
  9. Black Flash
  10. Mr.Majestic?

this

also to add more thar can beat him:

current silver surfer (slight chance)

superman prime

darkseid

monarch

Dr. doom w/ prep

any elder gods

imperiex

classic adam warlock

lord Marvel

classic dr. strange

grandmaster

marquis of death

mephisto

HoM scarlet witch

post-retcon beyonder

cosmic cubu molecule man

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@YouFinished said:

@ReiKai: Really? Cause he was able to restrain Thanos and Silver Surfer with little effort.

You are seriously taking that scan out of context. He didn't restrain anyone. Adam WARLOK just asked him to break up the ruckus so they would listen. To give a loose analogy: It's no different than a wimpy guy distracting a bar fight by yelling "STOOOOOOOOOP!". I've read that issue.

Howeva! Thanos without preping specifically for Strange should not be able to beat him. If this was a prep battle Thanos would win, so Strange wins in a random encounter.

Except Strange has been KO'd by a Thanosi clone, and Thanos himself has dealt with mystics before. In fact, he literally bitchsmacked Ganymede unconscious with a backhand before going up against Tyrant. During Celestial Quest, one of Mantis' other selves was a powerful mystic and had the strength and experience of the few others of herself Thanos had killed moments earlier. He still utterly stomped her. 

It wasn't until a complete Mantis as the Celestial Madonna could actually stand up and survive Thanos' assault, to which all Thanos said "You are too powerful for me to easily kill." Meaning, he could still kill her, only he'd have to start trying. But he didn't bother because that's not what he was after to begin with.

Random Encounter, Strange doesn't have the time to use any big spells before Thanos flattens him. It's that simple. Strange would need complete one-sided prep to gain a victory. On their own, there's no hero in the MU that can compete with Thanos, and that's already been proven on multiple occasions.

And, btw, throwing out a list of names doesn't mean they beat Thanos. In fact, Thanos beat Post-Retcon Beyonder, and has outmatched Grandmaster, and killed Classic Adam. Mephisto outside of his own realm isn't that powerful.
Post by Fehafare (9,515 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Ushiromiya Battler or any Witch or Sorcerer on his level or above.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fehafare said:

Ushiromiya Battler or any Witch or Sorcerer on his level or above.

Whoe is that?if this is Kyrie Ushiromiya, her OBD doesn't look too promising.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel