Ukitake and Shunsui vs Three Admirals

Topic started by ShadowSilver on April 24, 2013. Last post by phantomrant 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by taichokage (13,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20
True, but it should still apply to the Admirals. They aren't so powerful that I can see them just bypassing a technique.
Post by phantomrant (1,357 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage said:

I don't get how you can say both their shikai are irrelevant. Shunsui's ability makes children's games a reality. In other words it's minor warping of reality.

No, not even.

He can't be harmed except for the color called in irooni

It's not that he can't be harmed, it's just that the damage is minimized. And that's only if he calls out a color that doesn't exist on his body, but does on the opponent (in this case, it'd be blue or green). The problem is that it's a one-strike limit, and then it's the Admirals' turn to call their color. Aokiji can bypass Irooni anyway with his freezing. And I can guarantee you that given Kizaru and Akainu's long ranged, spammable, attacks (each of them capable of one-shotting Shunsui) against Shunsui who's limited to close quarters combat, Shunsui will not even have the chance to cut the Admirals while it's his turn.

And even if he does land a blow and inflicts massive damage, that can be patched up by their logia abilities.

The only thing Irooni can do is literally extend his life by a few seconds.

Takaoni kills whoever has the lower ground,

Do tell me why you think this.

bushogoma is a top (mini tornado),

A weak and useless one, seeing as it's only good for distraction. Any of the Admirals can plow through it with raw strength alone. Shunsui only used it so that he can use Takaoni, but seeing as the top part of the Bushogama is completely open, anyone could easily escape the tornado by moving up and launch something at Shunsui to interrupt him.

kageoni allows him to become the shadows

Getting within arm's reach of the Admirals is a bad idea. Especially seeing as Shunsui can't severely injure them. And this is assuming that the Admirals are standing still and are touching a surface.

Saying that the Admirals are somehow exempt from Shunsui's ability and not being bound by the rules is like saying nobody would be bound to Law's room rules.

Nowhere did I say that the Admirals are exempt from his Shikai. It's just that his Shikai is useless. Useless in that it's ineffective against the Admirals and it's not advantageous for Shunsui.

Post by taichokage (13,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Logia intangibility allows them to reform from attacks that disperse them. It in no way heals damage they sustain. That's akin to Marco's mythical Zoan Phoenix Fruit. So irooni is not getting bypassed. Yes Bushogoma is useless here unless for whatever reason he wanted to buy 2 or 3 seconds of time. Takaoni is that way because that is simply the ability. And yes kageoni has moderate worth here. It would best be used to temporarily hide and that's pretty much it. As for Sogyo no Kotowari, it isn't super useful here. He could more or less just utilize it to catch and reverse Kizaru's beams. Against Akainu and Aokiji it's pretty much just a normal sword. Other than that I see kido being equally if not more useful against the admirals than their zanpakutou collectively.
Post by phantomrant (1,357 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage said:

Logia intangibility allows them to reform from attacks that disperse them. It in no way heals damage they sustain. That's akin to Marco's mythical Zoan Phoenix Fruit. So irooni is not getting bypassed.

Once they're in their logia state, they're able to reform from any of Shunsui's slashes.

Takaoni is that way because that is simply the ability

No, it isn't. Takaoni is featless and an unknown ability. All Shunsui said was that the one at a higher ground "wins". He didn't say anything about Takaoni killing anyone.

And yes kageoni has moderate worth here. It would best be used to temporarily hide and that's pretty much it

You can't hide in shadows. Whatever Shunsui sticks in his own shadow will appear on the target's shadow.

As for Sogyo no Kotowari, it isn't super useful here. He could more or less just utilize it to catch and reverse Kizaru's beams

Even if he can redirect them, does he have the reflexes to react to them?

Other than that I see kido being equally if not more useful against the admirals than their zanpakutou collectively.

What Kido?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel