Who can defeat thanos?

Topic started by SSJjanemba on Sept. 15, 2012. Last post by jeanroygrant 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Even Thanos knows he can't beat his best creation, O-MEGA!

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH said:

First thing's first; Strange is not beating Thanos.

But there are dozens of characters I could name who are up to the task of beating or even wiping out Thanos.

To name but a few:

Kami Tenchi

TOAA

Lucifer Morningstar

Fully-powered Galactus

Rune King Thor

The Phoenix Force

Mr Mxyz

PR Molecule Man

COIE Anti-Monitor

Lord of Nightmares

Tyrant

Franklin Richards (adult)

Full-power Spectre.

Classic Strange can beat a few of those. Dude stomped In-betweener after LT said he gave IB a massive power-up, and right after tanked a few hits from LT(sure he said he was holding back, but it's LT, and don't forget the fight from before with out rest).

Post by 100Rings (113 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Kurohige: look at the last villain...thanos is fried! xD

and of course my last statement was an overstatement...i think! xD

Post by taichokage (12,500 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Strange defending against LT was by far one of the most impressive feats ever, but of course Strange was unable to do anything to him.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Killer_of_trolls said:

Even Thanos knows he can't beat his best creation, O-MEGA!

Not in a straight up fight at the time. But the Omega was also incomplete and Thanos withstood its onslaught long enough to put pieces into place, dumped the Omega on a world made entirely of fissionable matter, teleported everyone else off it and had a fleet of ships he remote controlled to bombard the Omega and the planet causing a massive chain reaction which exploded in unfathomable energies that the Omega could've fed on if it 'd had its spacecraft to convert the energy, but that was the first thing Thanos had taken out of the picture.

But really, Strange beating people he has no business beating is major PIS. Like SMvFL (Spider-Man vs Firelord). We know there is no chance of him winning, yet the writers made him win anyway, because they didn't know any better. We've seen it happen. Like Ka-Zarr tricking Thanos into a volcano to beat him, which is rectonned as a clone later because of how stupid it was.

Tyrant isn't beating Thanos anymore. Tyrant could barely even hurt him when they fought. Thanos had said that if Tyrant had been given the chance, he Could have beaten Thanos. Not that he would. And that was more than a decade ago. Current Thanos can't be hurt anymore, except by those of the upper Cosmic class.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

With the infinity gauntlet? The only ones I can think of are, Superman Prime, The Living Tribunal, Anti-Monitor, and the Spectre (although I'm sure there's more.)

Without? Darkseid, Superboy Prime, Odin Force Thor, Lord Marvel, Galactus, Silver Age Superman, Silver Age Green Lantern, and uh.... That's all I can think of right now.

Let me make this clear on your thoughts of Superman.

@ReiKai: When I said Superman, I meant Superman Prime, The golden one that spent thousands of years in the sun.

As for without the infinity gauntlet, I've never seen anything that makes him be able to stand up to someone who can pull entire solar systems, but I guess I might be wrong.

Post by Kurohige (3,679 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ReiKai: You must really like Thanos... which makes you awesome, I agree with the Superman thing, however I do wonder how he would fair against prime one million I mean without the infinity gauntlet or any other power up Thanos is considerably less powerful, that and the loss of Death. And what version of Thanos are we using for this? All Thanos' or just current or classic? Because without the IG I don't know how he takes universal threats at least without PIS/

Solar-system pull was PC-Superman. Also, meaningless. Thanos takes on Skyfathers, Before being made the Avatar of Death. Now he can will universes to die. Prime-Supes isn't even up to par. You'd need that Cosmic Armor BS to compete now.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Bugs Bunny...

@ReiKai: I did say Silver Age, not Pre-Crisis. But alright then.

What about One million? Do you think he could take him without the gauntlet?

Unless this is a Cosmically Powered Superman, ie w/ Sword of Superman or Cosmic Armor, Superman loses. That's been long well established.
Post by Kurohige (3,679 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ReiKai: I thought he lost the ability to just insta kill anyone?

I don't see why he would lose it. I haven't seen him come back from the end of Imperative yet. Far as I'm aware he's still Death's Avatar and effectively has power over anything that can die. The only reason I can suspect why he left Nova and Starlord alive to "fight him" while the Cancer-verse was collapsing was to, in effect, halt the collapse by there still be Life in that universe. It's not like they could actually do anything to stop him. Lord Mar-Vell killed Adam Magus without effort, and Thanos stomped him. 

The only reason Thanos didn't kill Lord Mar-Vell was because he needed to trick him into trying to 'kill' Thanos with the ritual he used to kill Death in the cancer-verse, thus reversing its effects and restoring Death, which exponentially increased Thanos' power as her avatar and allowed him to snuff out all life in the universe.
Post by BlastCore9 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Seriously? Alot of people

Thanos is no longer at the levels he was during Thanos Imperative. He's in Avengers Assemble now. He needed to mind control Hulk in order to fight Thor and Iron Man off.

Hell in Avengers Assemble 7 he needed a cosmic cube to kill the Elders of the Universe. Abstract level my ass

He lost control of the Cosmic Cube 3 panels later

The Thanos wanking here is ridiculous, dude is not that powerful. I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off when the Avengers or the GoG kick Thanos' ass in a few issues.

Clone. That's all it is. Because has already bitchsmacked the Elders easily before, and can deal with Hulk, Iron-Man and Thor easily. Oh and has used the CC to become Eternity-level. So yeah, that's another Thanosi clone left over and the real Thanos is still in the dead Cancer-verse.
Post by BlastCore9 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@ReiKai said:

Clone. That's all it is. Because has already bitchsmacked the Elders easily before, and can deal with Hulk, Iron-Man and Thor easily. Oh and has used the CC to become Eternity-level. So yeah, that's another Thanosi clone left over and the real Thanos is still in the dead Cancer-verse.

Tom Brevoort confirms Thanos, Nova and Starlord escape the Cancerverse, in fact Nova was in that cesspit known as Avengers vs Xmen

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/marvel-fears-thanos-tom-brevoort-mad-titan

Try again

Nothing in that said they escaped, only that they will be coming back. And since you haven't shown anything that actually shows them escaping or has any of the three (Nova, Starlord and Thanos) explaining their escape, you really have nothing to go on. Also, being the Senior VP of Publishing doesn't mean shit. Tom Brevoort isn't writing the story. So until Jim Starlin or at least one of the more Major Thanos writers comes out to explain shit to people, you have nothing that says that that's the actual Thanos.

You have one instance of piss poor writing. I have decades of canon feats and story to back me. Which includes Thanos clones. And since you can't definitively prove that that is the Real Thanos, then really, don't even bother. Anyone can throw a Low-End showing. I've seen Specter dropped on his ass by Superman and Wonder Woman (Cosmic Omnipotence my ass). And I've seen Ghost Rider kill Doc Strange and one of the Magic Deities needing to revive him because of it (so much for Strange taking on Thanos if GR is putting Strange down).
Post by taichokage (12,500 posts) See mini bio Level 20
But Ghost Rider has had a lot of ridiculous trumping and PIS feats like Strange has. Alternate reality versions of Ghost Rider have PS'd (penance stared) Galactus to defeat. He also beat the Hulk with relative ease. Earlier incarnations were not much above street level. I have a classic issue where he spent the whole chapter chasing a fodder villain on a motorbike. And the guy would have escaped were it not for a train that ultimately smashed into him. As with many characters now, writers nowadays trump the hell out of a character with no exaltation despite consistent past showings for years.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel