USSJ Trunks runs the Gauntlet

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on Dec. 30, 2012. Last post by axavierhansz 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Newdeath: @niBBit: Thanks for the input guys. Most people don't think Gohan was a stronger SSJ than Goku when he was in fact. And I agree he stops at Gohan.

@niBBit: To strengthen your argument my friend, Gohan was unimpressed with Goku's fight with Cell. He thought his father was going all out when comparing his power to Goku's. He just lacked the confidence but he always had the power.

@DBZ_universe: Sorry but Goku gets steamrolled here it won't work.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@SpeedForceSpider: I guess you are right. also happy new year!

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

You too bro!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@DBZ_universe said:

You too bro!

Thanks!

Post by eddz99 (2,541 posts) See mini bio Level 11

He gets to round 7

Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I don't picture him surviving past Round 3 or 4. The biggest problem with USSJ, outside of the speed decrease which isn't an issue here due to battle conditions, is that the form exhausts quite a bit of ki to retain it. While USSJ Trunks is about on par or stronger than Perfect Cell and FPSSJ Goku, the massive exhaustion of ki will screw him over in prolonged fights with Cell and Goku not exactly being pushovers during that point in DBZ. I could picture Trunks getting through Cell after a difficult battle, but he'll likely have exhausted plenty of his ki reserves when he gets to FPSSJ Goku where he'll eventually lose.

Post by axavierhansz (240 posts) See mini bio Level 8

First of all, can someone show me scans/anime quotes of cell suppressing his power vs trunks? I totally agree that cell wasn't powered up to even close to 100%, but I just recently watched the entire cell saga and nowhere does it hint that cell was actively suppressing his strength vs trunks. To support my point of view I would like to point out that the USSJ transformation is exceedingly strong in terms of brute force at the cost of speed. If cell was actually suppressing his strength, he runs the risk of a single lucky hit causing him to be stunned (like the way 100% cell got stunned by gohan punching him to the stomach), at which time trunks will smash cell to the ground. This likelihood is further increased by the fact that normally, suppressing your strength also causes you to not be able to move at maximum speed (piccolo stated that in order to suppress his strength so that cell doesn't detect his approach, he wouldn't be able to catch up to imperfect cell before imperfect cell moves on to the next city). All in all, I really doubt cell was actively suppressing his strength. Someone show me proof that he was please.

Anyway goku would kill trunks because goku, being the douchebag he is, never taught any of his teammates instant transmission. All goku would have to do is instant transmission to namek, wait for USSJ trunks to drop out of USSJ (this is detectable by a sharp drop in power level), then come back and fracture trunk's skull.

unless someone can get trunks out of that situation, trunks stops at first round with goku.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel