Ulquiorra Schiffer vs Shadow the Hedgehog

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on Oct. 13, 2012. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Shadow dies horribly here.

Yes, yes he does.

@Iju said:

@MarioRedfield: not really. Shadow can ban beings from the universe without a chaos emerald or super form. he can still kick butt.

@SpeedForceSpider: wrong, sir. sry :/

@Viltsu300: sry, but Shadow is still powerful without many of his things. oh and Shadow is immortal, so you cant kill him. :/

No Sonic-related debate is complete without the fanwanking of lju, just wouldn't be the same.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,958 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@GIRUGAMESH: You got that right man. He furiously beats his meat to sonic to the point when someone gives a correct statement he says its wrong.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@GIRUGAMESH: You got that right man. He furiously beats his meat to sonic to the point when someone gives a correct statement he says its wrong.

I seriously lol'd.

@UltimateHero0406: :D

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@MarioRedfield: his sonido even in his base form is pretty quick , i think its fast enough to keep up with CC and ulquis reaction time is insane. so i think ill call them even in terms of close combat speed. i guess we should just look at other powers

Ulq is at the very least able to accelerate to Mach 500 instantly(Tha's Ichigos Bankai reaction speed and he was able to completely overwhelm him)

Post by shakyric_lawson (64 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@GIRUGAMESH:

Before I get started, i've got to say that its awesome that two of my favorite characters from both series' are put against eachother. Its a weird matchup, but a good one nevertheless. Now...

Now, having said that, it should be kinda obvious that Shadow is the winner here... I mean come on. The only way one would say Ulquiorra wins is if they,

a) haven't watched the anime or played the games...

b) are biased

c) has extremely little to no knowledge of Shadow...

One person said Shadow dies horribly, well you'll see why thats not true. Having said that, its time to provide the arguments...

According to the battle rules they don't have any of their super transformations... (although Ulquiorra keeping his would have been more than fair...) and Shadow gets feats from Sonic X AND the games. The fact that they're both in BASE form kinda makes this an easy win for shadow.

SPEED

One very important reason for Shadow's victory is the fact that Shadow has greater combat speed and strength. In the games, Shadow moves anywhere from Super/Hypersonic (normal moving speeds) to lightspeed and FTL (Lightspeed attack and chaos snap) BASE form Ulquiorra is only hypersonic+, which is enough to keep up with Shadow's normal speed, but not quite enough to keep up with his teleportation, or charged lightspeed attack. Combat speed has a clear winner here, and its shadow.

STRENGTH

While game Shadow's feats in the area of strength are maxed out at flipping buses with 1 hand, in Sonic X, Shadow overpowered in strength. His greatest feat of physical power, was his "tug or war" with the Final Nova... Essentially, a dragon attached to a small planet wrapped an "arm" around Shadow and Shadow managed to pull against the "arm" with his physical strength alone. Thats like one of us wrapping a long rope around a small moon, and actually managing to pull said rope towards you. The weight of a small planet was behind it, and yet, Shadow demonstrated the strength to pull it towards him.

Lightspeed Attack slams into the opponent at lightspeeds, making it nigh impossible to dodge, AND adding a HUGE amount of force behind the attack. Ulquiorra would have a gaping hole in his stomach if the attack hit him. Fortunately for him it takes about 2-3 seconds to charge during gameplay.

His homing attacks frequently shred through metal, and in Sonic X, has enough force to slam into Metarex space ships to push them back.

ENDURANCE

Shadow has two major feats of endurance. The first, is in both the games and the show, where Shadow survives atmospheric re-entry, which is pretty self explanatory. The second one worth noting is when Shadow tanks a kick from knuckles in the anime. Now, in the Anime, Knuckles is strong enough to punch the moon hard enough to move it. Although I doubt the same force was used against Shadow, its not something to be taken lightly. Having said that, Shadow got up from the kick like nothing ever happened.

He was also able to tank lasers from a fleet of Metarex ships.

ENERGY BASED ATTACKS

Shadow's Energy based attacks aren't quite as impressive as Ulquiorra's cero and Bala, but they aren't to be underestimated. His chaos lance (spear in X) are as powerful in destruction to Yammy's Bala and Cero. If you've seen sonic X, Shadow has caused massive destruction in the Metarex saga with his spears...

His chaos blast would be more powerful by powerscaling, and is at least city block.

REALITY WARPING

The creator was right to not include his super form, as that would be completely one sided, however Shadow still has his 1 BASE reality warping ability. "Chaos Rift" In the game, its a 60% chance of INSTANT KO, and thats not full power. Of course, common sense would tell us thats just a gameplay mechanic, but i'll be generous here.

DESTRUCTION

Shadow's feats of destruction includes:

destroying several Metarex ships with indivisual "homing attacks"

LOL, expecting more weren't you?

FULL POWER

With full power, shadow has 3 major feats.

1st, Shadow takes them off to defeat Mephiles and hundreds of "perfect" chaos empowered clones. Keep in mind, 1 Mephiles was enough to fight on par with normal BASE Shadow. But hundreds, and he did it by merely dashing through them.

2nd, In Sonic X, Shadow 1 shots the "omnipresent" (he was only nigh omnipresent on that specific battle field)... Keep in mind, the entire Sonic group, ( ring enhanced Sonic, Knuckles, battle ship tails, air plane chris, ect...)

3rd, In Sonic X, Shadow took off his rings and 1 shot many Metarex ships, and the explosion he created was analogous to Soifons bankai, though it looked slightly larger. Now, if Ulquirorra had his second release that feat would be horse shit, BUT... he doesn't, so no...

Combat speed: Shadow 1 Ulquiorra 0

Strength: Shadow 1 Ulquiorra 0

endurance: Shadow 1 Ulquiorra 0

energy attacks: Shadow 1 Ulquiorra 2( has greater variety and destruction)

reality warping: Shadow 1 Ulquiorra 0

Destrution: Shadow 2 Ulquiorra 1

( Reason for this is because both have nice destruction capabilities, but with his rings off Shadow his clearly superior to BASE Ulquiorra)

total: Shadow: 7 Ulquiorra: 3

So, overall, Shadow is the better fighter... Also, because I'm sure at least 1 of you will deny these feats, I'm more than willing to provide proof, so all you have to do is ask. well, thats all for now.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Ulquiorra wins...

@shakyric_lawson: Perhaps I didn't explain it clear enough for you buddy. Oh and I have played every single sonic game except the recent ones. So as a player I can tell you Ulquiorra babyshakes Shadow here. Ya dig?

Post by othus12 (6,847 posts) See mini bio Level 13

lets be real in the games shadow can take only 2 hits. thats considering he has rings on, without rings? he can be killed with a slap.

@SpeedForceSpider:

Saying that Ulquiorra wins without even providing an argument is hardly a reason for me to agree. Also, if you didn't notice, Shadow gets his feats from the games AND anime in this battle. The game provides teleportation, and reality warping, while the anime provides what anime normally does, namely over exaggerated destructive power and endurance... Ulquiorra's not winning against shadow without something to counter his teleportation and chaos rift. Let alone the fact that anime shadow godstomps Ulquiorra in physical feats...

True, Shadow's endurance in the games isn't as great as the anime. The anime feats make up for his endurance. With his rings off he's much stronger, and would only be defeated easily if he had them off for long periods of time. In Sonic X, he was able to fight for while with them off for what we can assume was days, and in the games, he showed no immediate exhaustion from using full power against Mephiles. But I do agree that fighting Ulquiorra without them isn't advised, and considering that Shadow doesn't use full power unless he has to, I doubt he would risk it. Besides, Shadow without full power has provided the feats to defeat Ulquiorra.

Post by Iju (98 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@SpeedForceSpider: you want evidence? i got it bro. i was just waiting for you to ask.

1st shadow doesnt "die" here because he CANT. he is immortal. evidence?

"Shadow is immortal, and does not age." sonic wikia: (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog)

it was also said in his game that he cannot die also, just ask for evidence on that too.

shadow doesnt need super form until reality warping or control of time and space come into hand. if not, he can easily handle the being with utmost ease. even then, there was a being who could contol time and space, and shadow handled that guy in base form with no emerald.

the guy shadow is fighting is called mephiles.

info on mehiles: "Mephiles can manipulate and move through time with an ability similar to Chaos Control." sonic wikia (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Mephiles_the_Dark#Abilities)

" In addition, he has enough control over his abilities of time manipulation to separate pursuing enemies, as evidenced by how he managed to escape Omega and Shadow after their first fight in the future."

he is also immortal, surviving every single fight he has been in, being "brought down" by lost of weapons and head on fights, but always lives.

this guy was basically a Q from star trek, but yet shadow beat him without trouble in base form. i have researched on this Ulquiorra guy, and he has no such things in his abilities. even if he could "beat" shadow, it would be a useless fight, because shadow is immortal.

im not even getting into super shadow. he is much stronger than himself in base, and anyway, he isnt allowed.

shadow can ban beings from the universe. "Chaos Rift (カオスリフト): Shadow opens a rift in time and space, then launches it at a foe in an attempt to banish it." sonic wikia (http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog#POW_Moves)

shadow could easily do that and end of battle. since shadow controls time and space in base form, he could easily just stop time and mutilate Ulquiorra, or make a portal that leads to nothingness and simply toss him into it. he is not using chaos control, because shadow has theses powers and doesnt need to use chaos contol, but uses chaos powers.

want more? just look at his intro, where he uses chaos control only for self teleportation (like the rules say) and uses chaos powers.

if you want more proof, just ask. there is still a lot shadow can do in base form. (oh and shadow can take on literally 1,000,000 beings at one time, he said so himself.)

@GIRUGAMESH: it not my fault that sonic characters rule over fiction. maybe you should be a sonic fan, and there you wouldnt be so angry.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,282 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Iju:

I think GIRUGAMESH don't want to be a furry :)

Anyway, so it emo vs emo, I guess emo wins

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Iju said:

@GIRUGAMESH: it not my fault that sonic characters rule over fiction. maybe you should be a sonic fan, and there you wouldnt be so angry.

If that isn't proof that you're a fanboy then I don't know what is. "Rule over fiction"? Dear oh dear. I could give you multiple characters who could solo everyone in the entire Sonic series, including the ridiculous archie comics. There are characters in Marvel/DC that would make Enerjak or Master Mogul piss themselves.

@GIRUGAMESH: im not talking about archie...for the last time...I HATE ARCHIE! IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. game sonic himself could pwn all in base mode. he defeated a universal reality/space/time warper in base mode in 30 seconds. DC/Marvel is just a bunch of overpowered broken poppycock. and he can beat anyone stronger than him, so yeah, if these DC/Marvel people are "stronger" than sonic, it doesnt matter.

he beat 5 beings that were way above his power but yet he won. being stronger doesnt matter to him.

@Iju said:

Yoshimori Sumimura would destroy Sonic even at with the emeralds... his Shikai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super Sonic.

The moment Super Sonic goes inside the Shinkai he will be at Yoshimori's mercy.

Shinkai allows Yoshimori to do WHATEVER he so desires inside it... he can turn the emeralds into rock candy and turn sonic into poop or just erase Super Sonic from existence including the emeralds.

So yeah anyone or anything that touches Shinkai is erased from existence.

Also I don't see Sonic characters beating The One Above All.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

So getting back on topic, all in all, I wouldn't call this a stomp or easy win for either. Between the two fighters, some of there stats are quite similar which would make this close battle for both. Contrary to popular belief, I think Shadow has a good chance here.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Oh and I have played every single sonic game except the recent ones. So as a player I can tell you Ulquiorra babyshakes Shadow here.

The anime feats are on a whole different level than the video game feats which are very few.

@DBZ_universe

love yoshimori, but getting super sonic inside of a shinkai with his speed just isn't happening. His zekkai would be more useful to him here, but wouldn't do a thing to super sonic.

@shakyric_lawson said:

@DBZ_universe

love yoshimori, but getting super sonic inside of a shinkai with his speed just isn't happening. His zekkai would be more useful to him here, but wouldn't do a thing to super sonic.

Shinkai is more useful than Zekkai because it turns Yoshimori pretty much into an Omnipotent inside it... he can expand it as far as he wants.... Super Sonic wont even be fast inside it since Yoshi could stop time at will or just negate powers inside it but his...

also Yoshi can cast a Kekkai inside Sonic's brain and metse it..

also while he is in Shikai, he is protected from any outside attacks including mind rape.

@DBZ_universe:

First off, Yoshi isn't going to cast a ketz in Sonic's brain. Not only has he never demonstrated such precision, but he's never even thought about something like that. If he could, the first half of the anime wouldn't have happened because he would of fucked them up with the technique you just mentioned in that matter. Also, even if he could or would, Sonic is too fast for him to pinpoint with a ketz... considering that BASE Sonic can move up to light speeds, he's not going to ketz him.

Also, it has been proven time and time again that the main weakness of the kekkaishi is their inability to cope with his speed characters with attacks that shred things. Thats also a perfect description of Sonic.

As for the shinkai, it makes him a mid to high tier reality warper (which isn't a bad thing) but it doesn't extend its control outside of the said of it. Also, as I said earlier, with Sonic's speed, he's not getting caught inside of it. Its that simple... Yoshi would have to find a way to trap him before that would happen. Now, lets look at the actual shinkai. First off, the shinkai uses a shitload of spirit energy... which means that it would tire even Yoshi out, if he uses it constantly. There's also the fact that Yoshi's only demonstrated only demonstrated its destructive power once, and that was on Kaguro... which even you have to admit, is a far cry from an invincible FTL hedgehog. You also make the no limits fallacy, the shinkai is undoubtedly powerful, but I doubt he's reality warping something that could repair space/time just by running, in BASE form... while he's in his super form and is invincible, and a high tier reality warper himself. Even if Sonic was at all of Yoshi's mercy, and the shinkai wasn't in anyway limited to Yoshi's abilities, he would still have to catch him.

This is why the Zekkai would be more useful here... first off, its something Yoshi could maintain for much longer, and unlike the Ketz or shinkai, which are negated by Sonic's speed, the Zekkai would serve to protect him while he's fighting. Now admittedly, it doesn't make him a high level reality warper like the Shinkai does, but its far more practical with speed characters and is actually something that Yoshi uses in combat, unlike the Shinkai.

Meanwhile, while observing the OP powers of Yoshi, lets look at Sonic. Here you have, a massively hypersonic hedgehog, who, in BASE form has reached speeds from supersonic to FTL(although him moving FTL in fights are rare, but he can move lightspeed continuously in a fight) He can turn into a ball and move through the air in said ball at speeds ranging from Supersonic to LS (or FTL) He can also run fast enough to repair time/space (Sonic Generations) and travel time (Sonic CD) His speed makes him a low tier reality warper.

With a chaos emerald, he is a low to mid tier reality warper who can manipulate time/space...

In his super form, he's a nigh omnichronological (Sonic 06, where he existed through 1/3 of time) FTL-MFTL hedgehog who has tanked damage from multiple timelines at the same time, can tank hits from a being powerful enough to rip a planet apart, teleport something half the size of the space colony ark without losing power (although his super form has gotten much stronger since SA2) and manipulate time/space to a degree at least 1/3 of what Solaris demonstrated..... In other words, high tier multiversal. Oh, and invincibility.

The anime version is his weakest with only the power to stop a universal blast in his super form.

Now, don't confuse what i'm saying here, I never said that Sonic would beat Yoshi or vice/versa... it would be TOO weird a fight for me to judge. I merely said that Yoshi's shinkai wouldn't be his best weapon against Sonic, seeing how its not a combat based ability, and isn't versatile enough to be used in a fight continously. At best, his shinkai would only defend him from Sonic, making it a stalemate...

And why are we on Kekkaishi...? LOL.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel