Which is the strongest character in DBZ that Piccolo can beat?

Topic started by st0nnec0ld on Oct. 28, 2012. Last post by debeze 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by st0nnec0ld (52 posts) See mini bio Level 7

It was pretty obvious from the start of the anime that Goku was going to be the most powerful(or one of them). I was kind of hoping that Piccolo would get really powerful too, but he never really beat any major villains.

Which is the most powerful DBZ character that end of DBZ Piccolo can beat? Or Buu saga Piccolo since there is no way to tell how powerful Piccolo was at the end of DBZ.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,564 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Going by DBZ logic, Buu saga Piccolo was probably near enough Perfect Cell's level I would imagine. I doubt he got much stronger than that though.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Did Piccolo even fight in Buu saga? I'd say about Perfect cell level maybe slightly higher at the end of dbz.

Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@solesamurai: I think he was mostly in the background he really didn't do much beside fighting Dabura I think..and looking over Trunks and Goten while they trained for fusion dance then He got absorbed by Buu later on if I recall.

Post by taichokage (13,602 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yeah I agree with the first post. End of Z Piccolo was probably somewhere shy of Perfect Cell. He could possibly take out Android 16. But for sure Android 17 and lower.
Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Piccolo went in the RoSaT after Gohan and Goku came out so during the Cell Games he can take Android 16 with ease considering he was the only one who was able to do anything usefull against the Cell Jr's and a Cell Jr should be alot stronger than Android 16 otherwise Vegeta/Trunks would have one shotted them considering Android 16's punches did absolutly nothing to a Semi-Perfect Cell and Super Vegeta (2'nd visit to RoSaT)>>>>>>>Semi-Perfect Cell. Piccolo should have become even stronger during those 7 years (Buu Saga) but he really did do nothing in that Arc. He only flies towards Dabura and Dabura dodges him and thats it, he was more of a background character.

We don't know if Piccolo kept training like he always did before but ever since his fusion with Kami he became more mellow and not the warrior like he used to be, still he IMO would still have been training but not at the same intensity like before or like Vegeta/Goku. I think its possible for Piccolo to be around Perfect Cell's lvl. So i guess the strongest guy Piccolo could beat is perhaps Perfect Cell.

Post by phantomrant (1,385 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Did he continue to train in the Buu Saga and end of series? If he didn't and he didn't have any better feats in those arcs, then I'm just gonna equalize EoS to End of Android Saga. In which case, he'd beat 2nd form Cell at best.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Maybe on Perfect Cell's league.

Post by GrayWolf2 (343 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Imperfect Cell probably. I doubt he was around Perfect cell though.

Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I say second form Cell, Piccolo was easily caught off guard by Dabura a guy who is equal to or weaker than Perfect Cell seven years after the cell games. Then after the Buu saga he seemed less interested in fighting, by not even participating in the tournament.

@Sonata: Hold the phone here.. Dabura equal to Perfect Cell?! When Gohan fought Dabura he was an SSJ2 not an SSJ (left SSJ, right SSJ2 when he fought Dabura see below). If you watch the fight between them you hear this conversation between Vegeta and Goku:

Vegeta: Look call him down Kakkarot i will finish this!

Goku: Just give him a little more time, its not like he's completly lost yet why not let him fight he's hanging in there.

Vegeta: Dabura is toying with him you know that!

Both Vegeta and Goku knew that Dabura wasn't going all out against Gohan and if you watch the fight you see Gohan breathing heavily towards the end of the fight while Dabura is perfecty calm despite all those hits he took, heck even during the fight he let Gohan have the advantage a couple of times and in the end it still wasn't enough. Even in the Fat Buu fight, both Gohan and Dabura recieved a deadly attack and where pretty banged up. Gohan got up and managed to land one kick before getting blown the f**k up but Dabura on the otherhand manged to *hang on* for a while longer and faired better than Gohan. Gohan is weaker in his current state than his younger self true but such a drop? i doubt it.

Gohan for sure isn't training 24/7 like before because of his mother but i'm sure he still kept his game on for a couple of months/years before he started to get weaker like in the Android Saga, Chi Chi didn't want him to train and wanted him to watch over Goku who was still sick in bed and keeping to his books but Gohan snuck out and performed some Kamehameha Waves in front of Kami Souse, Roshi watching over. So i don't think Gohan did NOTHING for 7 years straight i'm sure he snuck out and did some minor training, and if we lets say got weaker we don't know how much weaker he got, could be 3/4/5/10/15 times weaker witch is alot if you think about it but then again an SSJ2 is x100... and when Perfect Cell went Full Power? Gohan landed 2 blows and nearly comatosed him, if he wanted Gohan could have killed Cell without any effort and i think he could do the same even if his power drops by those examples i gave. Cell was complety outclassed in every way possible. Think of this: Would you say that if Gohan would have decreased his power in his battle with Cell by lets say 25% witch is alot would he still win? remember Cell went from Perfect to Super Perfect and managed damage Gohan's arm and Gohan STILL was strong enough to go in a tug of war with Cell and i'm sure Cell's increase in more than 25%.

Piccolo at Semi-Perfect Cell lvl? doubt that. Piccolo manged to get the hurt on some of the Cell Jr's the same Cell Jr's who where giving Vegeta and Trunks trouble and those two after there 2'nd visit in the RoSaT would STOMP Semi-Perfect Cell. Don't forget Piccolo managed to increase his power during the Android Saga at an incredibly rate so him increasing his PL like that is possible. He went from an PL of arround 1 million (Namek Saga) to lolstomping Dr.Gero in just 3 years and when he came out of the RoSaT both Trunks and Goku where impessed with his power increase so i'd say at this stage he's more than a match for Semi-Perfect Cell. Think about it, if those Cell Jr's are stronger than Semi-Perfect Cell and Piccolo is supposedly weaker than he could not have kicked them to the ground so many times not if you look at the fight between Android 16 and Semi-Perfect Cell where 16's attacks did nothing it was like he was hitting a wall, so the same would have applied to Piccolo, heck 16 managed to suprise attack Semi-Perfect Cell with his arm attack thing while Cell looked the otherway and it still did nothing.

We don't know if Piccolo kept his training up during those 7 years because to me he seems he lost his mojo after he fused with Kami and calmed down but we don't know that for a fact. We also don't know if he kept training after the Buu Saga. Remember its 7 years after the Cell Games and 10 years after the Kid Buu Saga so thats 17 years!

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

There is no real evidence pointing to Dabura being stronger than Perfect Cell. Gohan was just out of shape and weak that should be enough. Even Vegeta and Goku weren't that impressed with Dabura's power.

Online Now
What both of you said is true. Dabura was obviously in that ssj2 ballpark and he seemingly was advantaged against Gohan, yet that Gohan was rusty. Both Vegeta and Goku, the former only reaching ssj2 levels himself were not fazed by Dabura's power. All the same Piccolo is also in that range, but I think I agree he probably didn't reach Perfect Cell's level entirely. Actually I could see him being roughly that strong, maybe 90%, but probably not Super Perfect Cell level.

@taichokage said:

What both of you said is true. Dabura was obviously in that ssj2 ballpark and he seemingly was advantaged against Gohan, yet that Gohan was rusty. Both Vegeta and Goku, the former only reaching ssj2 levels himself were not fazed by Dabura's power. All the same Piccolo is also in that range, but I think I agree he probably didn't reach Perfect Cell's level entirely. Actually I could see him being roughly that strong, maybe 90%, but probably not Super Perfect Cell level.

Great input as always man.

Online Now
Thanks you too. More and more I am impressed.
Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@niBBit: You didnt read what I said, I basically said Piccolo could beat Semi-Perfect Cell, but he is no where near Perfect Cell's level because Dabura caught him off very easily.

@SpeedForceSpider: No. Thats not enough. Goku at first said that Dabura isn't *that tough* but his and Vegeta's attitude both changed when he fought Gohan. Goku saying *Hmm this Dabura guy is alot stronger than i thought* or Vegeta *Argh he's strong but not unbeatable* I already explained in my huge wall of tekst that Gohan for sure is out of shape and weaker than his younger self thats a fact but for him to make such a drop in power comparing to Perfect Cell? is to much. If Teen Gohan would have deceased his power by several fold he would have still kicked the s**t out of Perfect Cell, heck when Perfect Cell went Super Perfect witch should have inceased his power exponentially Gohan still was strong enough to match him and his arm was nearly blown off.

We also don't know for a fact that Gohan did NOTHING those 7 years. Even when his mother tried to keep him from training troughout the series he always managed to train like the Kami House example i gave before. We also don't know how much of a drop in power he got, like i said it could be 2/3/4/5/10/15 times. Even for the real world dropping in performance that much is alot. I've heard of boxers who didn't train for 5 years due to an injury and then started training again and ofcourse they where weaker than before, they can't run for 3 hours but only 15 minutes they can't punch like they used to but still they can land some brutal shots, they run 2/3 even 5 times slower than before and if you think about it thats alot. But in this scenerio its different because: Gohan is a alien warrior, an SSJ2 is x100 so if being 10x weaker still means Gohan is x90 stronger than Perfect Cell.

Its not maybe the best explenation i got but i think sometimes people forget how much 10 times weaker actually is. Being 10 times weaker in the real world is alot. Example: at first i was able to run for 20 minutes now i'm half dead at 2 minutes thats a x10 drop and i could run 20 minutes 2 years ago. During those years i did nothing but eat junk food and didn't went to the gym. So we don't know if Gohan like me spend 7 years doing nothing, for all we know Gohan kept his training up for at least 1-2 years before stopping completely.

The fact that Dabura let Gohan have advantages over him and that Gohan managed to land some suprise attacks by Dabura not paying attention (Vegeta saying he could beat Dabura) and that Gohan was visibly tired at the end of the battle and Dabura was not, and that he managed to peform better against Fat Buu than Gohan did while Buu nearly took his eyes out, and he fact that Vegeta said that Dabura is tough is enough for me to think that he's above Perfect Cell.

@Sonata: I'm sorry you where right. I went Full Retard :)

@niBBit: Its pretty obvious Gohan didn't do shit in those 7 years. Gohan would have probably beat Dabura without SSJ2 if he had trained seeing as he was more powerful than Goku as a child. But I digress, this is far too off topic.

@SpeedForceSpider: I agree that this is getting of topic we best be discussing this in antoher tread otherwise we will fill 5+ pages like always :)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel