Whitebeard vs Captain Yamamoto

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on May 31, 2011. Last post by Jinbeifan1 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,140 posts) See mini bio Level 14

speed equal, WB as described about in his prime battle in Marine Ford 

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Jinbeifan1
captain yamaji due to versatility
@FormerCrimsonKing: hmm, that may not be a factor much in this fight but its possible for him. but remember in his prime, WB had good use in mantra and would see even when an ally attacks him from behind like nothing.
@Jinbeifan1
haki wont allow him to see whats going to happen when yamamoto releases his shikai, it reads movements my seeing through the opponent's intentions not see the future or the effects of using attacks other than physical attacks
@FormerCrimsonKing: I understand that but... whats that got to do with it? lol when u say versitile whatcha mean?
@Jinbeifan1
what i meant was: all whitebeard has is his quakes, experience & spear, yamamoto has kido, flight, melee combat skills, sword techniques, a shikai, & experience....honestly, i dont see whitebeard tanking yamamoto's Number One: Nadegiri
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Yama should take this.
Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Whitebeard should easily win this. 
He is above admiral level and has haki. 
If speed was not equal it would be a definite win for whitebeard. 

Whitebeard tilted an Island and then proceeded to split it apart. 
Quake-Quake destroys Yama.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
A high level binding spell+Spirit Crush(or) that spell that locks you in a coffin and distorts time/space is all Yama needs to do here. 
Experience? WB is just a kid for Yama who has an experience of around 2,000 years...
@MisterShin
wrong, yamaji is above admiral lvl as well, speed unequal wouldnt make no difference, his island splitters can easily be dodged...yamaji can fly and spam
Post by The_Immortal_Watch_Dog (211 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@FormerCrimsonKing said:
@MisterShin: wrong, yamaji is above admiral lvl as well, speed unequal wouldnt make no difference, his island splitters can easily be dodged...yamaji can fly and spam
really? those new feats changed things for bleach that much? I remember threads where yamaji was pretty much considered  a non issue to guys like whitebeard
Post by taichokage (12,478 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@The_Immortal_Watch_Dog said:
@FormerCrimsonKing said:
@MisterShin: wrong, yamaji is above admiral lvl as well, speed unequal wouldnt make no difference, his island splitters can easily be dodged...yamaji can fly and spam
really? those new feats changed things for bleach that much? I remember threads where yamaji was pretty much considered  a non issue to guys like whitebeard
Yamaji is well above admiral level. He should take this. There isn't much Shirohige could do if Yamaji put him in a binding spell then unleashed any number of very powerful assaults on him. Yamaji flies and tanked a multi city buster attack point blank. He also casually engulfs battlefield with his zanpakutou. Just his aura is monstrous. Take a look.

That gigantic pillar of flame instantly incinerating multiple city blocks is his aura and he is capable of much larger scale attacks.

Not to say that Whitebeard isn't monstrous himself

Here he is tipping an island with his double quake. But it would not do much to the flying Yamamoto.

And here is a feat of an injured Whitebeard's physical strength

Here he is stopping a large ship dead in it's tracks with one hand.

But Yamaji has some impressive physical strength as well. 

Here he is punching Wonderweiss part way across a city with a punch.

They are both very powerful but Yamamoto should take this due to much greater versatility.
Post by The_Immortal_Watch_Dog (211 posts) See mini bio Level 9
yeah if he gets that mega nuke off I can see it
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yamma can fly, and tanked his own multi city buster 

^WB was killed by much much less.  

Yamma takes it due to superior firepower, speed, durability, and versatility. 
The quake fruit is all but useless against a faster, airborne opponent who can blast you into oblivion. 
@hitsusatsu11: a few things 
1 WB died due to direct hits from lava, lasers, guns, swords and many other things, including injuries from his whole life, it was definitly not much less
2 WB's Quake is more powerful than Yama's zanpakto, it is powerfu; but it is not felt around the world like WB's quakes are 
3 speed is equal
Post by YouFinished (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I say Cap. Yama wins but mostly because he can fly. WB should have better destructive output and be faster but speed is equal. Their durability should be about the same. Flight is the only advantage Yama has and its big.  
@Jinbeifan1

1 WB died due to direct hits from lava, lasers, guns, swords and many other things, including injuries from his whole life, it was definitly not much less
2 WB's Quake is more powerful than Yama's zanpakto, it is powerfu; but it is not felt around the world like WB's quakes are 
3 speed is equal

1 It was quite a bit less, since we have casual displays of Yamma's power being in the multi city block level, and direct statements saying he tanked a city++ blast. Much more than WB, the damage he took we cannot quantify and it is certainly less than what Yamma took. 
2 No, WB's quakes may be more widespread, but Yamma's attacks are more concentrated and powerful (as well as pretty wide range) 
3 Its fortunate for WB then. 
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I think Yamm should have no problems winning this actually
@hitsusatsu11: yamma didnt have half of his face melted off and 2 holes in his chest yet still continued to fight while he had these injuries. hiis quakes do great direct damage. of coarse it wouldnt take yamamoto out in one hit hes to strong for that but a few good ones would do the trick
@Jinbeifan1: Yamma directly absorbed the damage soak of a multi city buster, WB's quakes can do great damage to islands, mountains, ect. but I don't believe they are accurate or concentrated enough to take out Yamma. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel