Toriko vs Vegeta

Topic started by BladeWade on June 18, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: what about this little guy?

can he moonbust too? because he has cut an oozaru before.

Depends on his powerlevel? The whole thing is about powerlevels bro, powerlevels only became useless after frieza.

Post by othus12 (7,706 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@eddz99: puars is on par with oolong (which is brick level) i think this actually supports my theory. he cut an oozaru (kid goku on steroids lol easily above moon level) by transforming into common scissors. and he did this more than once so we cant really call it an outliner. i guess i was right. you dont need to have compressed power to damage dragon ball moon busters and above. this reminds me that krillin with no ki at all was gonna kill vegeta with yajirobes katana.

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: puars is on par with oolong (which is brick level) i think this actually supports my theory. he cut an oozaru (kid goku on steroids lol easily above moon level) by transforming into common scissors. and he did this more than once so we cant really call it an outliner. i guess i was right. you dont need to have compressed power to damage dragon ball moon busters and above. this reminds me that krillin with no ki at all was gonna kill vegeta with yajirobes katana.

I don't really understand all of that since i don't watch db but i am pretty sure they can enhance their defense with ki, the only reason why vegeta's tail was cut was because he was caught of guard. Yet goku's normal punches hurt frieza, oh dbz... Your inconsistency makes it harder for me to win debates T_T

@eddz99: loool i agree dragon ball is veeery inconsistent! well how about we stop this debate lets just call it a good we dont know

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: loool i agree dragon ball is veeery inconsistent! well how about we stop this debate lets just call it a good we dont know

Agreed :3 , i think i should pick another favorite anime to debate on... :O

@eddz99: pick toriko XD

@othus12 said:

Yep, i have been noticing that their feats are pretty precise :O

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@eddz99 said:

@othus12 said:

I don't really understand all of that since i don't watch db but i am pretty sure they can enhance their defense with ki, the only reason why vegeta's tail was cut was because he was caught of guard. Yet goku's normal punches hurt frieza, oh dbz... Your inconsistency makes it harder for me to win debates T_T

That's a good point. Even Goku was hurt by a rock in his FP SSJ form when he wasn't expecting it.

The thing I find with DBZ is that rather than look at what's actually happening to gauge someone's power level you have to look at how one person compares to another. I mean you see the Cell vs Goku fight and you might think "these two are crap, they're not even blowing up mountains with their ki blasts" but then you have to remember that going by past showings such as, Piccolo blowing up the moon in early DBZ, and the fact that Goku and Cell are both 1000s of times more powerful that Piccolo, both characters could easily destroy the planet with a blink but obviously they're choosing not to (because Goku would die in space and it would make for a crappy manga).

The way I see it, this is still an easy win for Vegeta. He's got Toriko beat in both power (able to take blasts and punches from someone like Piccolo who as mentioned could blow up the moon(also as mentioned the fact that Frieza can tank blasts from Piccolo but not punches from Goku)) and speed (reaction times easily in the massively hypersonic levels (Goku was dodging laser beams in early DB)).

If you ask me, DBZ got waaaay too powerful far too early on in the series and then it just messed everything else up leading to massive inconsistencies. But I'm convinced that by Namek Saga, most of the characters such as the Ginyu Force etc etc could planet bust with ease and had FTL reactions (Piccolo saying he only saw a flash of light when Frieza fired his death beam(Even though he had a fairly high PL at this point) but Vegeta being able to actually not only see the beam but react to it.

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ohgodwhy:

(Piccolo saying he only saw a flash of light when Frieza fired his death beam(Even though he had a fairly high PL at this point) but Vegeta being able to actually not only see the beam but react to it.

by getting shot in the chest

@Nerx: No he moved Gohan out of the way of the blast.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,701 posts) See mini bio Level 14
  im going to give it to vegata   

@ohgodwhy:

no gohan here

@Nerx: Are you trolling me? I really can't tell. You do know that occurred after Frieza had already beaten the crap out of Vegeta and left him half dead on the floor and crying to Goku about his Sayain Pride.

I'm talking about before when Frieza just turned into his 4th form and shot a death beam at Dende which also would've hit Gohan had Vegeta not moved him out of the way.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This battle can go either way I guess. Vegeta's probably fast enough to avoid the blitz, but Toriko's still faster.

Comes down to strength vs DC

It depends on the distance between them. If its less than 50-100 m, Toriko wins. Otherwise, Vegeta

@ohgodwhy: but even so he should be able to anticipate it at least

@Nerx: Not if he's crippled on the floor lol and crying about his Saiyan pride.

@ohgodwhy: he's a saiyan prince dangit, even in death he should have dignity

@Nerx: He cried so much it was pretty lame. Bad day for Vegeta. Then again Frieza did kill his entire race so I can understand why.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Puar a brick buster? lol he is a Universe buster.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,546 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Puar WINS
Puar WINS
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel