Welcome to the August 2014's poll! You can vote for any user based on your preferences. The cut off date is August 8, 2014 at 4PM Pacific Time.
- You can't vote for yourself.
- You can't vote for banned users.
- You cannot vote for past winners until it has passed 4 months for them. It's out of fairness and to spotlight other users.
- You can only vote once.
- Please make sure your criticism is respectful. While praising others and pointing out their flaws, make sure you don't disrespect them.
- You can't vote for mods.
- If you're going to change your vote, don't do it at the last day. In the last contest, it was hard to accept the change in the last moment in due respect for the other candidates.
New Rule: Due to Kurohige's thread being on the front page, it puts a lot of pressure on making a good article. Please vote for a user who at least filled out their bio while at the same time, a user must do one of the following: edit a wiki page, did a review, make a list or do a blog. The interviews are meant to highlight the user's accomplishments and promote their work for a better, written article. Please let me know if I miss anything or the rules need tweaking. **This is the last thread for this community project. I'm sorry about that. I realized with a such a small community, we only had a few well rounded users. Eventually, it will be harder to write interviews for obscure users who never touch their bio, make a list/review/wiki/blog, and branch out of the battle forums. While the thread was originally about picking the best debater, it became more about choosing a well rounded user in the battle forums. The main goal of this project was to make a group of role model users for the battle forums. They can be future leaders or mods who carry the community on their shoulders. Also, spotlighting the battle forums on the front page made the community feel recognized. I reached my goal in this project. It has been a pleasure interviewing folks and getting to know them. The project helped open a few doors for some of our past winners who went beyond in helping their community. For past voting threads, if I ran into an obscure user, I gave the user suggestions to make some lists, blogs, do a review, or edit a wiki page.
The project's front page coverage will be discontinued to keep things simple and the project alive for a year or more, depending on many folks vote and continue to support.
Thank you everyone.