When to Call a Mod to Lock a Battle Thread

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 1, 2013. Last post by Sonata 9 months, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (11,879 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I created this because a user had abused the @ system and disrespected the mods in attempt to lock threads he/ or she did not like. I'm not a forum mod, but I would help my teammates control the situation.

This is a checklist:

• Review the Battle Rules
  • State why this thread should be locked - This makes my job easier since I'm not familiar with most comic book and anime characters.
  • When you requesting a thread to lock, don't insult people or put silly images. Take it seriously, please.
  • Don't ask mods in a rude fashion. My teammates and I are busy people like everyone else.
Post by taichokage (12,982 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yeah, I see this a lot. Threads that aren't even in violation of the rules requesting a lock, usually because an individual doesn't like what he/she sees. It should be clear that even if a thread is locked, people's opinions aren't going to change.
Post by Baal_Raam (617 posts) See mini bio Level 9

So many rules here in Vice I tell yah

Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: to be honest the serious part is not really needed since it should not be but I do agree with the pics and such

Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Well said Taka, I have been giving thought about putting a thread post limit to battle threads to prevent threads from going off topic.

@Sonata: @takashichea: I wonder if there could be a CAV challenge thread for users looking to do /setup and arrange a CAV ? CAV = Challenge A Vicer

Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SMXLR8: Sounds like a good idea.

@Sonata: yeah I know and thanks

@SMXLR8:

I put the "Take it seriously" part because there are users who cry wolf. Plus, it's annoying to see demotivational images or GIFs with the requests. I can't tell if the person is serious. It's a waste of time.

Edit:

I don't know what you mean by Challenge a Vicer. If Sonata says so, I'm fine with that.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@takashichea: Ill also help out if it's needed since I am very familiar in these park.

From now on if I see insults I will let you or any mod know about it.

@DBZ_universe: there is no need for that since some times these thing resolve them self's

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea said:

@SMXLR8:

I don't know what you mean by Challenge a Vicer. If Sonata says so, I'm fine with that.

I think he means a thread where one user challenges another for a 1 on 1 debate.

Personally I feel it'll be pretty useful for these Toriko vs DBZ topics, since they've been attracting many users from other forums like MvC.

@supernova7005: oh sure so I'm a he now <_< gee thanks

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SMXLR8: Heh. Really? ^_^

Well, I generally assume only guys post in the Battles section.

Post by OfficialRikudouSennin (603 posts) See mini bio Level 12

agreed my "LSSJ3 Broly Vs SSG Goku" thread was locked because the person didn't like it? that's real abuse if I see anyone doing tags ill report them to any mod

@SMXLR8: Well I am just trying to help....plus I must do this if I really hoping to become mod in the future (small chances of happening lol).

@DBZ_universe: that is happening also I guess

@SMXLR8: what do yoy mean? Sorry.

@OfficialRikudouSennin:

I can unlock it for you. I'll look for it.

@supernova7005:

Thank you. Did you get my message about your wiki edit? I just want to follow up with you.

@DBZ_universe said:

@SMXLR8: Well I am just trying to help....plus I must do this if I really hoping to become mod in the future (small chances of happening lol).

Not really, you have a chance. I actually denied this position several times, and in addition, it seems that they didn't need new mods because the community's size was reaching a plateau (it's not increasing much like 3 years ago) Out of the blue, they made me mod due to my involvement with the anime seasonal guides (see Summer Anime 2013 Trailers as an example).

I prefer another person who knows battle threads to help out Sonata or the other pre-existing mods to help out (once a week at least). I can't deal with battle threads. It's a major headache to look up the characters and pick who's right and who's wrong. I'm more of a wiki mod.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel