[Tournament] Vice Character Finishing Move Showdown

Topic started by willyvereb on Feb. 9, 2011. Last post by KeitaKuhn 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
So it's time for another tournament. This time we don't make any strict rules. The mechanics are rather simple. Let me explain briefly.
The point in Vice Finishing Move Showdown (VFMS) is to make exotic or cool finishing moves with the character of your choice. In every round we announce a target of choice and then each participants posts their finishing move on that character.

Example:

Target: Frieza
Your character: Vegeta

Vegeta punches Frieza in the gut then follows up with an elbow. Next Vegeta knees Frieza in the head and kicks him far away. Vegeta throws dozens of energy blasts in rapid succession after Frieza and then charges up for a large attack. He finally vaporizes Frieza with Galick gun, alongside the entire mountain range. "Strongest of the universe? *spits* No big deal."

Rules:

- Maximum size: 200 words. If you slightly go over the limit it's no problem. Just don't write me entire novels.:p
- Keep your posts work-safe. No explicit content. Swearing and trash talk is allowed of course with moderation.
- Limited to just anime characters (unless you got special permission)  
- Anyone is free to submit their finishing moves but ONLY ONE per round. No need to ask for joining. It's a free game.
- Each post is evaluated by a group of judges based on creativity and coolness factor.
- In the name of Rule of Cool you are free to ignore the target's superior durability or overall power. For the sake of fair play we always assume your character can hurt the target even if he/she normally can't.
- Same way you are free to inflate the character's powers or invent new techniques as long as it won't contradict the character's style. I.e: Goku won't create blackholes but Solar System busting Kamehameha is fine.
- The winner can name the new target for the finishing moves in the next round.
- Each round starts roughly a week after the previous one.

Every round takes place in this thread. No need to previously join this topurnament. Everyone is free to post their finishing moves whenever they like. Each finishing move is rated from 1 to 10 (fraction points are allowed) by a group of judges based on creativity and coolness factor. The poster with the most points wins the round. The winners get a honorable mention at the Hall of Fame and earn the right to choose the next target for the new round.

List of Judges:

- cfatalis
- OmegaMekix
- Nevermind
- Superevil225 

Hall of Fame:

- Round 1:

Winner: Dream
 Winner: Dream

- Round 2:

Winner: Haofan123
 Winner: Haofan123

- Round 3:
Winner: willyvereb

- Round 4:
In progress...
I think the rules are clear enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Discussions and else are of course allowed in this thread. Also the judges will openly announce their ratings here.

Anyways, time to start this thing:

Round One, start!

Target: Vegeta, prince of Saiyans
Start Date: Feb 9., 2011
End Date: Feb 16., 2011 23:59

Good luck everyone! 
Post by taichokage (12,639 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@willyvereb: Intersting. I'll be the first to sign up. But I think I'll need a bit to think of a really good finisher.
@taichokage: Signing up isn't a requirement. You are free to post whenever you like.
Each round lasts an entire week. The winner can decide on the new target for the next round.
I made this a rather freeform game to take Vice's occasional laziness to account. Anyways, thanks for joining!
Post by DemonEyesKyo (542 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I just give it a try...

Target: Vegeta, prince of Saiyans (is it necessary?)
Your Character: Demon Eyes Kyo

"Who are you? Where's Kakarott?" Asks Vegeta impatiently. " Dunno. Who are you talking about? I am the strongest in the world. That's all it matters." Kyo answers confidently. "Strongest? You sure jest. There's no way you can-" In a moment Vegeta could feel the cold steel of Kyo's blade leaning against his neck. "...defeat you? It's no big deal, really." Kyo finished the sentence. "What? How? Damn it don't take me lightly!" Vegeta  quickly flew out of Kyo's reach."You'll die in Kakarott's place!" He's charging up for a big attack. "We'll see. Mumyo Jinpu Ougi, Suzaku!" Kyo summoned a giant firebird and sent it straight for Vegeta. At the same time- "Galick Gun!" Called out the Saiyan prince and released his best attack. The blast went clean through the flaming bird. "Hahaha! You fool!" Vegeta was sure of his victory. But his attack met an invisible wall, Genbu. The transparent turtle shell protected Kyo and sent out snake-like appendices to catch the Saiyan. "Not a chance!" Vegeta avoided the snakes and were about to counter but Kyo was faster. "Mumyo Jinpu Ougi, Byakko!" Kyo sent a mighty white tiger after Vegeta. "You can't catch me!" The Saiyan dodged again but something strange immobilized him. "Can you feel the claw of the white tiger?" Kyo mocked him. "Seiryuu!" Kyo sent the last member of the Four Divine Beasts to close the trap. Suzaku miraculously got resurrected and impacted violently with Vegeta. "Impossible!" The Saiyan prince sounded his disbelief. The Divine Beasts caught him in a pincer move. Thunderous noise. "Kouryu!" Exclaimed Kyo as Heavenly Dragon, Kouryu descended on Vegeta as a bright beam of light. The explosion covered the entire landscape and Vegeta was on the ground. "Am I alive?" Vegeta expressed his wonder. "Not for long. Mizuchi!" Kyo drew his sword and cut the defenseless Vegeta to pure red mist. Kyo playfully licked down the blood from his stained blade with a victorious grin.
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@DemonEyesKyo: 

You were able to write Vegeta well and there are no spelling mistakes which is a really good thing. But sometimes you had it in present tense and not past tense which made it a little difficult to read. Also, it is too long and complicated. This overshot the 10 line only rule and it loses the attention of the reader. You could have just had Kyo slice Vegeta's neck when he was up close to him. But I will give you points for trying to be flashy and putting a lot of effort into it. 

I give this finishing move a solid 6. 
@OmegaMekix: Really? I messed up.
It looks 9.5 lines to me.:(

EDIT:I mean on my browser
@DemonEyesKyo: I counted around 22. But it's no big deal. You can try again in the next round.
Post by Dream (7,215 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Target: Vegita, Prince of Saiyans
My Character: Dio Brando

"Are you here to pick a fight, you freak?" asks Vegita. 
"Your power is weak. You won't be much of a challenge," boasts Dio.
"You arrogant little...," yells Vegita as he flies towards the vampire in a rage. 
Dio just stands idle as he preps his own attack, "ZA WARUDO!" Suddenly, everything in the vicinity of Dio stands still, including a helpless Vegita.
"Time has stopped." In a crazed rage, Dio rapidly chucks out a bunch of knives as they float in the air very close to Vegita with time frozen.
"Time resumes." The Saiyan prince has no time to react as he finds himself stabbed with the countless knives that seemed to suddenly appear in front of him. He collapses to the ground in a bloody mess and struggles to try getting himself up.
"ROAD ROLLER, DA!" To Vegita's dismay, a steamroller coming from the air is the last thing he sees before it lands on the ground to squish its unlucky target.
Glad that we're finally on track with the finishing moves.
Good, keep it up everyone!
\@Dream:

Nice post, you were pretty creative on Vegeta's defeat. The main thing that is bugging me in this is that it is in present tense when it should be in past tense. Plus, you could have added more description to how the characters were reacting to each other. It would really add more life into the post.  

Instead of just having, "Are you here to pick a fight, you freak?" asks Vegita. You could put, "Are you here to pick a fight, you freak?" Vegeta asked with an impatient tone in his cold voice. This gives a clearer image in the readers head.

But for the creativity, good spelling and grammar, keeping true to the characters, and good description on the attack, I give this an 8 out of 10.
Just a reminder:
The deadline for the first round is till tomorrow midnight. You have a little more than a day to post your entries.
@Dream:
You seem to be the winner for now. Unless the other judges mark your post with completely different scores or we get a new input, of course. Still, I guess you should be thinking on the next target for Round 2. You are free to name any anime/manga character although it's better if he/she is well known.
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I like Dream's better. Kyo's characterization was great, but Dream's had a fatality mixed in with some ironic humor.
I failed again, damn.
nvm, gonna try again in the next round.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@DemonEyesKyo: As Mekix said, you did go over the limit, and you did switch between tenses. There was also quite a bit of choppy description which made things seem to be too fast. I liked the dialogue, and the characterization. I give it a 6 out of 10. Most of your marks were lost from the size. You're writing was pretty good. 

@Dream:
With such simple and short description I was actually surprised to see how much you fit in to that. I'd only say to expand the description. You have room, why not use it? Other than that I really liked it. :) I give a 7.5 out of 10. Nice originality and intriguing moves. 

@Haofan123:
There were quite a few grammar mistakes, a lack of capitalization, and a lack of ' when needed. Like ill instead of I'll. A few spelling mistakes. The characterization seemed a bit iffy, and I had trouble understanding your interpretation of Edward. Some of the description left me a bit confused, or I had to read it over again. There also seemed to be a lack of panache, which is something I really pick on. I give it a 6 out of 10. 

So far, Dream seems to win this round.
@Superevil225: Man, I totally busted it didn't I?
Okay I try not be that long winded. Force of habit I guess.:p
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@DemonEyesKyo: :P It's all good. I got a 17 line count or so on my computer. You might have a very big screen, keep that in mind next time. :D
@Superevil225: I figure...

Looks like this to me BTW.
 Looks like this to me BTW.
Well, seems like everyone sees a different line count. Better to change the rules then.
New limit: Not 10 lines but 200 words.
It's a little more than the previous limit but I think that solves many problems.  Just use any kind of document manager to see whether a post exceeded this limit or not. I hope it makes things easier.
Anyways, it looks like Dream have won. 

Congratulations!
 Congratulations!

I already contacted him on the matter of the next round. He chose Aizen. So...

Round Two, start!

Start date: Feb 17., 2011
End Date: Feb 24. 23:59, 2011

Target: Aizen Sousuke

Good luck everyone! Let me see some real nice finishers!:)
Post by Dream (7,215 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Target: Sousuke Aizen
My Character: Chise (Saikano)

Aizen scoffed at his seemingly harmless foe, "You have enough nerve to fight me, foolish girl."
"Appearances can be deceiving. You must die now," Chise coldly declared as her body glowed bright white.
Aizen fired off a large blast of spiritual energy at Chise. The girl seemingly vanished as Aizen barely noticed a white light speed past him. The immense speed from Chise passing him caused Aizen to slam into a skyscraper. Stunned from the attack, Aizen took notice of Chise floating in midair with large metallic wings on her back and her right arm appearing like a large machine gun while still glowing white. Aizen attempted another blast, but ate lead instead as Chise's gun arm fired off many high-powered rounds into Aizen's flesh leading the shinigami to bleed profusely as he collapsed to the ground.
"This can't be," Aizen cried as he laid heavily wounded.
"Don't worry. It's almost over." Chise said as she soared up into the air. An immense blast is fired upon the ground from Chise's body. The entire city which she and Aizen occupied quickly disintegrated from her attack, including the man who tried to take over the Soul Society.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel