Vergil vs Archer

Topic started by Stingerrain on April 21, 2013. Last post by Kobra678 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Stingerrain (358 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Vs
Vs

Full knowledge for both.

Standard equipment.

In-Character.

Winner by Death.

Setting is a large grassy field.

Who wins?

Post by Kobra678 (2,943 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Which version of archer?

Post by Stingerrain (358 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Kobra678: Fate/Stay Night version

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,835 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Vergil

Vergil

Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Naruto

Post by VoidShiki (116 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Archer has superior stats and more hax, don't see a single reason as to why Vergil wins.

@VoidShiki: When has he shown better speed?

@Kobra678: Keeping up with Lancer, Saber etc. Powerscaling puts his reactions at mach 45 (i think it's higher with a new calc mach 50+ or something but not sure).

@VoidShiki: Where was that speed when he was fighting Berserker? Ilyasviel was watching fight and she is just a little girl. Same when he was fighting Lancer, Shirou was watching them with no trouble.

Show me the calcs that put him above mach 1

@Kobra678: Both Illya and Shirou happen to be Magi, even more absurd given that Illya is the most competent Master in the Holy Grail War and Shirou being a guy who has Eye of Mind which enables him to analyse every situation down to the slightest detail even in the heat of battle.

And also, the fight Berserker vs Archer is anime only and we never see what happens there in canon.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18408

Cacl for Saber and LancerZero. FSN Lancer is faster yet Archer keeps up with him, not to mention that Archer can easily track his own mach 15 arrow.

@VoidShiki: Even if they are Magi, neither of them have shown anything at even peak human. Ilya, still has the reflexes and sight of a little girl. All Shirou has is practically a photographic memory.

This Archer is from anime only, so consider everything that happened between them canon. Why did you bring up saber anyways? The only time she and Archer fought was on episode 3 and she blitzed him.

Which arrow are you talking about?

@Kobra678: Given that every Magi has supersonic to hypersonic reactions as a minimum, no. And Shirou has mach 40+ speed feats in Heaven's Feel when he gets a fraction of Archer's power. As said Shirou has Eye of Mind which pretty much borders on precognition, Word of God says so look it up on the wiki before talking bullshit.

Where did you see the OP saying "anime only"? That up there is a picture of VN Archer and even if not specified you go for the canon version. Archer was "speed-blitzed" by Saber only in the beginning and the novel goes on with explaining later that it was because he was surprised and recognized her, Later on when being weakened and at only 1/10 of his power he keeps up with her just fine.

And the arrow i'm talking about is Hrunting - Hound of the Red Plains, it crossed more than 4 km under a second.

The only knowledge you have seems to come from the anime, in other words you have no knowledge at all.

@Stingerrain: There is 2 fate stay nights. Anime or VN

@Kobra678: How does "Fate/Stay Night" mean "the anime" and not "the novel which is the original canon"?

As said in case of doubt you go for the canon work and also that's a picture of VN Archer.

@VoidShiki: Because this is animevice not visualnovelvice i assumed it was the anime. I can't really tell the difference between archers anyways, they look the same to me

@Kobra678: They look exactly the same... but the picture if from the VN.

And lol, just because the site's name you assume we'll go with a non-canon version of the character?

@VoidShiki: Pretty much yeah. I didn't even know what a visual novel was until a few days after I joined this site.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel