UH's Tournament R3: Team SensitivePsych0 vs Team Dream

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on Jan. 31, 2013. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,024 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Guts (Berserk)

Goemon Ishikawa XIII (Lupin III)

vs

Wrath (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

Mifune (Soul Eater)

Rules:

No prep

Guts has the Berserker armor

Wrath has the philosopher's stone

Fight is in the Forest of Death

Battle to K.O. or death of all on a side

This is gonna be one hell of a fight!

Good luck to all and

BEGIN!!!

Post by Fehafare (7,941 posts) See mini bio Level 13

IIRC Goemon cut lightning. If so he solos. If not team 2 probably wins.

Post by Dream (7,085 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

@Fehafare:Feats such as the lightning and moon cutting are getting disregarded in this match since they were acts of toon-force within Lupin III and not consistent with Goemon's regular feats with Zantetsuken that involve him being a bullet-timer and cutting through materials that are at least thicker than steel.

Online Now

From what I'm reading up on Mifune's abilities, I think my team is fucked in this match. Goemon and Guts with Berserker Armor could have a shot at victory against Wrath as his Ultimate Eye's precog can have problems seeing through physical obstacles (i.e. the trees in the Forest of Death). But Mifune seems too fast for my team to be capable of keeping up with and his fighting style could be a bit overwhelming for them.

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Wrath is essentially screwed. The Stone prolly wouldn't save his Spirit from being torn apart by the Dragon Slayer, and because of the Brand of Sacrifice, Gutts is a step outside the laws of cause and effect. Meaning his actions can't be predicted. Which makes the Ultimate Eye useless. Not to mention that Wrath has zero chance of actually stopping or parrying a blow from the Dragon Slayer.

It basically comes down to Gutts against Mifune who may win out on speed alone.
Post by Fehafare (7,941 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Damn that Berserk wank. Dragonslayer is not a soulfucker and Gut's strength stat is superhuman, nothing beyond the FMA verse, Wrath could parry the strike without too many problems. And he's faster than the eye can see in base with possible supersonic reaction while he becomes supersonic in Berserker armor which still makes him the slowest in there.

As said because the wacky feats are thrown out Team 2 wins, Mifune could probably solo.

Online Now

@ReiKai: The Dragonslayer's properties give it the ability to harm spirits and the Apostles, not screw with souls. Also, the causality resistance is only against the influence of the Idea of Evil and the God Hand.

It cuts through spirits, dream monsters, incubi, demons, and Ganishka's Astral Body. In all honestly he's probably destroying the PhilStone in the first two shots. Remember the Earth Golems around the Spirit Tree? He sees Wrath regen around the stone and *Smash* goodbye Wrath.

Also, since the Godhand and the IoE control causality, and thus the Fate/Destiny and Free Will of everything in the world, and the Brand puts the bearer outside of their omniscience, then I don't see how any ability that relies on precog to predict anothers actions will work on Gutts whose actions and future cannot thus be predicted. It's almost like dealing with Raziel in LoK.

Another little thing is Gutts was fast enough to stick the DragonSlayer in the docks and have it stand upright to absorb the lightning being thrown at him by Ganishka before it struck. Not saying he has lightning reactions, but he's faster than people would assume. And this was while he was still messed up from fighting scores of Daraka, and the tiger beasts, and that scuffle with Serpico, and killing the giant whale/octopus monsters, and being set on fire by the Burning Wheel (lesser war god) to beat that other sorcerer, before then having to deal with Ganishka. Oh and while still recovering from fever and fatigue from their travels, killing all of those alligator beasts a few days before and his Soul still being cut open by Slan of the Godhand a month earlier.

Since the whole mess with the Apostles started, I don't think we've once seen what Gutts can do at 100% perfect health. Because he's never in perfect health and fully healed.
Online Now

It cuts through spirits, dream monsters, incubi, demons, and Ganishka's Astral Body.

All being either demons or spirits. Souls and spirits are two completely different things.

Also, since the Godhand and the IoE control causality, and thus the Fate/Destiny and Free Will of everything in the world, and the Brand puts the bearer outside of their omniscience, then I don't see how any ability that relies on precog to predict anothers actions will work on Gutts whose actions and future cannot thus be predicted.

Precognition involves seeing future events and using that information to change them, not manipulating cause and effect. I don't know what has you thinking that Guts' resistance to the God Hands' causality manipulation can apply to any other beings, but it's not working against Wrath's Ultimate Eye.

I believe you forgot that the Godhand do predict and thus control the future and have manipulated events for ages. The only times they can't is during specific instances, like the Eclipse and later with Ganishka's 2nd Reincarnation.
Online Now

@ReiKai: Except that precognition only involves seeing possible outcomes instead of manipulating them, like you could do with causality manipulation.

So whats the verdict here?

Online Now

@UltimateHero0406: My loss. Mifune would be too much for my team to handle.

@Dream: Alright. Good battle.

Congratulations!

Indeed. Like I said, would just come down to Gutts and Mifune. And unless Gutts gets a speed boost soon, I don't see him overtaking Mifune.

Also, Causality explains all possible futures. Everything has a cause and effect. Regardless of what they may be. The future is an Effect which is the result of a Choice (Cause). With the Brand, Gutts is kinda like Thanos in that the cosmic deities (like Chaos/Order) are not only incapable of manipulating him, but keeping track of him. That's a better way of explaining things. Trying to predict Gutts based on Possible choices is impossible. However, trying to anticipate his attacks based on body language (position of feet, movement of shoulders, shifting of weight, etc) is not impossible. This is something most adept fighters learned to read. As such, Gutts can do it as well.

Either way, Wrath was pretty much screwed and Mifune takes the win for his team. Tough as Gutts is, unless he can score a direct hit with the Dragonslayer or a point-blank shot with his cannon, then Mifune would win via speed. However it would not be easy by any stretch. Gutts has even greater damage soak than Black Star and the Berserker Armor only helps with that. It comes very close. Gutts has had to deal with opponents faster than himself and forced to rely on instinct and strategy in order to overcome this. So as long as Mifune can recognize the danger and react fast enough to avoid Gutts' more lethal and reckless zero-range moves, then he'd win.

All in all, it's just bloody.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Migune is a badass!

Post by SensitivePsych0 (84 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Did I really win? Really sorry I've been busy.
Post by SensitivePsych0 (84 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I can make another team and actually participate this time. Lol

@SensitivePsych0: Lol, let me know who you choose.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel