Who can defeat thanos?

Topic started by SSJjanemba on Sept. 15, 2012. Last post by jeanroygrant 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kurohige: the dbz inspired sketches in that character design(the pics you posted) is soooo freagin obvious.

also, you can tell death enjoys DP more cause she starts dressing sexy for him(like bekenis). wait what did i just say.

Post by Acura_Max (2,326 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Squirrel Girl

Post by Kurohige (3,701 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Killer_of_trolls: Well in all fairness DBZ came out only two years before Jojo but yeah the sketches do look kinda similar. Still an great read though :D and I never found death that attractive but that's just me :3

Post by ohgodwhy (1,525 posts) See mini bio Level 11

TOAA, Living Tribunal, Kami Tenchi. So basically anyone who can affect all universes/ true gods.

Post by 100Rings (113 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Solaris and Enerjak PWN RAPES Thanos!!!

Right along with all the rest of fiction in general! xD

Enerjak
Enerjak
Solaris
Solaris

@100Rings said:

I sure hope you are exaugerateing there, because you are wrong. TOAA beats them easily, he is the only character yet on writer level. He basically is the top of battle forums. Those 2 can't even beat Lord Of Nightmares, let alone pre-retconned Molecule-Man.

@100Rings said:

sure hope you're joking. Otherwise, I am forced to kill you.

@100Rings: LOL, the guy was said to be functionally omnipotent and said to be able to do anything just by thinking of it, he had a lot of powers like matter manipulation and such however do you know how many characters especially in Marvel and DC that have that whole "I can do anything by thinking about it"?

Post by nishi99 (1,638 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Anti Spiral

Post by ReiKai (3,509 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Anti-Spiral is only about universal destruction level. Other than that, no real match for Thanos.

And btw, L-Sama (Lord of Nightmares) is TOAA level. She beats up her own writer and ties him to the bathroom toilet, then has Minion S (Shabaranigdo) make sure he doesn't go anywhere.
Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
The OP is asking can someone beat Thanos not kill him and Thanos being the AoD doesn't mean he can't be knocked out, restrained or simply overpowered. Classic Strange should be enough.
Classic Doc was having  hard time with Loki. So, once more, no. Thanos had studied the occult centuries before Stephen Strange was ever born. Thanos -can- use magic, he just has no need to, because he has a host of other powers and abilities. Which, btw, can enable him to kill the Doc with one punch. Why do you think entire teams of Avengers can't get the job done?
@ReiKai: Strange having trouble with Loki was PIS. He has plethora of other feats that proves that fight was bad writing like defeating Death twice and stalemating Adam Warlock with IG.
Can't really Beat Death, you can cheat her, but not win. And again you're pulling from the What If series. I've read it. Those're non-canon. Nvm that Warlock isn't out to beat or kill Doc Strange anyway, and the fact that the Doc couldn't pull the same shenanigans when Thanos had the IG, even with the aid of Warlock, Surfer, Dr Doom, Hulk, Thor, the X-Men and Avengers, Quasar and many others.

Highest Canon feat Strange has is when Eternity allowed Strange to be his Avatar. That's it.
@ReiKai: How did he not win? He came back to life. And as many times as I've seen those scans your the first to say its from What If, could you possibly provide an issue #? and Thanos wit the IG is irrelevant to this thread. 

By the way, Strange becoming AoE puts him at universe level which allowed to defeat Death and is far above anything Thanos can do. Also, your forgetting his other feats like resisting a spell from the Living Tribunal, fixing every planet in the universe at once, and defeating a hungry Galactus. That's not even all of them and if you wants scans check the link in my previous post. Strange is taking this.

@YouFinished: I gotta hand this to Strange as well, he is kinda underestimated, he may not be a god but the guy is up their among some of the strongest characters in Marvel and in some cases all of fiction. If all it takes is to simply beat Thanos then I give it to him

The only way Strange could ever beat Thanos on his own was if Strange had Lots and LOTS of Solo Prep. Meaning Thanos has None and Strange has unlimited time to do what he needs to do. In which case, never gonna happen. Thanos with prep is unstoppable. Thanos w/o Prep is still damn near unstoppable anyway. Know what it too to calm down a butt-ass naked, madder than Hulk, raging reborn Thanos in Imperative? A Cosmic Cube and three Xavier-level Telepaths. Moondragon among them. Who, when corrupted by a Thanosi clone, all but stalemated Doc Strange in a duel.
@ReiKai: First off, Strange doesn't need prep time he has feats that proves he could win without it and if he wanted prep  he can get it via time manipulation. Secondly, the Cosmic Cube was held by the likes of Starlord and the three telepaths were Cosmo, Mantis, and Moondragon whom don't have the feats to put them anywhere near Xavier's level .By the way it didn't just "calm him down" it knocked him out. And Moondragon stalemating Strange? Strange beat her. And I'm still waiting for the What If issue#.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,156 posts) See mini bio Level 10

First thing's first; Strange is not beating Thanos.

But there are dozens of characters I could name who are up to the task of beating or even wiping out Thanos.

To name but a few:

Kami Tenchi

TOAA

Lucifer Morningstar

Fully-powered Galactus

Rune King Thor

The Phoenix Force

Mr Mxyz

PR Molecule Man

COIE Anti-Monitor

Lord of Nightmares

Tyrant

Franklin Richards (adult)

Full-power Spectre.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@100Rings said:

sure hope you're joking. Otherwise, I am forced to kill you.

LOL!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel