UH Basketball round 2

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on May 22, 2013. Last post by solesamurai 10 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (4,996 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Zebra, Chad, Ryuhei, Luffy, Ichigo, and Light Yagami as coach.

Vs

Erza, Moka, Shana, Halibel, Lucy (Elfen Lied Anime version) and Piccolo as coach and Vegeta as assistant coach.

List out your strategies, each character's job, who you put on who, etc.

The rules of the thread are listed on the original thread

Provide physical feats if you have to

At the end, we will put the winner to a vote

You dudes/dudettes may begin

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,096 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Okay. Putting Zebra in at power forward, he holds down the post for the game, although he might (will) get some personals, but thats manageable and he is also an intimidating defensive player. Chad is in at Center. His height and his durability allows him to successfully guard almost anyone on the opposing team, also being a force when attacking the basket while also being dominant in rebounds. Ichigo is in at point guard. His height allows him to shoot over some characters with a jumpshot on the opposing team. Also, his experience as a soccer player gives him the foot work to remain a dominant ball handler as he moves it up court. Luffy is going in as the small forward. He will mostly attack the basket and try to draw the foul, but he will also pull up for the occasional field shot, plus his speed and small body type will get him some steals. And then Ryuhei comes in at shooting guard. He will likely be the one to score the most points due to his training in boxing. He knows how to put the proper amount of power into the ball to make it a successful shot. Also, being a boxer, he can handle the fatigue that goes along with the job and his charisma will be a positive factor . Also, Coach Yagami will be using a playbook and style similar to Scott Brooks'. Zebra on Shana, Ichigo on Erza, Chad on Halibel, Luffy on Lucy, and Ryuhei on Moka.

Post by GeneralVan (1,163 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ChromeDisaster: Well first my team will walk out to this song:

Lol. But anyway. Shana will definitely be the small forward. She is small so she will go right through any defenses and make shots as she is also extremely athletic and smart. In the first few episodes she was able to run way faster than her entire class and even beat up the gym teacher. Halibel is the shooting guard. She has a knack for fighting at long ranges and will apply it to this basketball game. She is very strategic and will be able to make most of her shots will her long range skill. Lucy will be center. Her anime version, which is the one I'm using, fights as close range and will be able to make shots close to the basket and get rebounds when necessary. Her only downfall is that she is arguably the least athletic on my team. But if her only goal is to get rebounds and make close shots, she will be a key player. Moka will be the power forward. Arguably the most aggressive on my team, her being the power forward will be very beneficial to my team. I am using Inner Moka. She can pummel through defenses and land slam dunks using not only her aggression but also her quick wits. Erza will be the point guard. A natural leader, directing my team's strategies during the game won't be a problem for her. I would put Shana in for point guard due to her size, but since being a point guard requires directing the team, Erza is much more suited for that role. She may not be scoring as many shots as the others, but she will have many assists as she will direct the team and pass the ball to whoever is ready, which most of the time will be either Moka or Shana. Piccolo is a great coach. He was able to train Gohan and help Goku teach the fusion technique to Goten and Trunks, so coaching these girls shouldn't be a problem. (P.S. I am NOT using the Abridged version of Piccolo, the video was only for comedic purposes. I am using the regular DBZ version of Piccolo.) While Erza and Halibel will be great listeners, for those who may not want to listen all the time, Moka, Shana, and Lucy if she gets all emo, that is when Vegeta comes in. Vegeta will put them in line and may even scare them. But Piccolo will get them refocused and create a strategy to win the game. The man-on-man, or in this case man-on-woman, positions you placed I agree with. Shana can just go right through Zebra's legs (I know it doesn't sound right but whatever) and get past him. If seduction isn't counted as a foul, believe me, Ichigo is getting seduced badly and it will allow Erza to go right past him. Halibel is all around better skilled than Chad and while he may put up some resistance, Halibel is getting through. Luffy is the hardest one to get through. Either Lucy scares him with threats or she doesn't get through. But Lucy will be used for rebounds so I'm not too worried. Moka can jump insanely high and will jump right over him. Stamina wise my team greatly excels at it. Lucy can deflects a barrage of bullets with her vectors which normally would take a lot of energy and she can still fight on. Moka being a vampire gives her great stamina as well. Halibel, Shana, and Erza all have insanely high stamina. These three are able to fight long battles against multiple opponents and even fight with injuries yet still fight on without showing much fatigue. Overall, my team is pretty kick-ass.

@GeneralVan: o.O......now im afraid lol. Great job in choosing Piccolo as the coach. He's got great experience in *coaching*, but I believe as far as strategy goes, Light Yagami would do a better job. Just the fact that he could manipulate an entire government agency while working for the same agency is amazing to me, plus he can handle the pressure of being trailed (I know that will happen now). And having Vegeta as the AC is a great move. Also, picking Erza as the leader was a great choice. Im gonna say this now, so dont get frustrated. Zebra is gonna foul the s*** outta Shana. He is gonna see it as her getting "cocky" (no pun intended lol) and he will probably lose his temper. When that happens, his stamina is completely revived, as seen when fighting the king of the Gourmet Pyramid. His physical strength and endurance is far beyond most characters already, seen when he was locked in Honey Prison for an undescribed amount of time, surviving multiple execution attempts by the execution beasts (being pulled by each limb) while each beast is at least 20 tons or more. Also, when his vocal powers didn't really affect the Mounturtle, just one punch from him is enough to have it reeling from the impact. So his physical abilities alone would be enough to get through to basket for some quick points.Not sure how Chad can match up to her in the jumping area but if Moka tries to drive to the rim, she better hope that she can muster strength equal to or greater than a steel girder. She will likely topple over running into Chad. But like you said, that jumping strength is what counts. Ichigo is a fail here. Against all of these females, especially Erza, he would be damn useless. I dont think seduction would be against the rules here, but it would generally only effect Ichigo. All my other team members doesn't really have that problem. Ryuhei will be the one to score consecutively. Coach Yagami will do a little shuffling of the positions (most likely switching around Luffy, Ichigo, and Ryuhei since their roles are somewhat interchangeable.) Other than that, Your team is pretty damn solid. Just all winds down on who dominates early on in the game.

@ChromeDisaster: Yeah Zebra isn't the most patient guy in the world and everyone in the crowd will boo him when he fouls poor little Shana, and Vegeta would be screaming: "Kakarot! That's a foul! Come on Kakarot!" since Goku is the ref lol. She might kick him in the nuts later on. Yeah and even if Ichigo doesn't get seduced, Erza can just fake and get around him, but he most likely will fall for Erza's charm and let her pass. Yeah Moka can jump high in her sealed state and since I'm using her unsealed state she can jump even higher. At first when I saw you had Light Yagami as your coach I was like: "Light Yagami as a basketball coach? No way!" But then I realized that he is damn good at making strategies. Vegeta's purpose is to make sure the team doesn't get away from the game plan. But yeah it mainly comes down to who dominates the game early on and when Zebra fouls Shana will he be ejected from the game or not or she just kicks him in the nuts lol. But yeah you got a real good team too.

@GeneralVan said:

@ChromeDisaster: Yeah Zebra isn't the most patient guy in the world and everyone in the crowd will boo him when he fouls poor little Shana, and Vegeta would be screaming: "Kakarot! That's a foul! Come on Kakarot!" since Goku is the ref lol.

LMAO!!!! I swear i could see this actually happening. So funny.

And was gonna say he would get ejected, but I edited it out. When that happens it's game over.

@ChromeDisaster: He'll foul Shana and if Goku is nice he will let him go but he most likely will hit Ichigo for getting seduced and then get ejected lol. But yeah if he gets ejected it's either 5 on 3 or 4 on 3 depending if Shana is still able to play but she is tough so if she is given enough rest time she'll be back at it. I said 3 for your team because Zebra is out and Ichigo is pretty much helpless and will give in to the seduction lol.

@GeneralVan: Your right. Never should've picked that guy, but he couldn't have known he would be going against a team of pretty girls.

@ChromeDisaster: Yeah true. He probably thought: "Vegeta the assistant coach? These are probably a bunch of muscle head ruthless killers!" But then he found out his team was going up against 4 hot girls and 1 adorable Flame Haze. Erza would be like: "Let me pass." And while Ichigo is thinking about giving in to her looks she would be long gone by then and he would get pummeled by Zebra.

@GeneralVan: Zebra goes back to prison in this game. And Ichigo had better thank GOD that Erza cant use the Seduction Armor. If he cant handle being in a hot spring with a woman, he cant handle Erza. Even I cant look at that armor without being affected lol

@ChromeDisaster: Even without Seduction Armor all he has to do is give him a hot facial expression and goes right passed him. And no one besides Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo can resist Seduction Armor. And yeah Zebra is getting ejected and going back to jail lol. Yeah sorry Zebra, but you can't hit a little girl. Ichigo will eventually quit because he can't play against girls, leaving Chad, Luffy, and Ryuhei outnumbered by either 1 or 2 players depending if Shana recovers from the fouls, which she will play either way given her personality. And plus they don't want to thwart Vegeta's plan of winning the game after he gave them the reason not to:

Then he was calmed down by Piccolo and promised not to hurt them no matter the outcome.

(Again, these videos are for comedic purposes and I am using the regular DBZ Piccolo and Vegeta, not the Abridged versions)

@GeneralVan: @ChromeDisaster: So are you guys ready to put this to a vote?

Post by DBZ_universe (14,801 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Both showed a lot! Hard to vote here lol.

Post by All_StarSupes (762 posts) See mini bio Level 10

It's more than likely that Zebra will either get bored or angry and just eat the ball.

@UltimateHero0406: Sure.

Post by DBZ_universe (14,801 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@All_StarSupes said:

It's more than likely that Zebra will either get bored or angry and just eat the ball.

Or Luffy thinks is a giant orange and eats it from the start lol

@UltimateHero0406: Yup.

Who do you guys think wins?

Post by othus12 (5,609 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

i haven't been following the debate so i wont vote. sorry guys

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I have no idea what's going on in this thread honestly.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel