Trafalgar Law vs Barragan

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Oct. 25, 2012. Last post by bowstaff54 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,356 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Yes I know, many people are going to sat WHAT ARE YOU A TROLL??? just hear me out first ok. When I realized barragan has a weakness to his own power, I kind of thought it was PIS but whatever, it works out to Laws advantage.

Law knows his enemies power

battle takes place on Punk Hazard snowy side

Post by taichokage (14,252 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Baraggan still has time dilation, effectively freezing Law while he does as he likes. Yes he should be able to use Baraggan's own respira against him, but it would be circumstantial. If they had full knowledge of each other before the battle, Law would know to do this if Baraggan released. However, if Baraggan knew, he wouldn't release at all. He probably wouldn't even consider Law in high enough esteem to release even if he didn't know. Also Law's ability is space orientated. I question how it would work against an aura of time. Interesting though. If all circumstances and questions were given the benefit of the doubt, Law could possibly defeat released Baraggan. But base is a bit different since his power can't work against him there.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It can go either way

Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Law, in a close match, it's pretty much a one hit kill for both sides so the fight will need to be decided in one move.

Post by All_StarSupes (779 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Can't Law just teleport Baragans powers inside of him when he uses his stink breath attack?

That's what the op was reading. But there are questions and factors. Would a space related fruit work through his time aura, what distance are they? If Baraggan just floats 100 meters above sea level then he is out of range. And also when Baraggan is in base, room won't matter. He can dilate time and do anything he wants. So it's not black and white. The distance matters, knowledge matters, which form Baraggan uses matters, whoever acts first matters, and room may or may not work on his time aura. I'd say Baraggan has the advantage but again it's not black and white. Law probably has a shot at winning.
Post by Greysmokeman (165 posts) See mini bio Level 5

i agree....

kirisute gomen

+

@taichokage: If he floats that high he can't use his own attack on Law unless he is in release for in which case Law will be faster. XD I have honestly never seen a battle in Bleach where the captains or villains just flew thousands of feet into the air and just trolled there for the whole fight, even Starkk got up close. As for the fight starts Law could use the Room, it's not know if other people's powers even work while inside, either way, I don't think the properties of the room are that simple. Barragan can't just rot away a power like that, it's like saying he can rot away Kidd's magnetism or Dio's time stop or Haki, or Tsukuyomi or something like that. I give this to Law since his power works at a greater distance and being fast enough to avoid Barragan when he starts to get close, not to mention his sorta gravity reverse thing he did on that ship, so that will trip him up, as well as being smarter too.

Room is an energy field like kido is energy, not a fundamental force of the universe like gravity, magnetism or space (although time is one and he can manipulate it). Now whether he can rot it or not isn't the problem. But equally I question if Law's room could affect a time field. However nobody ever seems to mention Baraggan's other ability which really is more powerful. He can dilate time. He's like a lesser version of Zoom as speedsters couldn't even follow him. He didn't use the ability much but it was because he was cocky. He most certainly does possess it though. Also it isn't necessarily out of his character to fight in the air. His entire fighting time was in the air. In fairness his opponents also flew though. But even if Law's room can affect Baraggan, it would only be of real value when he is released. Somewhat like Zommari, Baraggan is more dangerous or at least has advantages in sealed form. However he is fully vulnerable to Baraggan.

@taichokage: he only dialates people when they get close, Law can use distance attacks like his sword slashes or use the environment against him like he did against smoker. anything inside the room is his to control besides other people

I don't recall such a restriction. But even were that true, he can dilate or age anything that gets near him (including objects and energy). I'm not saying that law has no chance though.

@taichokage: We are never told if that's true or not, we have no idea if the Room is energy based, it's the power of a fruit, it's more like a dimension or area. The Room is more or less like the 8 Trigrams, if you are in it, you are in range of Law's ability. It's not something you can age away, you are mistaking Law's ability for a ki barrier or kido blast, which it is not. The only things I really saw Barragan dilate were Soi fon's simple and relatively slow kick and a few other minor things outside his released form. Also Barragan can only rot away things gradualy, not instantly, for example if you throw a giant meteor at him, he would only be able to rot away a small portion before the rest hits him, this also means the speed of the attack comes into play as well, Law's rooms cover's the desired amount of space in almost no time at all, and it only takes a seconds or two for him to swing around his sword and mess someone's body up. Barragan can quickly rot away a fist coming at him or a sword slash, and MAYBE a normal sized kido/cero. But to completely annihilate Law's room before Law can use it's effect is kinda silly given what we has seen him do.

Besides, a normal human is capable of seeing Barragan's effect at work, I'm sure someone as fast as Law can act before it get's rid of the Room (Assuming it can, for the sake of argument) Close match, but I say Law.

Post by othus12 (7,340 posts) See mini bio Level 13

close call, im leaning towards law, since he can deflect barragans hability, which would make him the perfect counter.

well now im CERTAIN law has the power to kill a LOT of top tiers now

looks like One Piece is starting to go into the mountain busting range with smaller characters :D

Lmao. I knew this would be bumped immediately. Although extremely impressive, it is merely him showing the same power on a massively larger scale. All the same Law is probably the most OP'd HST character since Aizen. I just don't think that in this particular case his hax would overrule another.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

My answer is still the same, but that was awesome. Law have skyrocketed through my ranks from number ten to number two :)

Post by All_StarSupes (779 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'm sure anybody with Garps level haki and above would be able to nullify Law's ability. But he should be able to beat Barragan.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Law is pretty badass. I guess he could win here.

@taichokage: what does OP'd mean? overplayed?

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@taichokage: what does OP'd mean? overplayed?

Overpowered

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel